Dreamer vs. Realist 2

Love

Tittle: Dreamer vs. Realist 2

Word count: 1,640

 

A/N: Hey guys, I’ve come back with the sequel to Dreamer vs. Realist, which is dedicated to all of my supporters, especially @haehyukyuhyuk, who has asked me to make a sequel (I’m sorry, it is not exactly what you asked) and @hyukee44, who has asked me to write angst (though it is not so angsty :D)

I hope you enjoy it! And happy belated Eunhyuk Day <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

‘Brmm… brmmmm…’

 

Hyukjae blindly searched for his phone on the drawer nearby his bed and sleepily rubbed his eyes, trying to open them as wide as possible to read the message.

 

‘It’s morning already, wake up, beautiful. I’ll try to come back soon. I love you’

 

Hyukjae reread it several times before closing his eyes and hugging the phone to his chest. Kyuhyun hadn’t failed to fulfill his promise – to tell him he was loved every morning when he woke up, not a day. Yet, these weeks, Hyukjae could no longer have the chance to listen to those three magical words while being in the strong arms of the other and smelling his unique scent.

 

It all started nearly a month ago, when Kyuhyun’s mother went down with a heart attack and the taller had immediately rushed to London to look after her. Unfortunately, weeks had passed but neither of them knew how long the other would continue to be there. There was probably a fat chance that the taller was not allowed to come back to Seoul ever again.

 

The truth was that ever since their relationship came to light, there had been no kind of either permission or support they had got from Kyuhyun’s family. Sometimes Hyukjae would bitterly thank God for not putting him into a dilemma like what the taller was suffering. He had no one that would control his life as he simply didn’t have a family - he was left in front of a church long long ago.

 

Biting his lips and sighing for one more time, he silently typed the reply, wishing the other goodnight since it was midnight in London at that moment and not ever forgetting to end the message with the same three words.

 

Surely, as not having the taller by his side, his day couldn’t even be close to good but he would wait for him to come back, patiently and willingly, he thought as he once again buried his face in the stuffed monkey that he had been hugging to sleep lately in replacement of the taller.

 

 

 

------------o0o-------------

 

It had been the 40th day they had been apart and there was 3 days to go till their fourth anniversary.

 

Hyukjae stared at the desktop calendar on his table, suddenly feeling left alone in the apartment of theirs. Kyuhyun’s mother was recovering and even though his parents knew perfectly that he had his engineering job to attend, and probably knew he had someone waiting day by day, they didn’t allow him to go back to Seoul. Hyukjae was aware that he might be too selfish to wish he could have the taller only by his side but without the other, he felt lonely, drained and wasted. He just was unable to see any joy of life.

 

‘Hyukkie, Hyukkie, are you still there?’ spoke the other hurriedly from the other line, managing to bring Hyukjae back to his sense. Right, he was talking with the other and so into his thought that he actually forgot the other was still on the phone.

 

“I’m here, Kyu,… I-I’m still here” He couldn’t help but stutter since his heart sank a little, once again feeling how far away they were when the other was almost in the other side of the globe.

 

Are you okay baby?’

 

And Hyukjae had to bite his lips so as not to break down right that moment. He missed the other so much. He missed it when he had Kyuhyun with him at moments like this, when he was down. The taller would certainly bring him to his arms while whispering little nothingness to his ears, which never failed to keep him calm again. But he was alone now, all alone in the place full of their memory. He didn’t want to be left alone, even when neither of them would mean it that way. He wanted to be there with the other so badly.

 

“I just miss you, Kyu. I miss you… so much…”

 

‘And Hyukkie, you know that I miss you too’ The two both kept silent for a while, one unsure of what to say while another on the verge of crying.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t know how long it was until he opened his mouth to break the increasingly uncomfortable silence. ‘I wish I had wings… so that I could fly to you right away.’ Slowly and gently, he spoke the words from the bottom of his heart. He very much wanted to be in Seoul with the brunette.

 

Surprisingly, that managed to make Hyukjae let out a low chuckle. Kyuhyun was rarely this cheesy. The only sweet words that Hyukjae had heard the latter say was ‘I love you’ but he had never minded, since he knew how much the other truly loved him so as to tell him that.

