Chapter 26

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It needs its own chapter. LOL

 

~*~*~*~*~*

 

Two years has passed, Seungsoo wasn't able to go back to Korea since the time he entered college. His schedule was hectic and the subjects were difficult and he can't afford to slack off. Many holidays he couldn't get home because of that. But this year, when winter break came, he decided to go back home to surprise his brother, Kyungsoo. He's not only his brother but also his best friend. To say that he missed the younger was an understatement.

 

As his plane landed at Incheon, the first person he called was his mother. He informed her that he arrived in Korea and told her not to mention it to Kyungsoo. His mother sounded excited on the telephone that the eldest son, which was him, came home. But what he didn't expect was when his mother said they are not living in their old house anymore.

 

"I'm sorry that we didn't inform you but I am not expecting you're coming home without telling me beforehand."

 

"That's okay mom. Where is Kyungsoo staying now?" He wondered where Kyungsoo was staying. Did he transfer school? Nah. That won't happen. Was he living alone?

 

 

"Oh. Ummm. About that...honey, why don't you stay at you cousin's house for the mean time? I'll call her. You still remember her,right? Your Minjin noona?"

 

"Yes, of course I do. How could I ever forget her?" He laughed at the thought of his cousin. He remembered when he and Kyungsoo were younger she was spoiling them. She even babysit them when they're parents were not around or just wanted to play with them. "Is Kyungsoo staying with her?"

 

"He used to. Listen son, why don't you go to your cousin's house first then call me when you're settled in and we'll talk about your brother."

 

"Mom, why are you sounded so serious about Kyungie's situation. Is there something wrong that I didn't know?"

 

"Nothing's wrong. Just call me when you get there, okay?"

 

After the call ended, Seungsoo was bewildered at the lack of information about his brother. What happened in all those years of his absence?

 

*


 

He arrived at his cousin's mansion after three hours of ride in a bus. He was exhausted and he just wanted to lie on a bed. It was six pm when he got there. Minjin, as usual, was sweet and welcoming. They talked for a while to catch up before he was sent to one of the rooms where Kyungsoo stayed before to settle down and have a rest for a while before dinner.

 

Seungsoo was now really confused when he asked his cousin about Kyungsoo and was told that they talk through dinner. Even his mother asked him to wait and let Minjin explain it to him when he called second time that day. He shrugged it off since he doesn't have any choice and just wait when dinner arrive and ask for his brother's whereabouts.

 

He took a power nap after changing for some comfortable clothes and was called downstairs for dinner. He was not used to be served food by maids and he somehow found it suffocating when they were watching his every moves. He cleared his throat and asked his noona about the status of his brother.

 

"Seungie-ah, about Kyungsoo... He's actually getting married and he's living with his fiancée now."

 


 

Seungsoo almost choked his guts out at the information. Kyungsoo's getting married? Living with his fiancé? "What?! Noona, please tell me you are joking. This isn't funny. He's still in high school." His eyes bulging out in horror. His baby brother is getting married. He was crying inside.

 

"I get that... but your parents agreed to it and so does Kyungsoo." Said Minjin as she put down the fork and knife and sipped his wine.

 

"Kyungsoo agreed to it?" He couldn't believe it. How could Kyungsoo agree to the marriage?

 

"Yes, he did. It's not like we forced him to do it."

 

Minjin explained to him why and how did it happen. He was still in the stage of confusion. He really need to see his brother about it and asked him himself why he agreed to it. Does he even like her? Is she pretty? Hell, do they even know that Kyungsoo doesn't like girls? What a joke. But maybe the joke is on him. For those years he was not around, maybe his brother saw the light and became straight. Is that possible?

 

"Noona, how does she looks like?"

 

Minjin crooked his head and looked at him questioningly. "Who?"

 

"The one that Kyungsoo's marrying to. Is she nice? Knows how to cook? Smart?"

 

"Oh. I forgot to tell you one thing. He's not marrying a she but a he."

 

Seungsoo's heart stopped for a moment. Good god, what happened on those years? Are they accepting his brother's uality? He was relieved a little about that part since he knew how his brother confessed to him about his ual orientation and was scared to tell his parents about it. But right now he was more than curious about Kyungsoo's fiancé.

 

"Are my parents okay with that? About Soo's marrying a boy?" He was hesitant to asked but wondered how did his parents take it.

 

"They are more than okay actually. Jongin, the name of Kyungsoo's fiancé is a good kid. We met his family together with your parents and mind you, Jongin's parents and yours got a long pretty well. It was perfect."

