All you perfect imperfections

All of Me

His hand quickly chopped the onion, carrots and some meats. He reached the pan on his upper left, put it on the stove and clicked the stove on. Tonight olive oil will be his choice of ingredient. He hummed an unknown song that run through his head. The onion is sizzling hot in the pan, a delicious aroma filled in the kitchen. He throws the chopped carrots and meats to complete his simple dish. Not forgetting a pinch of salt and seasoning. While washing his hand the spaghetti is ready al dente so he scoops it all out and into the pan they go. Right hand busy mixing they all prettily and the other hand reached the white plate. A simple yet perfect dinner. Done in 30 minutes.

 

“I’ll gain weight like this.” Sungyeol reached the table with a towel still on his damp hair. Ruffling his hair half-heatedly because his stomach grumbles angrily with the delicious treat in front of him. And at last the towel land on the back of chair he sits on. His hand can’t wait to reach the fork and shove it all in his mouth.

 

“Haishhh, this choding.” Woohyun reached the already damped towel and help his friend to ruffle his hair dry. He wants to do it harshly because Sungyeol’s word that morning just stuck in his heart and he can’t tear it off easily. But seeing he chomped his food happily makes Woohyun rolled his eyes and rise his hand up in defeat.

 

He throws the towel into the nearby laundry basket and sits in front of him. Picking up his fork and slowly feed himself. It’s good, no wonder Sungyeol nearly chomp all the food with the plate. The fork is now down on his not a quarter eaten plate. Eyes now staring at the lovable thing in front of him that gobbled his dish like a starving scrounger. Elbow rested peacefully on the desk and hands up palming his own cheek.

 

Sungyeol just maybe noticed there’s a pair of eyes staring at him and he looked up meeting Woohyun’s eyes. “Ahaha… Why’re you not eating?” Sungyeol smile sheepishly.

 

“Not feeling too hungry.” Woohyun shrugs. He see some sauce on Sungyeol’s plump lips, so he just reached forward, brushed the sauce off with his finger and it back. Sungyeol just… stunned there on his seat when suddenly Woohyun finger brushed his lips. It’s too fast. And he really cannot hide his face from blushing.

 

And Woohyun really want to squeeze that plumped reddened cheek with all his might. But he instead acted cool like nothing happened and pushed his plate forwards. “I don’t really wanna finished this. You take it.”

 

“O-okay.” Sungyeol is in fact still hungry and pulled Woohyun’s plate nevertheless. He faced up again, when seeing Woohyun’s assuring smile, he continue gobbled it down his throat. He heard Woohyun’s soft chuckles, maybe thinking how could a person eat that much.

 

It’s then continued with Sungyeol’s chomping his food sound and Woohyun staring peacefully at Sungyeol’s face. It’s indeed a little bit uncomfortable. But Sungyeol choose to just ignore it and enjoy his food. However, it’s become too unbearable over time and it’s getting harder to get his food down without getting stuck on his throat.

 

 “Uhhh, could you please not?” Sungyeol say hesitatingly. He’s kind of realized how Woohyun treat him after this morning. Well, he sometimes have a too direct mouth and can’t really control the words come out from it. But hey, he thinks it’s not that hurtful or heart wrecking comments and response.

 

Sungyeol then heard a heavy sigh from Woohyun before he saw that man picking both the dirty plates up to the dishwasher. Sungyeol can see Woohyun’s slumping back from his seat. He internally feels a little bit guilty. Should he apologies? Before he could call out for him, Woohyun already heading to his room and slam the door shut. He scratches his suddenly itchy head.

 

Woohyun throw his body on his comfy bed. He sighs loudly. He wants to scream out loud. Ranting all his dissatisfaction. Sungyeol is near but yet too far. The more he thinks of it, the messier his mind become. He grunts while thumping all his not so long limbs to his bed. He angrily punches his own chest. Blaming his thumping heart every time he meets Sungyeol’s eyes. Woohyun is still fine after the tragedy where he had to forget his first love at high school. And why the hell Sungyeol had to appear in his life again? When he’s already stabilize his life, his heart?

 

 

 

*

 

It takes a whole five years for Woohyun to forget about him during university. And at that time, he’s in his glorious days. Being hot and smart at the same time really makes him stand out no matter where he goes. And he purposely chose university that’s far away from Sungyeol’s. Letting himself forgetting the doe chocolate eyes that he miss so damn much.

 

Yeah, he got into three to four relationships. But none of them really stuck with him long. Let’s just said he treats all girls equally. Maybe a little different with his girlfriend because they sleep together, but other than that, nothing much. He’s still hanging out with other girls, watching movies and all. He just loves attention. Being in spotlight makes his heart feel full. His smiles become wider whenever a girl calls out his name. And let’s just say all his girlfriend just feel they’re not being loved enough by him.

 

 But he likes being like that. Not much commitment holding his down. A commitment that will never makes his world crumbles down like before. And he even graduates with a flying color. Without much distraction.

 

Becoming a dean list’s student, Woohyun had not much troubles getting into job’s market. One phone calls upon seeing his resume, an interview and he’s in into one of big company in South Korea. His life is going on pretty well since that, becoming the top-newcomer in his department, dating with the prettiest girl in the company and having a smooth line acquiring his first home and car.

 

Until one day, he bumps into someone. He meets again with that doe chocolate eyes. Damn, how much he misses those eyes. Woohyun’s froze at that moment. Once his brain realizes that it’s not his usual weekly wet dream - meeting Sungyeol like this, he quickly stands up from where he falls. Woohyun really hopes Sungyeol will not recognize him.

 

“Uhh, are you okay? Sorry. I should’ve looks in front when walking.” Sungyeol eyeing him with concern.

 

Please, don’t notice me. Please, you don’t know next class kid Nam Woohyun from your high school.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay. No need to worry.” Woohyun try with all his might to smile naturally. But his mind is busy planting a forgetting-Nam Woohyun-curse on Sungyeol that it just makes his smile crooks sideways and turns to an awkward one.

 

He noticed how Sungyeol face turns to a bewildered face. “Okay, so I just go to my floor then if you’re okay.” Sungyeol hesitatingly walk sideways to the lift. Woohyun nodded and gives him a smile to ensure him.

 

Woohyun sighs in relieves and huff out his holding breath. He clenched his chest that’s been beating fast. The long gone feeling is suddenly coming back rushing his heart. Did Sungyeol works here too? Looks like he’s at different floor.  And he’s really, really relieved that Sungyeol didn’t recognize him. His face shows no sign of knowing him at all. Well, at least that will lessen his probability of seeing him at work.

 

Just when he turned to his table, a hand grabbed his arm. “Wait, you’re Nam Woohyun right? That next class smart guy that’s transform into a hot cute guy?”

 

Nam Woohyun can’t really hide his shocked face now.  And all he can do is nodded sheepishly. How can he lie to him and tell him- he’s not that Woohyun, when Sungyeol’s eyes sparks innocently in front of him.

 

It’s doomed. His life is doomed. That moment, he knows his life will be not as perfect and pretty as before. Because of this guy named Lee Sungyeol. It’s like he’s cursed whenever Sungyeol is near.

 

After all, he’s true about that. And it came quite nearly, he done pretty badly at work, clashed with his pretty girlfriend and his home loan was being hold down by bank. Lee Sungyeol really did bring a bad fortune to his life. So he tries as hard as possible to stay away from him. But they just keep bumping onto each other almost every day that’s make Woohyun fumed in anger and dissatisfaction.

 

“Woohyun! Wait! Hey, Woohyun!”

 

Woohyun walked furiously towards the exit of that building. Really, they had met once that morning, is that still not enough for Sungyeol spreading his bad luck germs. Because Woohyun really slipped and falls in the toilet right after he meet Sungyeol. Right now Woohyun just want to be at home and watching his favorite television and then go to sleep.

 

“Yah, I’m calling for you.” Sungyeol grab his shoulder.

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes and turned. “Yes, Sungyeol?”

 

“Why are you such in a bad mood? Anyway, let’s go grab a dinner. Dongwoo, Hoya and I are having some barbeque at this new restaurant. And they haven’t met you once even though we’re in the same building, so I think I wanna asked you too. Besides, Sungggyu is buying us.” Sungyeol end his last sentence by whispering near Woohyun’s ears.

 

Woohyun flinched at that. He turned and their faces are just this near. Sungyeol eyes pleads excitingly. He silenced for a half minutes, thinking a reasonable excuse for him to get out from it.

 

But Sungyeol just cannot keep his patience and just dragged Woohyun happily. “Ohhohh, no matter what’s your excuse, I’ll just drag you anyway. Hihi.”

 

At that time he really meets with one of the youngest senior manager in their company-Sunggyu, the overly happy virus-Dongwoo and the cool but obviously awkward Hoya. Also the time he really can spend his time with Sungyeol. Surprisingly they get along well in such a short time, and all their old stories come out to be laughed about. But his first love story is just being told as a plain high school crush that he never have enough courage to confess too.

