Byun Baekhyun the school guide

The Wallflower

"So as you can see, everyone is really giddy and super cray-cray when they see students who are really nice to look at." Baekhyun nods at them while guiding them and pointing different places in the school which for him may be important for them to know. "like yeah, it's not a thing here that those students," he stops and then glances at the back, the same goes to the five transfers, only to find out that still they are being followed by a bunch of school girls taking pictures."... are following you everywhere."

 

"Can I just transfer school?" Luhan murmurs to himself.

 

"I'll go with you." Sehun nods at him.

 

"Aww, that's sweet. You two really love each other. Oh how I wish I have someone with me right now." Baekhyun eyes them with what they think is admiration and fondness, making them blush.

 

"But--" Sehun tries to enlighten Baekhyun and tell him that no, they are not together to begin with, so there's no reason for Baekhyun to look at them like that. And second of all, he is sure that even if he likes Luhan, the other won't even like him because he thinks that Sehun is a complete introverted jerk. So, no. Just a big no. But even before he can do that, Baekhyun ushers them to walk forward and tour them again.

 

Baekhyun tours them as if he is a professional tour guide, which is really cool in Luhan's opinion as well as Kyungsoo's. But Kyungsoo always shivers when he hear the flashes of cameras and the whispers of the girls behind their back. He can't do anything because if he ran, Jongin would probably grab him and drag him. And it's not as if he's strong enough to escape because there is Baekhyun and Baekhyun gives a very huge amout of light that Kyungsoo's eyes can't take. He's already improved, he thinks because he's still  breathing and able to walk in Baekhyun's presence.

 

"Could you please stop and mind your own business?" Baekhyun stops and glares at the girls following them. He puts a hand into his hips, gesturing that he is very tired of their tactics."Would you guys give me a break?"

 

The girls squeaks at this and runs as if there is a monster trying to catch them. With this Baekhyun sighs in relief.

 

"Do you have to be rude to them?" Chanyeol questions Baekhyun. He's been very quiet even from the start and this is the first time he speaks to them, well from Baekhyun. 

 

"Well they're being annoying and can't you see your friend here is already shivering?" He points at Kyungsoo, who's waiting for Jongin to get the tissues in his bag. A blood is on the verge of falling, and Kyungsoo winces when Baekhyun turns to him. Chanyeol saw this and coughs.

 

"Well you could ask them nicely." crossing his arms he avoids Baekhyun's eyes.

 

"Well why did you not ask them nicely?" Baekhyun laughs, "or maybe you actually enjoyed being followed around by a bunch of school girls, which I won't really be surprised if you did."

 

Chanyeol gasps, "I DID NOT."

 

"Yes you did." Jongin hands the tissues to Kyungsoo, looking at Chanyeol with the uttermost seriousness.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen at this, Luhan giggles and Sehun looks like he's trying not to show a smile. Chanyeol glares at them and then they stop, he then peers at Jongin with great passion. "You traitor."

 

Jongin smirks, "Oh c'mon Yeol, why are you like that to Baekhyun. He's helping us to get away with them. You should be thankful to him, and besides if it wasn't him telling them to go, they might end up having bruises all over their faces." he raises his fist at this.

 

Chanyeol turns his head away, refusing to look at any of them and does not speak anymore. Sehun and Luhan exchange glances and then shrugs, Baekhyun clears his throat and then smiles again.

 

"Well, the real reason why I sent them away is for this." His smile widens as he leads them to a place a lot more isolated from the rest. The place is full of green grass and trees, a butterfly garden at the side and four benches whose aligned together, leaves from the trees resting on it. The air is fresh and it is very silent, Kyungsoo might've regain some strength from this because the blood falling from his nose stops. 

 

"Wow." Luhan says, walking in front of them, admiring the picturesque scenery."This place is great."

 

Baekhyun goes to the nearby bench, he dusts of the fallen leaves and then sits, smiling at them. "I don't want them finding out this place. This place is where I go when I needed peace and well sometimes just to think about things. And I want to share this place with you, because you guys are my friends now." 

 

"Who agreed to be your friend?" Chanyeol raises his eyebrow, making his point clear that he did not agree to this.

 

"Oh.." Baekhyun's smile fades and he looks glum and then hides his face, staring at the ground. "I'm sorry I-- I thought--"

 

"You're our friend." Someone holds his hands, he didn't expect to see that it is Kyungsoo. The boy looks like he's very sure of his answer and Baekhyun didn't know what to feel. Because this is the first time someone did this to him, and thought of him as a friend. He wants to cry, but he wouldn't want them to see that he's weak so he decides that it will be more okay if he smiles. 

 

"Well, thank you Kyungsoo. This is the first time someone told me that I'm their friend." Baekhyun holds Kyungsoo's hands tighter, and then hugs him. 

 

Jongin turns to Chanyeol and gives him a look. A look of 'have you found your conscience?' look. Luhan watches Baekhyun hugging Kyungsoo and can't help but feel touched. He's so happy that Kyungsoo gained another friend, and he's also happy to accept Baekhyun into their group. And so he does what he thinks is right to do at a time like this. He walks up to them, taps the two and then smiles at them, joining them for a group hug.

 

Sehun strides near them and then takes a picture, forgetting to turn off his flash, making them stop hugging and then look up to him. Sehun smiles sheepishly, "sorry, we just need to capture this very moment, Baekhyun joining our brotherhood." 

 

Baekhyun's eyes starts to water but Jongin prevents him. "Ah ah, there's no crying during happy moments. You'll ruin it." 

 

Smiling Baekhyun nods at him and wipes his eyes to remove the tears that's threatining to fall. "Thank you, guys."

 

"You're welcome." Luhan nudges him, "I hope you get the pun." he winks.

 

"GROUP HUUUUUG!" Baekhyun laughs and then streches his arms so that Jongin and Sehun can join their little circle of hugs. The two joined them and they all laugh but then there's a cough that's heard.

 

Baekhyun eyes Chanyeol, but his smile is not leaving his face, "you can join you know? I'm not taking your friends away from you if that's what you think."

 

Chanyeol meets his eyes, but there's really no emotion that could be seen from it, but then he takes a deep breath and then scowls at him. "Just because they like you doesn't mean I'll like you too." he says, "but well... I'm a nice person so maybe I could give you a chance." he shrugs and then walks up to them.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes but then lets Chanyeol join their group hug. Everyone we're squished together but they paid no mind because this is a start of a new chapter in their life, and no one can ruin it.

 

"Uhmm.."

 

Except for Kyungsoo of course.

 

*splat*

 

"Oh, Kyungsoo you could've asked for tissues." Jongin says, scowling at his uniform, which is already tainted with blood.

 

"I--couldn't..too bright." Kyungsoo lies on the ground covering his nose.

 

"Is he always like this?" Baekhyun asks.

 

"He is." Luhan nods, his uniform also filled with blood. "But you'll get used to it."

 

"Oh, I would have to." Baekhyun laughs as Kyungsoo splutters another batch of nosebleeds.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say hi to Baekkie!!