Power Cut

Love

 

Tittle: Power cut

Author: Bon

Word count: 1,035

 


 

 

Hyukjae stood in front of his boyfriend’s room, frowning. He had just arrived at their dorm from his super tight schedule, wanting the taller to show him some kind of affection and comfort him. But what welcomed him home was the dark and emptiness – No one was in the living room and the lights were not even . Some might think that at this time, 0:36 a.m. to be exact, his boyfriend had already gone to sleep but due to the continual bellows of laughter and the sound of Starcraft’s background music, he knew perfectly that he had not.

 

Stupid boyfriend.

 

Knowing he came home late but still paid no attention to welcome him back.

 

They even fell out a few days ago. To be honest, till now, Hyukjae had already forgotten the exact reason why he was mad at the other in the first place, but it must have been because of some careless and remiss act of the man, just like any other fights they had had before. Kyuhyun apologized him afterwards, from which he found no sincerity at all and he refused to make up. But the thing was, the taller didn’t even try to apologize again, he just let it be and it really got on Hyukjae’s sensitive nerves.

 

Wasn’t it the perfect time for Kyuhyun to make it up now? He could have sat in the living room, waiting for him and preparing some beverages that he knew that he liked. But no, he stayed in his room, playing that game like nothing had happened.

 

Pursing his lips out of irritation, Hyukjae glared at the closed door as if he could pierce through it and also pierce anything as well as anyone inside before turning away and heading to his own room. He was exhausted and all that he wanted right then was a cool relaxing shower to ignore this remarkably hot summer, not a talk with an insensitive boyfriend, which certainly would lead to nothing at all.

 

 

 

Hyukjae was awaken, not by anyone or anything, but the heat. He could not feel the familiar coolness of his precious air conditioner. He tried to open his eyes but it was pitch-black. And one thing immediately hit his mind – power cut.

 

“Great”

 

Hyukjae murmured. It had happened before and tonight was the third consecutive night that the dorm got power cut. Turning on the flash light of his cellphone, he got off his loving bed, opened the blind and the windows to make his room airy then looked for the electricity-stored fan that had been regarded his number two precious baby these days.

 

He happily the fan, enjoying the cooling wind from it, only to powerlessly see it stop working three minutes later.

 

It was out of electricity.

 

Apparently, he forgot to charge it after using the last two nights.

 

“Urgggg…” Hyukjae stuck out his hair, groaning disapproved of himself and falling back onto his bed.

 

An idea crossed his mind. Should he go to Kyuhyun’s room since the taller might have something to cool up? But they hadn’t made up yet, had they? If he went to his room then, wouldn’t it mean he had already forgiven him, which was terribly not true because he still had not?

 

Hyukjae shook his head slightly to get the idea out of his mind. He would stay here. If not moving, he wouldn’t feel hot, right?

 

He kept his eyes shut, trying to imagine himself lying on an oasis, under a huge umbrella, hands holding a glass of delicious strawberry smoothie. He smiled as he saw Kyuhyun standing next to him, big fat drops of sweat falling from his forehead to his cheeks. But the other could not wipe them away since he was fanning him, with all his respect.

 

“Faster” Hyukjae demanded, nodding when Kyuhyun tried hard with his work and feeling the wind blowing.

 

Wow, this feeling was so nice and … real (?)

 

Indeed, he was feeling cooler.

 

He cracked his eyes open and thanks to the moonlight from the window, he could see Kyuhyun’s sleepy face inches away from him.

 

The other was sitting with his chin propped up in one hand while the other hand was fanning stably with a paper fan, which was printed with his picture. It must be a gift from their fans, he thought.

 

But what’s more, the sight of his boyfriend kneeling beside his bed and trying to cooling him made his little heart melted.

 

A little act but enough to show him that he was cared and loved.

 

It was so sweet and thoughtful of his boyfriend.

 

Hyukjae almost forgot about their previous fight when he shook the sleeping man gently. “Kyu…”

 

The taller awoken and immediately leaned over, not getting completely out of his sleepy state yet. “Baby, are you still feeling hot?”

 

“No. But why are you here?”

 

“I came to check you. I was afraid you would feel so hot that you could not sleep well. Luckily you had your electricity-stored fan but your fan didn’t work tonight so I stayed to fan for you” Kyuhyun smiled while caressing the smaller’s bang.

 

“Oh, Kyu” Hyukjae reached out to give his boyfriend a tight embrace, showering him with kisses because he was truly touched by his act.

 

Later that night, the two lovers merrily hugged each other to sleep because fortunately, the power was back after several minutes. Both males were smiling contentedly in their sleep and the quarrel long long forgotten.

 

 

 

– A week later –

 

“Oh my god, Kyuhyun, I can’t believe that I fell in love with a careless and insensitive boyfriend like you. It is the hundredth time you’ve refused to go out with me to play that stupid game of yours already… I-I don’t think I can put up with you anymore!” Hyukjae cried and stomped out of the dorm, leaving his boyfriend behind.

 

“I screw it up again” Kyuhyun scolded himself then ran a hand into his already messy hair and picked his phone up, making a phone call. “Hyung, turn off the power in our dorm tonight like the last time… And yes, he is mad at me again…”

 


 

A/N: Inspired by the fact that my house has got power cuts repeatedly the past few days huhu

I didn't get enough sleep and my mind may not function well right now :cry:

Holy electricity, and I'm trying to post this while I still have the internet...