 

Since that time, Woohyun hang out a lot with them. Despite his bad luck become worse whenever Sungyeol’s there, he somehow manages to absorb the bad fortune and turns it either ways. Let’s just say he succeeds to prove that he have smart brain. Well, he become better at solving problems and able to adjust whatever problem comes to him. But of course he don’t want to recognize Sungyeol’s and Sunggyu’s advice that lead him to his current states now.

 

Because of that, he let Sungyeol be beside him. He let Sungyeol become the number one on his speed-dial list. Giving it’s just for emergency case as his main excuse for doing that.

 

And he tried really damn hard to be not jealous or fumed out when Myungsoo the jerk being mention by Sungyeol. He saw all that. Sungyeol’s love for him. For Myungsoo. So he can’t do anything but root for their happiness. He becomes hopeless for Sungyeol. His heart wrenched when Sugyeol’s hurt. And he becomes double happy when seeing his sunshine smiling brightly. But Woohyun always denies a slight pang on his heart.

 

He guesses he never learns. Stupid Woohyun.

 

 

*

 

 

Woohyun rubs his face to the soft pillow. Releasing a not-so-quite-grunts. Sungyeol’s here in front of him. He’s this near to reach him. But Sungyeol seem so far away. Woohyun could feel Sungyeol’s closed heart for any love. The thing is, will he, Nam Woohyun make his move and go all out taking this advantage and making Sungyeol his life. In other words, he’s having a war with his cowardly self. He has no problem at all seducing a pretty girl as they will swoon away by his charms, but this is Sungyeol. The Lee Sungyeol.

 

“Woohyun…” There’s a soft knock from the door. Woohyun turn his head. Should he reply it or just pretends to sleep?

 

“Nam Woohyun, I know you’re still alive. Open the door please.” A quite threatening tone comes out from the other sides of door.

 

Woohyun lazily sliding form his bed and reached the doorknob. Sungyeol just let himself in comfortably and sit on his bed.

 

“Yeah? Anything? I’m at your service”. He try not to sound too sarcastic.

 

Now Sungyeol’s the one fidgeting wordlessly while playing with his fingers. Hesitating to let out his precious voice. Woohyun scratch his head frustrated. He sits beside the suddenly quiet Sungyeol.

 

“What Sungyeol? You know, I’m pretty tired today and-“

 

“Uhh… I don’t really mean anything what I said this morning.”

 

“Hmm? What you said? Which one?”

 

“I don’t know. I don’t really remember the exact words I’m saying. But you must be pretty hurt I guess.” Sungyeol looking at his feet.

 

“Uhuh, okay. So?”

 

Sungyeol looked up and meet his eyes. Blinked blankly. “So?”

 

“So what do you really meant?”

 

“Ahh, urm…” Sungyeol looks away. He’s quite nervous Woohyun can tell. And it’s damn cute. “It’s just a joke. No harm. No hard feelings kay?” Sungyeol faced him with his not-so-convinced smile.

 

“Haih, what can I do with you?” Woohyun ruffles his head.  That’s it. He loss. He’s been defeated without being in the ring.

 

Woohyun in an air of courage deeply and let it out. “Yeah, I’m kinda hurt. I maybe haven’t telling you this, but I’m in love with you. I think you already know about this before, haha.” Woohyun stopped and looked down to look Sungyeol in his eyes. “But what you didn’t know was I’ve been in love with you long before. A day before you and Myungsoo become an item. But I stepped back. Because I saw Myungsoo in your eyes.”

 

Woohyun kind of expected a shocked reaction from him. He continues “Now, I still can see his shadow in your eyes, but it keeps getting fading day by day. But, you’re making things harder if you keep being all pretty in front of me.”

 

“I’m not being-“

 

“I know, I know. But you just glow in my eyes and I can’t really be my focused self nowadays.”

 

“Woohyun, since when I glow-“

 

“I know, I know. It’s either you stop being pretty or…” Woohyun stare at his favourite doe eyes.

 

“Or just go out with me?” He smiles goofily. And it’s making Sungyeol stunned there still.

 

“I know you know this, but I’m pretty okay and have charms and aegyo. You won’t regret being with me. And plus, I’m hot I know” Wooohyun whisper his last words dangerously close to Sungyeol’s ear.

 

Woohyun pulled back and stare at Sungyeol’s disbelieved eyes. It’s quite funny with his slightly opened mouth hanging there at loos of words. Woohyun had make his decision, he’s gonna take this advantage and pulled him out from Myungsoo’s grab.

 

It may not look like it, but Nam Woohyun thinks he’ll get a heart attack with this kind of heartbeats waiting for Sungyeol’s response.