You're my downfall, You're my muse

All of Me

And Myungsoo end up doing it again. Sungyeol sighed.

 

" So what happen with Hoya after that? And Sungjong?" Woohun let his eyes wondering at his feet. He doesn't know Sungyeol faced all that before.

 

Sungyeol hug tightly the pillow on his lap close to him. They all three sitting in a circle. The clocks showing a late number for that night. Or Sungyeol could call it that morning. He rubbed slowly his old scar. He always cover it with his watch when he's out.

 

"Hoya keep saying he's sorry that I almost yelled at him to stop. It's not his fault at all. It's from my stupidity. And Sungjong..." He leer over Hoya. Asking him to continue.

 

Hoya sighed. "It turns out that Sungjong was jealous that I always beside Sungyeol. But we're with Dongwoo too for heaven's sake and he don't accept that bull excuse because Dongwoo Hyung was already with Sunggyu Hyung at that time. And his possessive self getting bigger when he know that I used to have a crush on Sungyeol before. So... practically he's getting a revenge by responding to Myungsoo's flirt. And he succeeds on that."

 

"Uhh... So... Sungjong fall for you and getting his revenge towards Sungyeol?" Woohyun eyed the person beside him.

 

"I don't know okay? And even after I know it, there's nothing that I could do other than apologize and take good care of him." Hoya gawked at him.

 

"Okay. Okay. I get it now. But how can you still end up with Jongie after all that?"

 

"Woohyun, haven't I told you that our maknae is such a nice person? After he know about my condition, he really bows and apologize to Hoya and me. And he take a good care of me while in the hospital too... Until now. He just sometimes have a diva aura. But he's a cute diva." Sungyeol patted Woohyun's calf calmly.

 

"Owhh, yeah. He always look after you even he's the younger. Maybe he's feeling guilty..." Woohyun murmured the last sentence. But of course it will not slip from Hoya's ear.

 

"What are you-?" Hoya grabbed his pajama's collar.

 

Woohyun's gulped but it doesn't stop him. "What? Am I wrong? And you.. Why are you kissing him that night?"

 

Hoya froze. Honestly he also don't really know why he's doing that. He had a little crush on Sungjong at that time. But facing a down spirited Sungyeol making him want to give his all to comfort him even just a little. And his body reacts on his own before he could think. And its such a stupid action.

 

"He must just want to comfort me Namu. It's all it the past. I don't keep it in the heart anymore. And I don't want anyone feeling guilty about anything anymore. Hoya, let him go." Sungyeol hold Hoya's hand and slowly letting it go from Woohyun.

 

"Then... I also can kiss you if I want to comfort you? Like now? Do you need me to comfort you Yeollie?" Woohyun asked the most ridiculous question Sungyeol ever heard.

 

"Wha-What? Don't make a joke out of it. Go to sleep. We have about 3 hours before morning really come." Sungyeol backs away and shifted to his place. Making sure there's enough space for Hoya in the center. He really don't need Woohyun to sleep beside him tonight.

 

"What... I can't?" Woohyun whined and murmured "And Hoya can you.." So he get two whacks on his head by a pillow that Sungyeol hold and by Hoya's knuckles. He rubbed his head with a pout that obviously ignored by both of them that goes straight to sleep. He sighed and placed his head on the soft pillow. He want to sleep but the cut scar on Sungyeol's wrist hinder him from doing so. His mind can't stop thinking about it no matter how mush he tried to shake it off.

 

What are you Myungsoo, making my Sungyeol suffer like this?

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

A shove on his shoulder brings him back to life. But his eyes just don't want to open yet. 5 minutes more. Just 5 minutes more...

 

"Ya!! Wake up all of you!!" That loud yelling makes him jumped from his futon. Eyes still closed though.

 

"Sunggyu-ya, don't jerk them up like that." He heard Dongwoo's nagging voice now. Well, he cannot call it a nagging though cause there's giggle after that.

 

Sungyeol sit still on his futon. Catching back his life with his still closed eyes. Then a hand grabbed his shoulder. Massaged it a little and give a patted on his back. He crack open his eyes. There's Hoya with a blank eyes in front of him and Woohyun that's been dragged by Sunggyu to head to bathroom first. He turned and saw a big smile from Dongwoo. He can't help but smile too with half-open eyes. Dongwoo grabbed his underarm and help him to stand. He stumble a little but heads to another bathroom anyway after catching the towel that Dongwoo throw to him.

