Chapter 27

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“It looks like the next bus will arrive after 30 minutes. Do you want me to just drop you there instead?” Jin suggested as he stopped his car on the side of the road. He doesn’t know why he said that. But he kept saying internally, or rather convincing himself that sometimes it’s nice to help someone. Besides, he has got nothing to do that Saturday. AND Seungsoo was not familiar in this side of town, what if he gets lost on his way? Not that he was concerned because he was totally not. Right? Where was he going anyway? Oh right, to Kungsoo and Jongin’s new house. Ha! Does he really want to drop Seungsoo there? He was not yet ready to face them. Not that he was hiding from them…It’s just. He just can’t…yet.

“Nah. That’s okay. I don’t want to bother you anymore. I mean, I am already thankful you dropped me here at the bus stop. I’ll take it from here. Thanks for offering though, I appreciate it.” Seungsoo gave him a smile, a smile that is so bright that can be compared to the sun. What the hell are you talking about? Where did that come from? You must be crazy. Pull yourselves up together Jinho. You’re not thinking straight. He chastised himself inwardly.

“I don’t mind. I’ve got nothing to do today.” Jin shrugged. “So ummm. I’ll just accompany you then…While you are waiting for the bus.” And why did he say that? Oh right? He was just being nice. Seungsoo doesn’t have someone to talk to or rather someone to be with him for those thirty minutes and it was a long time. But hey, the lady that was waiting on the shed was alone as well and she was not bothered by it. But who knows? Maybe Seungsoo preferred to have some company rather than being alone?--

“I am okay, Jin. It’s only thirty minutes. It’s not that long.” --Or not.

“Are you sure?” Why did it sound like he didn’t want to leave Seungsoo and want to be with him?

“Positive. I’m going now. Thank you.” The younger replied as he unbuckled the seatbelt, ready to leave.

“It’s cold outside, Seungsoo. You’re going to catch cold for waiting there that long.” Way to go Jin. You’re not being too obvious, aren’t you?

“I have a coat and it keeps me warm. Thanks for the concern though.”

“Just stay here inside the car until the next bus arrives.”

“But—“ Seungsoo couldn’t even finish what he was about to say when Jin gave him a look. A look that told him there was no room for argument.

Seungsoo chuckled and asked randomly.

“You don’t have friends to spend your Saturday with, do you?”

“What made you say that?”

“I don’t know, maybe because if you have, you’ll be with them instead of waiting here.”

“Does it ever crossed your mind that maybe I just don’t want to be with them?”

“Oh. So you’d rather stay with me? I am honoured.”

“Yah! It’s not that. I’m just being nice.”

“Hmmm… Really?” The younger said playfully. A tint of teasing in his voice.

“Seungsoo…” Jin warned.

“Chill. I was just kidding. Since we’re spending…” He checked his wrist watch. “23 minutes before the bus arrives, might as well make this conversation fun.”

 “You’re being too comfortable now, aren’t you?”

Seungsoo shrugged and grinned at his direction.

Jin was taken aback at that sight. Maybe because Seungsoo has a beautiful smile. Wait what? He cleared his throat and spoke. “So… When are you going back to States?”

“First week of next year.”

“Until then you’re going to stay at your cousin’s house?” And why do I need to know that? Just to have topic. Right.

“No. I stayed there just for this week. After meeting Kyungsoo I’m going to stay at my parents’ house. I haven't met them yet.”

“I heard it’s too far away.”

“Yeah. It is. Maybe I’ll visit my brother here before I go back to Sates.”

Just your brother? Jin wanted to say. He was shocked by his own thought. Somehow, he was expecting that Seungsoo will see him as well when he goes back.

“And…Maybe you too. Since, you know, you helped me out a lot.” It seemed like Seungsoo read his mind. Was he a mind reader or something?

“Why would I want to see you?” Stupid. Why can’t you just shut your mouth?

“Oh..” It was palpable in Seungsoo’s voice that he felt dejected and Jin wanted to punch himself for being an idiot. What should I do? What should I do?

“Hey. I was just kidding. Of course, I want to see you.” Nice save for a like you.

Wait. That didn’t sound right. It sounded like he really wanted to see the younger before he took off. Well, maybe he did.   

“Heeey! I was hurt for a second there.” Seungsoo laughed. “Why don’t we exchange numbers? I mean…if it’s okay with you.”

“I don’t mind. Here.” Jin handed Seungsoo his phone for the younger to save his contact. After typing, another phone rang.

“I called my number so that I can save yours as well.” Seungsoo said to him as he handed the phone back.

Silence ensued after that but it didn’t take long.

“So… Are you going to stay at your brother’s place today?” Jin casually asked, as if it doesn’t concern him. He’s not sure if it was because he wanted to see Seungsoo after his trip to his brother or if he wanted to see Kyungsoo too. But why would he want to see Seungsoo? Pffft.

“Of course not. Your cousin is probably there. And besides, I just want to have some private talk with my brother and to catch up, I guess. Your cousin wouldn’t mind, would he?”

“I’m sure he would not. Jongin’s a nice guy, though he sometimes a brat but…yeah.”

