Market people, stop

The Wallflower

School is already coming soon and the five boys in the mansion already have their thoughts about the things they want to do when school comes. Time passes quickly so they ended up preparing themselves for the upcoming school year the rest of the week.Things doesn't change that much, Kyungsoo still prefers to be alone in his room, though he goes out and prepares food for all of them during eating hours, in which the other four are more than thankful.

 

It's a Sunday morning and the four boys finds themselves spending their time inside the mansion, particularly on the living room. 

 

"I wonder what that school is like." Chanyeol tells them sitting on the sofa with his legs crossed.

 

"From what I've heard, there's a lot of clubs there‼" Luhan tells them excitedly, "I think I'm going to go join the soccer club, that would be fun."  he nods.

 

"You play soccer?" Sehun from reading book turns his attention to Luhan.

 

"Yep, I used to be in our school's soccer team." Luhan beams at him, " what about you Sehun? Are you joining any clubs? "

 

Sehun shakes his head, " I don't think so."

 

" Hey guys..." Jongin starts.

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"...we should get a job."

 

Pregnant silence.

 

"...right." Luhan nods and then pouts. " I called my dad, he told me that I don't need to worry about school fees, but he says that Joonmyeon won't accept money from him when it comes to payment for my rent. Joonmyeon warned him that if he does , he'll fire my dad from the company." he whines " soooo unfair‼"

 

"Called my father too, he told me that Joonmyun phoned him saying that he will end his contract with my father if he ever give me money, not only that he also warned my dad that he will end our company too." Chanyeol sighs.

 

" Well... my father just told me that Joonmyun said that I prefer to pay the rent on my own. That I told him that I'm already a grown up and that I wanted to learn how to be an independent person. And my father told me that he understands me. I don't know whats is worse, to be honest. Having to scare your father, or lying to my father about my decisions in life." Sehun tells them.

 

"Scares of course." Jongin snickers while lying on the other sofa.

 

"What about you, Jongin?" Luhan asks.

 

"Nah, my parents doesn't care." 

 

Luhan, Sehun and Chanyeol turn to look at each other, and then silence occurs. Jongin sit straight up and then stares at them.

 

"I ran away from home if you guys are curious."

 

"..oh." Luhan says, unable to say anything. The other two stayed quiet.

 

Jongin laughs, " why are you guys looking at me like that?"

 

"Where did Joonmyun found you?" Sehun questions him.

 

"Street on his way here, I was just sitting there thinking about life and then there's this unusual car that stops in front of me. I was about to run because what if they we're people running ion or mafia or whatever. But then Joonmyun stepped out and then raised an eyebrow at me. He eyed me for a while and then asked me if I need a place to stay. I told him yeah, and then he told me he has a place to rent. Imagine my shock when he brought me here inside his mansion. He told me not to worry, because I will live with three guys and the payment would be divided. And here I am." Jongin opens his arms, eyes looking straight at Sehun.

 

"..well Joonmyun must like surprises, right?" Chanyeol says awkwardly smiling.

 

Before things get a lot more awkward, sound of footsteps coming down the stairs interupts them. They saw Kyungsoo, he still looks pale but he looks a little better. His fashion is still... inexplicable, he's holding an umbrella. When he's already downstairs, he look downwards and then walks stiffly and awkwardly towards the door.

 

"...You're going out Kyungie?" Luhan asks him, after a week of silently eyeing Kyungsoo he somehow came up with just calling him Kyungie. Luhan likes his nickname for Kyungsoo, and the Chanyeol seems to like it too and started to call him with his new nickname. If Kyungsoo is happy or not with his new nickname, he doesn't say anything.

 

Kyungsoo nods. "... going to market." By that he opens the doors of the mansion and then left.

 

"Now that I think about it, we haven't really bought groceries." Sehun says after he saw Kyungsoo close the door.

 

"Should we..." Luhan meets their eyes " follow him?"

 

---

Kyungsoo is very much glad that the weather is not too sunny, he feels like he will melt if that's the case. He's had enough at the mansion, he doesn't need any rays of sunlight anymore. The sky is cloudy and the sidewalks are kind of wet. It is the first time that he went out of that mansion and he would admit that it's nice to breath some fresh air, but that doesn't mean that he would exchange outside world to his bedroom of course.

 

He's also happy to leave the house, because that means there will be no dazzling beings that would surround him. He'd rather die in darkness than being tortured to death by the blinding creatures. Even though he enjoys cooking for them, because they look the most happy when eating his food yes kyungsoo likes to watch them in a corner. But Kyungsoo is also thankful that the males does not interfere that much and lets him alone in his bedroom, they would call him sometimes if it is dinner, telling Kyungsoo that it is okay to go downstairs and join them in which Kyungsoo politely declines. But one night, Chanyeol knocks on his door, together with Jongin telling him that they are going to prepare everything regarding school, and asking Kyungsoo if he wants to do it with them in which again, Kyungsoo declines. 

 

He doesn't need to do anything since his father already done everything that is needed to do. All Kyungsoo needs is to go to school, and that is when Kyungsoo realize that they don't have enough food in the fridge, and so he told himself to go to the market.

 

Which is why Kyungsoo is happily humming some tune while looking through shops.

Kyungsoo doesn't notice the stares the other people are giving him.

 

He steps inside a meat shop and asks the ahjussi selling if the meat there is good, even though weirded by Kyungsoo the ahjussi tells him that his meat are the best ones in the market. Kyungsoo inspects his meat and nods to himself buying in which he thinks enough for the five of them. Kyungsoo bids goodbye and then goes to another shop, wherein it sells vegetables, the routine goes on.

 

"Mama is that hyung a ghost?" A boy asks his mother when he saw Kyungsoo. The mother immediately holds his son tightly and scampers away mumbling things about why are people like that allowed to be in the market. Not looking at her way, she bumps onto someone. When she looks up, she is about to tell the person to look where he is going but then when she saw who is in front of her she chose not to say anything instead she gapes.

 

"Sorry." Jongin tells her and then walks away, fighting his urge to curse at the women because he heard what she's mumbling about, the other three tailing him.

 

People now in hush whispers are staring at the four males, it is unusual for people as good looking as them to come in a dirty and stinky market.

 

"Are they idols?"

 

"Are they filming?"

 

"Let's take a picture‼"

 

People surrounds Jongin, Sehun, Chanyeol and Luhan in an instant making them lose their eyes on Kyungsoo.

 

"Uhm guys...." Sehun starts feeling terrified by the amout of people surrounding them his energy, he thinks maybe this is what Kyungsoo feels everytime they corner him.

 

"Aww man, we lost Kyungie." Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows, but then composes himself. "I can handle this, let me take care of this, gentleman."

 

Chanyeol steps forward, " Ladies and gentlemen if you'll excuse us, we really need to go and you're all blocking our way." he smiles.

 

People screams and starts to take more pictures of them.

 

"Right. I can handle this he said. Let me take care of this he said." Jongin blanky mocks Chanyeol.

 

Luhan shakes his head and whispers to Sehun's ear. "What are we gonna do?"

 

People seem to notice it and then instantly they pulled Sehun and Luhan away from Chanyeol and Jongin and starts asking questions.

 

"Are you brothers?"

 

"You guys are so cute."

 

"Oh, I think these little kids are together‼ Haven't you seen the cute one kissing the taller one?"

 

By that Sehun and Luhan jumps away from each other while blushing, making people coo on them. Jongin seems ticked off because he saw Kyungsoo from the corner of his eye already walking his way home.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo ignores the huge crowd he just passed by, he thinks there is a shop selling things on sale, that's why. He carefully holds the food he just bought, he plans on cooking a lot more today. When he reach the mansion he silently opened the door so he can silently walk his way to the kitchen without anyone noticing it, but to his surprise there is no one in the house. Kyungsoo's happiness can't be explained, maybe they went out to play sports or shop themselves. Kyungsoo goes to the kitchen and starts doing his dishes.

 

---

 

Breathless Luhan hugs the post beside him. 

 

"I WOULD ING REPORT THEM FOR UALLY HARASSING ME." Sehun shouts, hands on his shoulders massaging them.

 

It took Luhan's shouts of pleas, Jongin's fist, Chanyeol's charm and Sehun's calming methods for them to scamper away from the crowd. They ran when they got the chance to escape, feeling like they need it to save their lives, which is half true.

 

But Sehun is obviously not calm right now.

 

"Told you to just punch them on the face." Jongin says both hands on his waist.

 

"I'm not going to go back there anymore." Luhan says hugging the post even more.

 

"Let Kyungsoo do the job. Why do we even ing think he needs us anyway?" Chanyeol says his already touching the ground, in which in normal days Chanyeol would most likely not.

 

"Lets go home for proper rest." Jongin suggests.

 

They drag themselves home because they are really exhausted, it feels like they ran a marathon and all they want now is to go home and rest. After what felt like years, they arrives and what greets them is utterly surprsing.

 

Kyungsoo made a feast.

 

Kyungsoo seems unaware of them arriving that's why he jumps when he saw them. He squeaks a welcome home and then returns to the kitchen. The four of them stares at the food in front of them and then one by one let themselves follow the aroma coming from the food. Once they are all seated, Kyungsoo comes back holding the last dish.

 

"Uhm.." Kyungsoo starts, " I made food now, so you can all eat." Kyungsoo stares at them because they look exhausted but he didn't say anything.

 

"I'll go to my room now.." Kyungsoo bows.

 

"Kyungsoo.." Jongin holds his wrist.

 

Kyungsoo stiffens and asks Jongin. "..why?" he looks up and then meets four pairs of eyes looking at him as if they we're about to cry. Kyungsoo again squeaks.

 

The four blinks at him and then without any warning scampers towards Kyungsoo to hug him. Kyungsoo can't breath by how tight they're hugging him, but that is not what Kyungsoo is worried about. They are all..hugging him, the dazzling males are hugging him and everything is too bright and are those roses Kyungsoo is seeing?

 

"Kyungie you're an angel." Chanyeol sobs.

 

"UWAAAA KYUNGIE, LUHANNIE LOVES YOOUUU."

 

"Kyungsoo I'm going to call you hyung now." Sehun declares.

 

"Kyungsoo thank you for the food." Jongin cries.

 

Kyungsoo can't figure out why they are hugging him all of a sudden but he can't take it anymore so..

 

*splat*

 

----------

school tomorrow.

noooooooooooooooo.

>o<

Thank you for subbing‼ <333 Comments are appreciated :"3