 

But he had to admit, he felt like exploding in sweetness when hearing the taller say so and he might not have noticed he had been smiling ever since. Strangely enough, a realist like Kyuhyun could say such sweet things and he thought nothing could give him as much contentment as that line.

 

“We’re away for 40 days and now you know how to sweet talk already” Hyukjae joked around, laughing a little.

 

‘It is not sweet talking. I only said what I had been thinking.’ Kyuhyun explained but actually it was relieving for him to see the smaller get better, even only for a while.

 

With that, they went on chatting until Hyukjae fell asleep listening to Kyuhyun’s lullaby…

 

 

 

-------------o0o-------------

 

Hyukjae lit up the candles on top of the tiramisu and whispered ‘Happy anniversary’ to the empty chair in front of him.

 

Their anniversary was nothing like he had expected. No love songs playing, no romantic dinner, no Kyuhyun by his side. Even the night before, he could not get to talk to the other as he said he was busy. Everything became dark and blue.

 

To be perfectly honest, he had had many thoughts running these days. Maybe Kyuhyun was bored of him already. Maybe Kyuhyun had met someone nice in London. Or maybe it was not his parents who forced him to stay but Kyuhyun himself who didn’t want to come back.

 

But it was strange that even thinking so, Hyukjae still tried to stay there, in that all alone apartment, silently waiting and desperately hoping the other would be back soon. It was so unlike him not to pack things up and leave the taller as he had to admit, he was not the type who could stand loneliness. Nonetheless, he couldn’t find it in his heart to do so. He wanted to build a future with him, he really did.

 

 

‘Ping… pongg…’

 

Hyukjae glanced at the front door, completely bewildered at the ringing doorbell. He hadn’t expected anyone here, on this day. He slowly stood up and walked towards it, opening the door to find the biggest surprise ever.

 

Kyuhyun was standing there, his hands holding a bouquet of flowers.

He was smiling, calling his name and saying ‘Happy anniversary’.

 

“Baby, you are not dreaming. I’m back.” He heard the familiar voice and felt the familiar touch when the other caressed his cheeks. “You look so thin” He could see a spark of pain in his pairs of brown orbs. It was Kyuhyun, no one else but him.

 

Hyukjae quickly came to his arms, hugging him tight, feeling the taller constantly giving light kisses on his crown. God knew how long they were craving for each other.

.

.

.

“I know it is not a dream, as were it to be, a bouquet of flowers would not be enough” He finally said when they were inside the apartment, hugging and kissing. And that managed to bring a sincere smile on the other’s face.

 

“Has your mother fully recovered? Do they agree to let you go back here?” asked the brunette. It was actually the first thing he wanted to ask since he saw the other.

 

“No”. Kyuhyun said firmly though still embracing the other close. Hyukjae opened his eyes wide, clearly unexpected of that.

 

“They don’t?” He asked, voice a little shaking.

 

“In fact, they want me to go to London to live with them there” Kyuhyun said while looking at the other in the eyes, seeing how the sparkling pair of orbs immediately lost their light.

 

“And what did you say?” Hyukjae looked down, not finding enough courage to hear the answer.

 

“I want to return to take the most precious thing of mine” The taller said, lifting the smaller’s face, not allowing him to avoid his eye contact. “I want to bring you with me this time”

 

And Hyukjae froze at his place, carefully looking at the man in front of him to find any evidence of a painful joke. But there was none. Kyuhyun was serious, and his eyes were looking at him lovingly.

 

“I don’t want to be away from you any more. Even though my parents are not fully supportive of our relationship, I will make them be. I am confident that I can because it is you I am fighting for. You are the one I love” and Hyukjae broke down out of happiness. Now he knew all these tiring days of waiting were not futile. He knew he had been loved.

 

Kyuhyun looked at the one in his arms, smiling contentedly. Since the talk three days ago, he had been thinking. It was unfair to keep the other waiting day and night like this so he had made the decision.

 

For him, life was like a business. Some people invested poorly, ending up empty-handed while others made a fortune. He didn’t know how long of life they could be through together but somehow, he got the feeling that this time, he made a wise investment.

 

- The end -