Making A Horror Movie

Love

Title: Making A Horror Movie

Rating: General

Genre: horror

Word count: 1,380

 

 

~ MAKING A HORROR MOVIE ~

 

 

Hyukjae kept on running. He just headed forwards, not even daring to take a look back. He knew that that thing was chasing after him and that made him shiver. Beads of sweat stood out on his forehead and his breath hitched. He didn’t know exactly how long he had been fleeing but he could feel his energy was gradually draining.

 

He wanted to cry so much. It was still following him, no matter how fast he tried to run. Why on Earth had he agreed to go into this dreary forest by himself just to win a silly 50-dollar bet that his friends set up? He looked around, hoping to see any lights or fires, anything that could possibly help to calm him down but nothing turned up.

 

Too occupied in the surrounding, he didn’t realize there was a branch blocking his way. As a result, he fell down and his knees hit the ground painfully. He tried to stand up but it was impossible as the pain was so hard to endure – his knees were even bleeding. Half lying on the ground, he hung his head low. He didn’t find the guts to take a look at that upcoming thing so he just stared at the ground. His heart beat violently every second passed as he saw the shadow was creeping towards him. He closed his eyes, preventing the tears to rush down his face. He didn’t want to die.

 

“Help, please, anyone…” He mumbled weakly but of course, got no response.

 

He could feel the atmosphere that was getting more chilling. It was coming closer and closer and …

 

 

 

“Stop, stop!!” Hyukjae opened his eyes at once as he heard Heechul, the boy holding a camera, shout.

 

“Why, hyung? It is almost finished!” Sungmin, another boy who was holding the flash lights, groan disapprovingly.

 

“The camera has run out of memory” The eldest of the three said with a shrug of his shoulders.

 

“What?” Sungmin grimaced annoyed then yelled loudly. “Hyung, if you hadn’t been taking selfies and videos of yourself so as to send to your ‘lovely Chinese prince’, we could finish this movie and go back home now”

 

“Yah, shut up you brat! Don’t you dare yell at your hyung!” The red-headed yelled back angrily. No one could ever talk about his boyfriend like that, even his dongsaeng.

 

“Alright, alright, hyung. Both of you, calm down” Hyukjae finally decided to step in, preventing the war between those two from exploding. He stood up from the ground, flicking the dust off his clothes and said. “It’s late and as the camera has run out of memory, hyung, let’s just head home”

 

Hearing the youngest speak, Heechul’s grimacing face loosened. After giving Sungmin a final glare, he turned away and packed things up. “Stupid movie-making contest” He cursed, starting to resent ever enrolling in that contest.

 

“Hey, it was your idea to take part in it in the first place. You are also the one who insisted on making a horror movie in this stupid forest. Why are you complaining now?” Sungmin hissed.

 

Before Heechul had time to bicker, a strange noise emerged and all three people froze in their place.

 

“G-Guys, did you hear it?” Heechul managed to ask, receiving reserved nods from the other two as a response. They were too scared to even talk.

 

‘Whippp’

 

That strange noise came again and for a moment, they all felt their hearts stopped beating. The temperature seemed to drop all of a sudden. Hyukjae and Sungmin’s face went pale at once. Heechul, as the eldest, after several seconds to calm himself down, finally opened his mouth to say. “Let’s just pack quickly and leave”

 

The other two immediately did as told then gathered to stand next to each other. They started to walk in an amazing speed, still feeling the exceptionally strange atmosphere engulfing them.

 

‘Whipp… whipppp’ came that scary noise, together with a strong wind which succeeded in bring shiver down their spines. Without saying a word, the boys quietly held each other’s hand and started to run as fast as they could. They were not sure if they had just imagined things but they found the urge to get out of there as soon as possible.

 

When reaching the path along which they had walked several hours before, they sighed at the same time, relieved that they had successfully escaped from that horrible forest.

 

“Thank Goodness, we are out of there” Heechul mumbled, trying to catch his breath after such a hurried run.

 

“Yes, thank God we are fine” Sungmin replied, also breathing rapidly.

 

“Hyukkie, are you okay?” The eldest asked, but receiving no response. And only at that moment did Heechul and Sungmin realize Hyukjae was no longer with them.

 

“I-I thought you held his hand and mine” Sungmin said, eyes wide open, face pale.

 

“No, I… I didn’t. I-I thought you did” Heechul stuttered, face as pale as the other’s.

 

Then they both turned around to look at the forest from which they had just escaped in horror. It was pretty certain that Hyukjae was still there…

 

 

 

---o0o---

 

 

The moment Hyukjae was about to hold Sungmin’s hand to run away, he was violently pulled backwards. He intended to scream but a stone-cold hand quickly covered his mouth, preventing any sound to come out. All of his body’s activities stopped instantly because that hand, that body temperature could never belong to human being. He hopelessly looked at his running hyungs’ backs, unable to say anything.

'What is going on? What should I do now?'

 

 

Before his mind had time to think of a solution, he felt himself pulled into an embrace, a strong one. The temperature of that body was gradually creeping up and a hand was gently his hair.

 

“Kyuhyun?” He asked unsure then raised his head to find the said one smile at him. He sighed in relief to see that loving pair of red eyes and those so familiar fangs of the other. He was no one else but his vampire boyfriend.

 

“Sorry for scaring you, baby” The taller said then locked their lips together in a kiss.

 

“What? Why?” Hyukjae spoke incoherent words. He still couldn’t make it out what had been happening.

 

“Well, I have been following you three to this forest and decided to scare the other two a little as they kept bickering around. They are way too noisy for my liking” The vampire said, acting innocently, making his boyfriend roll his eyes in an exaggerative manner.

 

“You scared the hell out of us! They must be worried about me now” Hyukjae fished his pocket and took out his cellphone, sending a message to his two hyungs.

 

Kyuhyun silently stood beside him, attentively watching him quickly type a text message then immediately hugged him when he had finished.

 

“Baby, how about us going on a date in this lovely forest?” He asked, showing the other a bright smile, looking nothing like a scary vampire in the legend.

 

“No, I don’t want to be here ever again” The smaller protested but was ignored as Kyuhyun had once again pulled him into his embrace, ready to fly upon the highest trees of that forest.

 

What Hyukjae could do at that moment in time was to hug his boyfriend back, mentally wondering why he had fallen in love with the other in the first place so now he had to put up with his peculiar hobbies.

.

.

.

.

As for Heechul and Sungmin, after a minute of thinking what to do, they both jumped in surprise to hear a ‘ting’ sound, indicating that their phones had just had new messages.

 

There was a stunned silence after they had done reading before they grinded his teeth, exploding from anger as they had just been made fun of. “Stupid vampire, there will be one day that we will steal Hyukkie from you, Cho Kyuhyun”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Did this story manage to make anyone terrified? keke

It is supposed to be posted 2 days ago, but exams kept coming and I couldn't get round to finishing it.

I hope you enjoy and Happy belated Halloween!!