New Year's Eve

Love

Tittle: New Year's Eve

Genre: random, romance (I guess)

Word count: 1,400

 

 

 

Hyukjae had scarcely put the last dish on the dining table when he heard his mobile phone ring. He looked at the dialer and smiled sweetly. It was no one else but Kyuhyun, his husband.

 

“Baby, everything is ready. Just waiting for you to be home” He chirped happily.

 

There was a pause before he heard the other line sigh. “Listen, baby, I’m sorry. There is a last-minute problem to the previous contract and we have to stay on for meeting. I can’t go home right away”

 

“Oh… b-but it is New Year’s Eve. Couldn’t you put off the meeting?” Hyukjae bit his lip, clearly not wanting to let his husband work overtime at this special time of the year.

 

“I’m really sorry, baby. It is not only about me, this meeting is too important to be postponed” Hyukjae nodded, fully aware that there were thousands of employees under his husband’s hand. If this problem couldn’t be solved quickly, many people would be affected.

 

“Hmm, so how long is it going to take?” Hyukjae asked, eyes looking at the good-looking meal he had just prepared on the table.

 

“I don’t know, maybe hours, I can’t really say” He heard his husband sigh again “But I will rush home as soon as it is over, baby, I promise”

 

Hyukjae chuckled a little to see how hurried the other was. “Ah, have you eaten yet?” His voice was full of concern.

 

“I don’t have time. I will have dinner with you at home later” Right after Kyuhyun had finished the sentence, Hyukjae heard someone ask him to get ready for the meeting. 

 

“Maybe you should get going now. Hope everything will be alright. Come home as soon as you can. I’ll be waiting. I love you” He added quickly.

 

“Okay, I love you, too, Hyukkie. I’ll end now”

 

Putting the phone back into his pocket, Hyukjae sighed for himself then looked around his house and decided to clean it in order to kill the time. It was not that their house was dirty, but Hyukjae just loved everything neat and clean.

.

.

.

.

Hyukjae glanced at the clock on the wall then checked the phone in his hand. It was past 11 p.m and he still hadn’t got any calls or messages from the other. The meeting probably hadn’t finished yet. He thought for a while then stood up from the sofa he was currently sitting on and went to the kitchen, carefully wrapping all the dishes and putting them into the fridge. Then he took on a big warm coat and went out. He was not going to wait any more.

 

 

 

After a long discussion, finally they had reached an agreement and everything had become fine. Kyuhyun smiled contentedly then stood up and politely shook hands with the partners from the other company. After that, he looked around and thanked his junior managers for their hard work. When everything was finished and Kyuhyun eventually had the chance to take a glance at his watch, it was already 11:50.

 

Kyuhyun had no idea it was this late. He panicked and checked for any messages and missed calls but there were none. Hyukjae was probably waiting for him at home. He quickly rushed to his office to collect his things and decided to drive home immediately.

 

But when arriving at his office, he was surprised to see his wife sitting there, playing with the musical snow globe on his desk.

 

“Hyukkie” He left all the paper he had carried on the table and joined the smaller on the sofa, giving him a peck on his cheek “How long have you been here?”

 

“About twenty minutes, I guess” Hyukjae answered, smiling softly when putting some of the taller’s locks into the other side in a loving manner. “Did the meeting go well?”

 

“Yes, it was fine” and Kyuhyun planted a kiss on Hyukjae’s forehead. “You came here to check if it‘s fine?”

 

“I… I just want to spend our first New Year’s Eve with you, as man and wife” Hyukjae said then hid his face in Kyuhyun’s broad chest, apparently not wanting the other to see him blush.

 

But Kyuhyun knew better and he his back gently when smiling in satisfaction. “I want it, too. Would you like to see the firework?”

 

“Yes” Hyukjae immediately raised his head, eyes staring at the other with excitement but then sadly looked down and once again fell into the other’s hug “But it’s late, I don’t think we can make it to the stadium”

 

“We can still watch it from the top floor” Kyuhyun smiled some more before pulling his wife up “Come on, let’s go”

 

 

“Did the securities let you in with any difficulties? Did any of them fail to recognize you?” It was in the lift that the question popped up in Kyuhyun’s mind. Hyukjae hadn’t come to his company for quite a long time as he was afraid that people would think of Kyuhyun as a henpecked man if he came too often.

 

“No, it was fine, don’t worry” Hyukjae said then kept his head low, playing with his shirt’s hem. But from his pair of red ears, Kyuhyun knew that something was not right.

 

“Then why are you blushing like that?” Kyuhyun asked, wanting to tease the other, making the smaller look away to avoid eye contact. But when Kyuhyun confined him between his body and the corner of the lift, he had to give in.

 

“I-It… Mhm, they called me Mrs. Cho”

 

Kyuhyun was about to continue his teasing when the ‘ting’ emerged and the lift opened. Hyukjae took advantage of the moment and quickly storm out of it to see the extensive top floor. Kyuhyun chuckled for himself as he, too, walked out of the lift. His wife was too thin-skinned. ‘But he is cute’ He quickly added in his mind. 

 

Both of them sat on the bench and started to have small conversations in the mean time. But they didn’t have to wait long until they heard cheering and a loud sound of explosion. The firework had just begun.

 

“Happy New Year, Kyunie” Kyuhyun heard the other’s melodic voice so he turned round only to find Hyukjae’s doe eyes staring deeply at his. The colorful lights of the firework reflected on his face made him look like a glowing angel in the middle of the night. At that moment in time, Kyuhyun found his heart skip a beat – Hyukjae, his Hyukjae, was flawless.

 

“Happy New Year, Hyukkie” responded Kyuhyun before leaning over to give his wife a passionate kiss. Just like the firework in front of them, the moment their lips met, he felt like exploding in sweetness. It was as if all his teenage aspiration had just vehemently come back and he was once again full of energy and vitality. Everything was perfect.

 

The firework lasted for 15 minutes and every time Kyuhyun pulled apart to let the smaller catch his breath, he just wanted to start all over again. Even he himself didn’t know Hyukjae with his plump lips that were gleaming with his own saliva and his throbbing from painting could have such effect on him, making him give away kiss after kiss.

 

When the firework was over and they were back engulfed with silence, Kyuhyun finally let those precious lips go and pulled his wife into a bear hug instead. Hyukjae was completely leaning against him, unable to find the strength to stand up straight. 

 

Both were still panting hard when suddenly Hyukjae’s tummy growled, causing Kyuhyun to giggle non-stop because of his wife’s cuteness. Hyukjae, on the other side, was too embarrassed to do anything but throw light punches at the former.

 

“You haven’t eaten yet, have you?” Kyuhyun, after some time controlling his laugh, managed to gain his composure back and asked out of concern. In fact, Hyukjae’s tummy had just reminded him that he hadn’t had dinner, either. “Neither have I, let’s go home for dinner, Hyukkie”

 

During the small trip to home, Hyukjae couldn’t hide his smile. Their first ever New Year’s Eve as man and wife was not exactly as he planned – to have dinner together under the majestic light of the candles in their cozy house – but this kind of celebration was not bad at all. Just having Kyuhyun beside him made the whole thing incredibly perfect.

 

 

---------------------

 

Kekee, hey guys, I am back!! Still alive from the tons of exercises and exams

This shot was inspired by the time I watched the firework with my parents not long ago. It felt so amazing that I just wanted to explode in contentment and I really wish to kiss my boyfriend in front of a firework (of course when I have one) ♪( ´▽`)

Anyway, Happy New Year, everyone! I really hope that 2015 will be awesome and there will be a lot more KyuHyuk's moments! Hehe