 

Minjin continued telling him about his brother and he was not completely accepting those but to know that Kyungsoo was happy enough for him to sleep that night. He was still befuddled but leave that thought for the mean time.

 

The next day, he wanted to visit Kyungsoo and continued his surprise but he forgot to ask an important information from his cousin; the address on where his baby brother lives. He woke up eleven AM the next day. He's not usually like that because he's a morning person but he was having a jet log and his head was dizzy.

 

He took a shower first before descending downstairs and asked for his cousin but the maid told him that Minjin was at work and was offered to eat lunch since it was late to have breakfast. He thanked the maid and nodded. He asked if there's a medicine for his headache and was adviced to eat lunch first and said they'll bring it to him after he's done eating.

 

Maybe it's not that bad living here. He grinned at his thought. But that was not the reason why he came home from U.S to Korea. He really needs to talk to Kyungsoo and staying in this house will make him crazy thinking about his younger brother.

 

The maid arrived with a plate of food with an orange juice and placed it on the table with a medicine for his headache. He thanked her and he begun eating silently. He took his phone out to see if he received any messages from his friends. And there was one, it was his only Korean friend from States, Junmyeon,  asking if he has arrived and asked how was he and that he missed him already. With a simple reply saying that he arrived safely and he settled in, never forgetting to tell him he missed him too, he pocketed his phone and continued eating.

 

Done having his lunch, he thanked the maids and decided to walk around the area to get familiarize the place and see what's interesting in that part of town. It's been a while since he's been there and the place changed so much as far as he remembered. He walked out the house and passed the lawn, which took him time by the way, and headed to the bus stop. But he frowned as he was walking cause he can't remember where it was located. He heaved a sigh and just roamed around the area. He was amazed at how big the houses and how modern they were. Minutes of walk, Seungsoo ended up at the park around the subdivision. It was Monday and the place was almost deserted if not for the old couple resting on the bench under the tree. He found the sight endearing and his lips gracefully stretched to form into a smile.

 

The weather made him relaxed and he seated on the swing, stretched his arms above his head and smiled as he felt sated. Since it's nearing winter, the wind was cool and it's kind of chilly but not to the point to make him shiver. The temperature surrounded him was good for his taste. He actually felt like home. Its been so long since he enjoyed the sight of Korea and to feel the weather. He liked it to say the least. 

 

When he thought that it was enough for him to sit there on the swing, he opted to go home instead since its nearing four PM in the afternoon and he was out for more than three hours. He went back to the house when he knew that he doesn't have anything to do there instead being lazy and lie down on his bed or check on his SNS accounts. If he had asked on where his brother lives he'll go there. He thought of calling his mom but changed his mind again since its weekdays and he knew that his brother was busy in school so he decided to visit him on weekend instead.

 

When he was nearing to his cousin's house, he saw a car parked house away from where he was staying and saw a guy looking at that direction. He furrowed his eyebrows but continued his way and entered the house ignoring it cause maybe the guy was waiting for someone that lives in front of the house where he parked his car.

 

The next day wasn't any different but what he noticed when he got out was the same car was parked house away from theirs and same guy looking at that direction. He raised his eyebrow confusedly but walked away to visit the park again and maybe go to some new place but not too far cause he might get lost and calling his cousin for his carelessness was a no no.

 

Same scenery greeted him on his walk. He was still in awe at the big houses he passed by. He met a dog on his way with its owner and he supressed the urge to touch its hairy fur. He was a er for cute things and the dog was too cute.

 

When he got back from his walk, the guy was still there inside the car. That really bothered him but again, he ignored him and walked inside the house. It's been three days straight and now it was Wednesday but same view welcomed him when he got out from the gate of the house. He was planning to hang out at the park again and maybe go to a mini store that he saw few blocks from where the park was located when he roamed that area. As per usual, he disregarded the thought of the suspicious car with a stranger inside that won't go as if he was waiting for someone.

 

But that thought changed when he got fed up at the stranger as he went back home to see that the car was still there. Without second thought, he trudged at the direction and knocked at the window of the car to ask what does the guy wanted or maybe he can help him but the guy was kind of a jerk and shooed him away. Same thing happened the next day and he assumed that maybe the guy was stalking him, that was absurd, he knew, but that didn't stop him from thinking that way. He was looking at him when he got out from the house. But when the guy denied it he asked if he was stalking his cousin but received an incredulous look instead as if he was being funny. Again, he was shooed away.

 

It was different on Friday though, when he approached the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter