The Sea

Love

Tittle: Sea

Rating: General

Genre: angst, mpreg.

Length: Oneshot

 

 

 

Hyukjae took small steps on the long quiet coast. It was past four in the morning and everyone was probably enjoying their deep sleep so there was a stunned silence except for the sound of the swash. He took a deep breath of the morning beach and quietly walked to the cliff that he had been extremely familiar to since the day he was born.

 

He sat down and took a look at the slightly glowing surrounding. The sun was going to rise soon, he thought as he saw the waves hit the coast constantly but gently. It was so peaceful and it resembled the scene seven years ago so much that he started to feel his heart throbbing painfully…

 

 

“Hyukkie, wait for me. Half a month and when I’m back, we will get married” The brunette his hair gently and smiled, eyes looking full of love.

 

He smiled brightly and nodded his head out of excitement. Their wedding, he couldn’t wait for it. To finally declare this wonderful man standing in front of him his husband, to finally belong to him and only him, to start a new family together.

 

“Kyu, take care of yourself. Catch lots of fish and come back here safe and sound” He said, tiptoeing a little to lock their lips together in a long loving kiss. After giving the smaller a decisive nod, the brunette climbed on the boat, ready to set off another voyage to the immense sea.

 

As for coastal villagers like them, voyages are something truly common. Once in a month or two, the men of the village had to go to the sea for fishing. Hyukjae couldn’t count how many voyages the brunette had been through but every time the other left, he still wanted to see him off and wish him the best.

 

Hyukjae stood still to watch the boat until it became a little dot on the vast blue sea. It was just an usual voyage and Kyuhyun would come back really soon, he thought, smiling softly.

 

But it was not…

 

And the other, he couldn’t come back, either…

 

Hyukjae thought his heart had stopped beating the moment he was informed that Kyuhyun was dead.

 

It was a stormy day on the sea and their boat was damaged heavily as it hit the reef. When other villagers found out, there were only pieces of the boat left. Among six men on the boat including Kyuhyun, only two bodies were found and no one else was seen alive. They were probably drifted to farther parts by the waves and became exhausted due to long hours struggling with the storm.

 

There was no chance of them surviving under that extreme condition.

 

Hyukjae knew it well but the truth was too cruel for him to accept.

 

One tear, two tears, and many more fell down, hitting the hard rock.

Hyukjae didn’t know when his eyes were full of tears and they started to flow endlessly.

 

Today was exactly seven years later from the day Kyuhyun and he kissed goodbye for the last time ever. And even when seven years had passed, the pain of losing the love of his life still remained the same, or even worse.

 

Hyukjae looked at the farthest part of the sea and cried in silence.

 

Kyuhyun, where are you… in this boundless sea?

 

All of a sudden, Hyukjae felt his shirt slightly tugged and he heard a small whisper “Umma”

 

“Hyunnie baby” Hyukjae turned to his right and embraced the speaking one tightly as he realized that was his six-year-old son. Tears were still streaming down his cheeks but the pain in his heart had somehow lessened. “My baby”

 

Leaning his head on his mother’s chest, the boy looked up and carefully wiped the tears on the other’s face away. “Umma, don’t cry, Kyunnie Appa won’t like it”

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lips rather harshly, preventing himself from crying out loud. He didn’t want his baby to see him this weak, he needed to be strong, but he couldn’t help it.

 

Seven years ago, right after he knew his lover could never come back, he ran desperately to the sea, wanting to suicide there in order to be with the other forever. Luckily, his parents had found out and they managed to prevent him from doing so in time. That was also when he was informed by the local doctor that he was five-week pregnant.

 

Hyukjae still remembered how everyone in the clinic burst into tears upon hearing that news as it was truly a miracle. Kyuhyun couldn’t be back with him but he had given him the most wonderful gift that he could ever wish for. A baby, the fruit of their eternal love, the only descendant of the Jo family, another love of Hyukjae’s life.

 

Since then, the baby had been the strongest support for him. He hadn’t thought of suiciding ever again as he had to live to bring their baby up, raising him to be a good person like his father.

 

 

 

Hyukjae continued to cry his heart out while enveloping the small figure of his son desperately. Just today, he wanted to live with his genuine emotions. He wanted to let out all the despair he had been putting up with through those crystal tears.

 

“Kyuhyun” He mumbled, looking at the blue peaceful sea.

 

In front of them, the sun was rising…