Seungsoo nodded in understanding. He looked at the window and saw the bus was approaching.

“Oh look. The bus is here. I’ll go now. Thanks for keeping me company. See you around.”

Jin felt that those minutes he spent with Seungsoo inside his car passed by so fast that he didn’t realize it was already time for Seungsoo to leave. He had this urge to stop the younger from going and he doesn’t understand why. Everytime he’s with Seungsoo, though they had a decent conversation twice, exclude those times he spent outside Minjin noona’s house lurking like a stalker and was questioned by the younger, if he was being honest with himself, he’d say that he enjoyed his time with Seungsoo. He was fond of Seungsoo’s company.

The younger hopped off from his car and bowed before started walking to the bus. Jin looked from the glass window and saw Seungsoo’s retreating back. He saw Seungsoo waved at him before entering the bus. He waited until the bus started moving before he started the ignition of his car.

“Why do I feel alone?” He muttered under his breath and was about to stepped on the gas when his phone suddenly chimed indicating he has a new message. He unlocked his phone and checked it. His heart skipped a beat when he saw it was from Seungsoo. What the hell was that? He ignored that random feeling and opened the message. It was a simple “Take care. ^^” but that made him smile unconsciously. When he noticed the grin plastered on his face in the mirror inside his car, he automatically wiped it off from his face.

*

When Seungsoo got in the bus, he was the last one who arrived and it was already full, but he was lucky there was one seat available like it was meant for him. So he hurriedly and sat at the available seat, waiting for the bus to start moving. He looked over his shoulder and saw Jin’s car was still there. He fetched his phone out and decided to text the older.

 “Take care. ^^”

Seungsoo smiled to himself and pocketed his phone.

He enjoyed Jin’s company. He only had a proper talk with  him yesterday but he felt comfortable towards the elder. He was nice to offer him a ride, and not just that, he accompanied him to wait for the bus afraid he’ll catch a cold. He wondered why Kyungsoo didn’t return Jin’s feelings. Wasn’t that enough to make him swoon? In Seungsoo’s case, if a guy was that nice, maybe, just maybe he’ll fell for him easily. Jinho was good looking too. But too bad, he doesn’t feel something for Jin. He was like… How can he say it? Can he call Jin a friend? Are they even friends? For him Jin is his friend but…what about the older? He shrugged off those thoughts and just focused on seeing Kyungsoo…and his fiancé.

How does Jongin looks like? Was he better than Jin? Wait. Why does he comparing both cousins? Of course they are different and he doesn’t want to look biased when he meet that Jongin guy. What did Kyungsoo see in him? He’ll look forward on meeting him.

It didn’t take long for Seungoo to arrive at the station. He was already in the neighbourhood. He kept looking at the paper in his hands to make sure he didn’t miss Kyungso’s address. Ah-ha! He said inwardly when he caught the house number that was the same on the paper written in his hands.

“This house is too big for just the two of them.” He muttered.

It was true. The house has two storeys and by the looks of it, the lot was wide and it seemed like there was still space at the backyard. “Jongin’s family sure has money. And that’s a lot.” He pressed the doorbell at the main door and waited. He was feeling agitated but at the same time he was excited to meet his brother… And the fiancé.

 

*

It was always a lazy weekend with Jongin. Kyungsoo got used to it. It's not that he was complaining, he liked it when Jongin was being all cuddly and sweet. He felt Jongin's lips on his neck, giving him butterfly kisses early in the morning. Kyungsoo was awake for almost twenty minutes but stayed in Jongin's strong arms since the younger wanted to wake up next to him.

By the time he felt those lips that teasingly kissing his neck, he smiled knowing that the younger was now fully awake. He rolled over and face the younger giving him a lovely smile that Jongin adores. "Good morning." He said.

"It's always a good morning waking up next to you."

"Uh-huh. And you're always chessy."

Jongin gave him a lopsided grin and pecked him on the lips. "What do you want to do today?" The younger asked, hands drawing circles on his delicate waist and the other was playing his locks while constantly pecking his nose or his lips.

"I don't know. What about you?" Kyungsoo giggled as it tickles him when Jongin rubbed their noses together in a sweet manner.

"I just want to hold you the whole day." Jongin said as he pulled Kyungsoo closer to him and wrapped him in his embrace and Kyungsoo buried his face on Jongin's neck.

"As much as I would love that, I need to prepare our breakfast." Kyungsoo chuckled when Jongin heaved a sigh of dismay. He moved a little and peck on Jongin's lips.

"I'll take a shower first."

*

Kyungsoo prepared pancakes for them to eat while Jongin was taking his turn to shower, he was humming a random song while flipping the pancake like he was some kind of an expert. Well, he did it perfectly without messing the form. He was so immersed on what he was doing and got startled when an arms s on his waist and yelped unmanly.

"Ughh. Jongin, don't do that." He whined a little but relaxed when Jongin apologized and kissed him on the cheeks, still clinging on him like a koala.

It didn't take long for them to finish the food that Kyungsoo prepared and now they were cuddled in the couch watching some children cartoons that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter