Loves Your Curves and Your Edges

All of Me

It’s been a month now. Since that day. Yep, literally Myungsoo take back their house. His house. And he had to move out. It’s not that sad or lonely he thinks. He’s here with his beloved friends that will never leave his side no matter what. There’s Sunggyu and Hoya bickering over something at the kitchen. Maybe fighting over what should Sungjong and Dongwoo prepare for lunch. But he bet Dongwoo and Sungjong had already chosen the menu and just let the two. Sungyeol can’t help but smile while sipping his beloved coffee.

 

“What are you smiling for?” Woohyun walk towards him with a mug on his hand and at last bump his next to him.

 

“Nothing.” Sungyeol gives him his smile. The giddily happy feeling fills in his stomach.

 

“Ohhh, you better don’t flash that gummy smile to others.”

 

“What?” He gives him a face. Ohh, Nam Woohyun with his greasy self again.

 

“I said-“

 

“I heard you pabo” Sungyeol shakes his head and bringing the hot mug to his lips.

 

“A coffee is not good before lunch you know?”

 

Sungyeol perks his brows. “Hmm? Never heard of that. Where did you get that from?”

 

“Nam Woohyun’s dictionary.” Woohyun leaned over to him with a big smile.

 

“Uhh, sometimes I just feel like idiot talking with you.”

 

“But it’s true! I’ve done that before and my stomach hurts like hell. It’s from my experience you know? Don’t you think it’s a worthy knowledge that I must put in my dictionary to be shared with others?”

 

“Doesn’t it just because you have a weak stomach?” Sungyeol words makes Woohyun bite his own lips. “And doesn’t your dictionary applied solely just for you? Don’t make others believe what only you believe.”

 

“But I just concern about you.” Woohyun feel dejected and leaned to his seat back.

 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah. But don’t you think it’s not necessary? I’ve been drinking coffee since high school and no harm it do to me.”

 

“Ohh, yeah…” Woohyun nodded several times before sipping his own mug.

 

“You told me that but you still drinking that?”

 

“This is just some honey with lemon in it. Dongwoo said it’s good for health.”

 

“Really? Make me some at home okay?”

 

“O-okay” Sungyeol just can’t help but notice the red flush rising Woohyun’s cheek. So he just turned away and pretends to watch the television that’s been there without anybody paying attention to it.

 

It’s true that he accepted Woohyun’s invitation to move in with him. He just finished moving in last three days. Until now it’s just okay being a housemate with Woohyun. Minus his stupidity, greasy and annoying self, he’s a great buddy to be with. But he really doesn’t know what to do or respond if Woohyun fidgeting and blushing over anything he said or act. Just like this. It’s making him awkward. No, not the uncomfortable awkward that filled his stomach but rather an awkward lovable feeling? Could he put that sentence the right way he’s feeling right now? And he can’t help but blushing too.

 

“Hey there two lovebirds. Put down your mugs and come here have your lunch!” Sungjong yelled from the table. Making the two flushed deeper. Haishh, this maknae with his mouth.

 

 

*

 

 

“Hehe, I could really save up if we really going to work like this every day.” Sungyeol pulled his seatbelt and clacked it save.

 

“Yah, you should be the one driving. It’s your car.” Woohyun fumed while starting on the engine.

 

Sungyeol shakes his head cutely. “I’ve wanted someone driving me to work since I started having a car. Haihhh, thank you Woohyun for realizing my dreams.” He closed his eyes. Having his eyes a short nap.

 

“Yeah, just hire a driver. You’re just being a lazy bump.” Woohyun reverse Sungyeol’s car out from the apartment.

 

“Nah, I just work to make my boss richer. And I just don’t trust anybody to drive me safely.” Sungyeol talked with still closed eyes.

 

“Then I’m on the list? The one that you trust?”

 

“Yeah, duhh. Or how can I move in with you if you’re not on my list?” Sungyeol turned towards his driver. Uhh, that flushed face again.

 

“Woohyun, could you stop blushing over this thing?”

 

“I-I’m not!” Sungyeol could clearly hear him stammering.

 

“Yes you are. Want a mirror for you to check on?”

 

“Sungyeol…” He whined. “You’re making this thing hard for me.”

 

“What? Why are you blaming me?” Sungyeol make a disbelieved face. “Besides, it’s your face. How can I take control over that?”

 

“You know you have a total control over all my body.”

 

“Uhh, what are you saying, stupid!” Sungyeol didn’t expect that from Woohyun. Totally. He turned towards the bustling car from the windows. Hiding his now flushed face.

 

Woohyun just murmured to himself. “Yeah, I’m the stupid one here.” And parked his car safely at their office building.

 

He picked up his briefcase from the backseat and press the locked button after Sungyeol had walked towards the building’s lift. He stands in front of Sungyeol and press his lift button. There’s not much early-workers like them but it’s already half-full in the lift. He sighed silently. Feeling a little dejected from Sungyeol’s words. He walked out when the number shows his floor. Not forgetting flashing Sungyeol a quick smile.

 

He put down his briefcase below his table and his computer. He had known Sungyeol since when?

 

 

*

 

 

Right, since high school. But he’s the only one that noticed that flashing and charming kid from next-class. Sungyeol, Hoya and Dongwoo quite have a reputation in their high school. Being all popular and smart and loved by teachers. But he doesn’t know why his eyes fixated on the boys named Lee Sungyeol. The choding kid that’s always flashing his innocent gummy smile towards everybody.

 

Actually at first he hates him. He always gets anyone’s attention everywhere he goes. Everybody seems comfortable talking with him. What’s there in that stupid kid? Nope, Sungyeol’s not stupid. He’s above average that always two ranking higher than him in the school’s grade. He’s been study like hell and willingly become a nerd bump with a thick round glass, but still Sungyeol two ways higher than him. He’s not satisfied when all he can see is Sungyeol playing pranks and fooling around in the school too much. It’s not fair. When Sungyeol getting the good grades with that handsome face.

 

So he decided to change himself. No, he’s not doing this for the sake of that kid. He just want… some attention. Yeah, that’s it. He wants to become popular too. Nope, he’s not copying them. Totally not. So he changed the way he looks. He throws the lame thick glasses and put on the contact lens. He works out to build some muscle so any shirt would fit his body perfectly. He put down his manly ego and put on some skincare to maintain his flawless skin.

 

And he became famous instantly. That lame nerd kid is nowhere to find now. Replaced with a totally handsome and greasy guy. Girls are squealing when he passed by. But, things still the same between them. Sungyeol and him. He’s still the next-class kid minus the lame nerd look.

 

Oh no Woohyun, you’ve gone this far. You must at least make him acknowledge you. He’s not satisfied until Sungyeol at least look this way and realized there’s other than him that’s great. Realized him.  Noticed him. Woohyun want to look at that bewildered face when he noticed all that.

 

So he’s waiting for Sungyeol outside his class after school. To have some uhh… Woohyun want to call it a talk. Yeah, he want to have a talk with him. For their topic of discussion… uhh.. Oh, he could ask him about their studies. Ummm, and about their future or something since this is their last year of high school and they have another three month before graduation.

 

Okay, topics settle. Now, how he will approach him? Saying… Hi, I’m Woohyun. I’m from next class and I wanna be friends with you. No no no!!! What the-!! Well, basically from the time he changed himself and become hot, he never approaches anybody. Normally, there will be a bunch of fangirl and fanboy hit him up first. And becoming the ex-nerd-and-lame guy never teaches him how to hit up others. Faster Woohyun, you can’t let your effort of skipping half of class and abandon your math notes to be in vain like this. So ummm… Oh, he could just pretending to crash on him and handsomely and charmingly apologizes to him and saying, Oh, you’re Sungyeol right? We’ve been next to each other but never really bump into each other right? Oh, and he have to add his cute and small dimple near his wide friendly smile to complete it with.

 

Woohyun mind was busy calculating his next move and how he will perfect them while staring at the floor. And by that he missed his little Sungyeol that just went pass by him with another guy. Kim ing Myungsoo. The little fella that he unlisted from even in his acquaintance list the moment their eyes met. Well, it can’t be helped since they are in the same class. And those eyes he hates the most. Downgrading him just because he’s a nerd with thick glass.  

 

He’s this close to grab that and pushing away him from his Sungyeol. What is he, leisurely making a skinship with Sungyeol. Smiling his dimple out and making Sungyeol blush like that. He takes his first step to catch on them but stopped abruptly when seeing that face. Sungyeol face. It’s full of happiness and giggly feeling that Woohyun never saw before. A face shows of admiration and adoration towards the person walking beside him. It’s like there’s only Myungsoo in his eyes. There are only two of them in Sungyeol’s world. And Woohyun feeling left behind even he didn’t friends with them in real life.

 

So he’s taking a step. No, not catching up them. But backing away. He gulped hard and left the two of them. And at last leaned on the wall nearby his bicycle. He wants to go back, but not really want to reach his dull home. So he spaced away like that almost an hour. By the time he realized that, the school gate is nearly being closed by the school guards.

 

He dashed back home anyway. Having nowhere in mind that he really want to spend his time off. And again, he’s staring at the ceiling when his head flopped comfortably on his pillow. Thinking.

 

What the hell he’s been doing all this for?

 

Being handsome and all. Building up his image. What’s his purpose and aim at first? To make Sungyeol recognize him. Yes, it is. But, why he’s backing away when seeing him with Myungsoo? It has, totally no relationship with his plan of making Sungyeol noticed how great Nam Woohyun is. So why? Did his purpose and plan changed? From this to what? The thing that making his head spinning like crazy is how the hell he doesn’t even know when his plan changed at all?

 

He turned sideways, staring at his Gundam figure that he treasured well. He’s been saving up like crazy to buy that thing. Willing to work part time for that. To the extent of not eating at all at school. Well, the thing is he’s willing to do anything to get whatever he wants. As long as he likes it, the money, the sacrifices, are worth it.

 

Woohyun abruptly stand up. There’s something tickling his mind. Wait, what is it? He’s getting the answer but the right word is not coming up his mind. Okay, let’s organized the problem. He want to make Sungyeol noticed him. He wants Sungyeol to admit defeat under him of how great he is. Then when that () Myungsoo came up, he backs away. When he recalled that memory, there’s tingling feels rising up his hear. It burns and making his chest felt tight. It’s not making sense he know, but that’s what he’s feeling back there. What’s that? Anger? Hatred? Dejected? Feeling left behind? Jealousy?

 

Wait, is he… in love with Sungyeol?

 

He turned and faced the long mirror across him. Looking at his disbelieved face. What the-? Woohyun feels his ear and face become warm and there’s an obvious red colours his face when he look his reflected self. So he throws himself at the bed and covers himself up. Flailing all his limbs from embarrassment. Ummaaaaaaaa, I feel like an idiot right now!!!!

 

When he enters the school gate next morning, he walked with a determination from what he had made up his mind last night. After shrieking and whining aimlessly for half an hour, he made a new plan of what he should do after this. That is… to either confess if Sungyeol is not taken by anybody or just buried his little crush in his drawer if he ever taken. But first he has to get some information about his subject of love. (And Woohyun blushed a little when saying that ‘love’ sentence in his mind).

 

“Hey, Yeolna. I wanna ask you something.” He started the conversation with his number one fangirl.

 

“Yes, Hyun-ah. Anything for you.” He smiled a little when that girl’s eyes sparkles a little too much. It’s gonna be easy.

 

“You know Sungyeol? The kid from the next class?”

 

“What? You heard that already? Uhh, I thought I’m one of the early bird when it comes to information like this.” Woohyun a little bewildered at the girl’s remarks. Heard? Heard what about Sungyeol? But he doesn’t want to show he doesn’t know anything.

 

“Yeah… Uhh, kind of heard it from the girls outside. But not really in details. So what actually happen?”

 

“Just that soo many girls crying right now because two hot guys in our school were taken. And nobody can really argue back because they complement each other too well.” Woohyun gulped. There’s a sign of bad news coming up.

 

“By each other you meant…?” He tries to keep his composure.

 

“Duhh, Sungyeol and Myungsoo of course! It’s official now. And they just met yesterday. I can’t even believe it! But love has no borders. So yeah.” The girl just shrugs.

 

Woohyun gulped. He feels like sand go through his throat when he do that. So he gulped again, to eliminate the sandy feeling. But it’s still there. He needs a toilet. He wants to gargle his mouth clean. Where does the sand come from?

 

But he bumped into someone when he’s out from the class. It’s Sungyeol. And Myungsoo.

 

“Uhh, sorry. Are you okay?” Sungyeol eyed him with concern. The first time their eyes ever meet.

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry too.” He faced down to avoid him noticed how wreck he feel right now.

 

“You okay Woohyun?” Myungsoo ask.

 

“Ehh, Woohyun? Nam Woohyun? That smart Woohyun? Wao, you look different now!”

 

“Rather, that hardworking-nerd Woohyun.”

 

Sungyeol punch Myungsoo on the shoulder softly. “He’s not nerd right now. Look, he’s all cute and handsome.” He argues.

 

“Uhh, thank you. But, I need to go now.” Woohyun feet feels too hot standing there in front of them. He wants to get out from them badly.

 

“Yeah, see you later Woohyun.” Sungyeol smiles. But it just makes his heart clenched tighter than before and he bolted out from there immediately.

 

He don’t know love can hurt him this much.