 

After freshen up and had some simple breakfast, they all head to their office. It's Tuesday but Sungyeol feel like the last Saturday episodes happen long ago. He's sure having a long day yesterday.

 

 

*

 

 

"Sungyeol!"

 

Sungyeol's just out from the convenience store to grab a packet of ramyun for his dinner. He totally forgot about buying some groceries when he reached home and he's too lazy to go out again and stop by a supermarket late that evening. So after taking a bath, he just grab his pink hoodie and went out to the nearest convenience store.

 

Sungyeol turned to that voice. He sighed. Oh please, he just cool his heart that day. Why must he appear in front of him again? Can't he just leave him in peace? So he turned to other ways and walked fast to his house.

 

"Yeollie, wait!" A hand grabbed his arm.

 

He shrugged it off. "What now Myungsoo?"

 

"I just can't understand why you would leave me? I mean we're not together like just a year or two. We've been together since forever, since we're kids. Don't you love me?"

 

Sungyeol sighed. He hate this. A Myungsoo can totally win over him over anything. And just like his nature to buy anything Myungsoo shove him. Hoya said he's a never learned kid when it comes to Myungsoo. But not this time. He pray too though.

 

"Look Myungsoo, here's not the place to discuss this thing okay? Let's go somewhere else. And why do you need to talk here?"

 

"Cause you'll just go to Dongwoo house after this right? Or Hoya will just go to our house."

 

Sungyeol silenced. It's true though. He can't stand being alone right now so he'll just go to Dongwoo or Hoya. Not that he's not being familiar being alone because Myungsoo is just home on weekends only. But being alone after what Myungsoo did to him makes he overthinking things. Like he's not good enough for being with Myungsoo or he's just a stupid person to trust Myungsoo or just he don't have anyone else to depend after this or he must do anything by himself after this, no more Myungsoo beside him. All these thoughts scares him. So he prefer being not alone.

 

"Well, on the paper its literally your house. I'm afraid that you'll throw me out after this. I'm glad you're not doing that until now."

 

"No. Sungyeol. What do you think of me? That's our house. Our's!" Myungsoo grabbed again his arm.

 

Sungyeol looked at his feet. A brink of tears almost falling down but he it up. "Then why are you going to other's house if that is our house?" He looked up. Meeting Myungsoo's shocked eyes.

 

"You know I won't accept it. You know I will leave you if you do that. I've told you right? But still?" He continue.

 

"But it just happen. I can't just reverse things. It's not that I planned this. We just happen to meet and fall in love."

 

" that Myungsoo. You know I'll never let you marry her if you told me right?"

 

"But it's not wrong for me to get married. I had the rights to."

 

"Yeah Myungsoo, it's not wrong. Hell, you're always the correct one though. But this time I don't care who's correct or wrong, just leave me Myungsoo."

 

"Sungyeol. Please... Don't be like this." Myungsoo plead with his eyes.

 

"No. No more Myungsoo. I've had enough." He slowly pull his arm from Myungsoo's grip. What a conversation in front of convenience store. He sighed and turned away.

 

"You sure you won't regret it later?"

 

It makes Sungyeol stop from walking away. He turned and gives him a blank look.

 

"I can take that house from you. Like you said, its mine legally. You'll have no one to depends too. Your parents are too old for you to depends."

 

Sungyeol open his eyes wide. He knows that. But hearing him saying out loud like this makes it will become reality really soon . The loud thump of anxious fill his body. Looks like Myungsoo had used his last weapon.

 

"No, that's my house. We've been working like crazy saving up to buy that house. Yes, you're the main contributor. But, I'm the one that colors that house. I'm the one that cherished that house. I'm the one that always waiting for you to come back on that house." He's half-shouting already.

 

"No, it's mine. No matter what you've done, it's literally mine. How can I let you stay there if we're no longer an item?"

 

"I'll pay you. I'll buy that house from you. Just.. why the hell do you need that damned house if you're not willing to go there anymore after this?" Sungyeol's voice shakes up too much. No, that house holds too much memories. Even there's no more Myungsoo, no more presence of his warmth, he don't want to let it go just like that. He holds that house so dearly in his heart. If it's taken... if that house is ever taken from him... he will have nothing. None. Zero.

 

He don't understand a person named Myungsoo at all. What rubbish is he talking now? Keep throwing him hope and then snatched it back without warning. That house were theirs. No, it's Sungyeol's. No, it's just... His mind and sense somehow cannot cooperate together when his emotion almost takes control over his body.

 

"I can just sell it."

 

"What?" Oh god, his fist almost reached Myungsoo's cheek and gives him a hard punch. But he clenched it together that almost making his knuckles white. A fist is totally not his style at all. Teeth clenched together and his face is red from the over-bearing furious.

 

"Don't joke around Myungsoo. We breaks a lot of sweat buying that house. And you... can just simply sell it?" Sungyeol's tone at the end become lower. Suppressing his fist from reaching that handsome face so hard.

 

Myungsoo gives him a cold stare. A stare showing that he's serious. Damn, Myungsoo will really do it and Sungyeol know all that.

 

"Okay then. Like I said before, just sell it to me. Just name me the price."

 

"There will be no one named Lee Sungyeol or Kim Myungsoo will stay in that house. After this thing we called relationship between us end." Myungsoo cold voice and stares gives Sungyeol shiver all over his body. The situation where Sungyeol can totally not defeat him. No matter what.

 

"What do you say, Sungyeol? Still want to leave me?"

 

He gulped. But he still dared himself staring back at those black orbs. He have to fight back. He will take no one named Kim Myungsoo in his life anymore.

 

"Yes." Its direct and clear. The sound that coming out from Sungyeol's throat. His eyes shows he really meant it.

 

Myungsoo blinked. Absorbing Sungyeol really will leave him. Like really leave him. No longer Lee Sungyeol in his life.

 

Sungyeol clenched his fist. Absorbing Myungsoo will really gone from his life. Left him nothing behind. Including his house. Their house.

 

Myungsoo cleared his throat. "Then, I'll give you a week to move from that house."

 

Sungyeol widen his eyes. Myungsoo will really leave him. And he really have to let go that house. "O-okay. But you have to pay me half the price of that house."

 

"Okay."

 

Sungyeol feel the heartbreaking sound from him. He keep silent. His mind want to walk away but his feet seems to be stuck on the ground.

 

"You sure you won't regret this? We can really sort this thing out okay? Three of us."

 

Sungyeol snickered. "What a selfish man you are Myungsoo. Thinking only for yourself." This time Sungyeol really can bring himself to turn away and walk away from Myungsoo. He just ignore the white knuckles that he hold from before.

 

 

*

 

 

Somehow he want to be alone that night. Holding a mug of hot coffee and sitting there beside the window. It's raining tonight. The air become colder. He zipped up his hoodie reaching his lips. Tugging it down sometimes to sip on his favourite beverages that will sure keep him awake tonight. He sighed when the hot bitter drink reached his throat down.

 

Dongwoo seemed anxious when he told him that he'll staying home alone that night. He want to asked Hoya to come over but Sungyeol already said that Hoya already have a date with Sungjong and he really don't want to interrupt them. And Sungyeol smiled when he heard a victorious cheer from his phone. It must be Sunggyu. He heard a loud sighed from Dongwoo that come with a little giggle after that. And after hearing some unnecessary advice from him because he's not a kid for heaven's sake, they at last cut the call.

 

He want to cry. But he the tears up. His ego is too high. But it just make his chest hurt more. Its too suffocating. As if there's tons of bricks in his heart. It's heavy. He thunks his head on the window. He huffed his breath on the clear glass. Then his slender finger drawing a heart there. He sighed and erase it all. While rubbing off his breath trace he met his own eyes from the glass reflection.

 

He stare at it. Looking at his miserable reflection. He keep telling himself that he's strong. He can go through all this. So what if Myungsoo leave him? Or rather he leaving Myungsoo and giving him back their house? So what if he will be left with nothing? He can still earned it back. It's not like he can't work. He can totally find someone more handsome and charming than Myungsoo. It's not like he's ugly. It's not the end of the world. He have to move on. But... it hurts. And damn, the tears just stubbornly flowing down his face.

 

A doorbell jerked him up. He sweep off his tears trace with his back of hand. Putting away his coffee mug on the nearest table and walking to the door. He unlocked the door. And there's a wet drenched Woohyun shivering in cold.

 

Sungyeol froze.

 

"Hey, don't want to invite me in?"