Chapter 6

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Monday came and Jongin was not in the mood. His Grandpa called him yesterday and reminded him to meet the old man in his office. He woke up grumpily and his parents didn't dare to ask why because they already knew what was it. The maids in their house were clueless of what happened, but they felt the heavy tension, so they were careful around the younger.

 

Jongin drove his car in full speed to school. He parked on the parking lot and walked to his hideout; the rooftop. When Jongin was not in the mood, or just wanted to be alone he would go there. His friends, Sehun and Chanyeol also knew that and they will stay there sometimes. But most of the time Jongin's alone, just like now.

 

He barged on the rooftop door and slammed it harshly. No one was allowed to go there but they cannot stop him from doing what he wants. He's Jongin after all. To say that he was so frustrated would be an understatement. He ran his hand through his hair and exhaled infuriatingly. He called Sehun and Chanyeol to join him on the rooftop. The two, of course came and Jongin explained what happened with a huff and puff in between his rant.

 

"Dude, that ." Chanyeol commented after Jongin vented out his frustration to them.

 

"Oh yeah? Tell me about it."

 

"So? You're going to meet your grandpa after school?" Sehun asked Jongin. They were huddled on a bench with Chanyeol sitting on a stool, facing them.

 

"Like I have a choice?" Jongin rolled his eyes.

 

"Actually, you have." Chanyeol countered, shrugging his shoulders.

 

"And what? forget the golf course? Are you kidding me?"

 

"Well at least you have an option." Sehun bluntly said.

 

"You guys ." Jongin smacked Sehun's arm playfully and the youngest hissed.

 

"Hey, It's not that bad. Have you seen her?" Chanyeol inquired, raising his brow. She couldn't be that bad. Chanyeol knew about that stuff because he, himself, was aware how a rich family goes. And well, since the girl came from a rich family either she's a and spoiled or a goody two shoes because of her family being strict.

 

"No. And it's not a girl. It's a boy." And that's what they didn't expect.

 

Sehun tried so hard not to laugh at how unfortunate Jongin's life is.

 

"Oh. You're not homophobic, aren't you?" Chanyeol questioned. True Jongin is a known playboy, he made out with a lot of girls in their school but never did once he made out with a boy.

 

"No . But that's not the point." Jongin groaned indignantly. Talking his situation with his idiotic friends was useless.

 

"I understand." Sehun and Chanyeol sympathized with Jongin but snickered at the back of their minds.

 

*

 

After class,  Baekhyun and Kyungsoo went to their lockers and dropped their books before going to the cafeteria. By their lockers, Baekhyun was telling a joke to Kyungsoo and they laughed so hard. Baekhyun was carried away and pushed Kyungsoo playfully, but a little bit too hard and that madeKyungsoo lose his steps and stumbled backwards.

 

He expected to fall on the hard floor but someone caught him from behind. "Watch it." An annoyed voice growled at him and pushed Kyungsoo who landed at Baekhyun's arms.

 

"What the hell!?" Baekhyun was flabbergasted and shouted at the one who pushed Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun was also shocked because it was no other than Kim Jongin. He feels bad for Kyungsoo because the latter has a huge crush on this guy. He looked at Kyungsoo and he looked like he's gonna cry any moment.

 

"I..I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." Kyungsoo stuttered. Voice quivered and his body was shaking. Baekhyun didn't miss it.

 

"Obviously." Jongin said coldly and walked away with Chanyeol and Sehun in tow. "Jerk." Baekhyun hissed. He is not gonna let Jongin treat Kyungsoo that way. So what if his best friend likes this guy? He's a douchebag. He's rude and has no respect. He's only a junior and why did he treat his senior that way?

 

"What did you say?" Jongin turned around facing Baekhyun, eyes narrowed. If looks can kill, Baekhyun will be ashes by now.

 

Baekhyun didn't expect Jongin to react that way. He's scared of course, but he will not show that to Jongin. "Yah, Jongin. Let's just go." Sehun pulled his friend away from the two. Jongin spared one last look at Baekhyun and spun around. 

 

"I'm sorry, my friend is not in the mood today." Chanyeol apologized to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo when Sehun and Jongin continued walking.

 

"I can see that. But he cannot just vent out his frustration to my friend here." Baekhyun pointed Kyungsoo who was evidently disappointed at his and Jongin's first encounter. There are a lot of good guys in school but why did Kyungsoo choose Jongin?

 

"Baekhyun, enough. I'm okay." Kyungsoo pleaded to Baekhyun to stop.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry again." Chanyeol bowed and scurried to go to his friends.

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo met Luhan in the cafeteria at their usual table. The older of the three was already sitting there with his lunch.

 

He spotted Baekhyun and Kyungsoo and animatedly stood up and waved at them. The pair smiled at the other. The duo ordered their lunch they ate together. Baekhyun noticed Jongin's group at their usual table; in the center, and glared at them.

 

"What's wrong Baek?" Luhan asked while chewing his food. He noticed Baekhyun was poking his food angrily looking at the other table.

 

Baekhyun explained what happened. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes because of how Baekhyun exaggerated things.

 

"Really? He pushed you, Soo?" Luhan asked in disbelief looking at Kyungsoo worriedly. Kyungsoo sighed. "He didn't mean it. He's not in the mood." Kyungsoo tried to explain.

 

"And now you're on his side?" Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo shook his head and sighed.

 

*

 

On Jongin's table, the three of them were eating silently. The atmosphere was not good. Sehun and Jongin don't mind except Chanyeol. He feels suffocated. He wants to talk, to shout, to rumble. He's not a taciturn kind of person. He 's the opposite.

He breathed loudly and looked at the two in front of him; no reaction. He looked around and noticed familiar faces from a different table.

 

"Hey, wasn't them a while ago?" Chanyeol tilted his head to Kyungsoo's table.

 

Jongin and Sehun looked at Chanyeol's direction.

 

"So?" Jongin asked curtly.

 

"I didn't notice their group until now." Chanyeol said frankly.

 

"They're not noticeable." Jongin commented rather rudely, not looking at the losers table.

 

"I know one of them. The blonde one. His name is Luhan. He’s Yixing's cousin. He is also Chinese." Sehun spoke for the first time while munching his burger.

 

"I will be surprised if he's not Chinese." Chanyeol mocked the maknae. The latter roll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter