Chap2

Switch

First day of school and everyone’s excited to see their classmates again. The twins got off the bus and entered the campus; there were a lot of people. Si-eun became excited as she saw the huge gymnasium and soccer field. The two went to the principal’s office.

The principal smiled at them. “Omo, you two look so similar.”

“Of course, we do.” Si-eun muttered. Mi-eun nudged her. Well of course they look alike; they’re twins, identical twins. It’s tiring to hear those words all the time.

Mi-eun bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo. I am Im Mi-eun, and this is my twin, Si-eun.”

“Yes, yes. Sadly, you two are in different rooms. Im Si-eun in Room 7 while Im Mi-eun in Room 8.”

“Gamsahamnida.” The twins bowed before leaving the room.

Before even one of them could speak, two boys tackled Si-eun. It was Sanghyuk and Hongbin, two of Si-eun’s friends. The two boys are really close.

“We’re in the same class! Ravi-hyung is also with us.” Hyuk cheered.

“Assa! That’s great!” She gave the two boys a high five each.

“Welcome to Seoul High!” Hongbin said.

Si-eun turned to her twin. “I guess I’ll see you la—”

“Mi-eun!!!” A high-pitched voice interrupted.

“Ken!!!” Mi-eun gave him a bear hug.

“Oh, it’s her boyfriend.” Si-eun said.

“Your twin has a boyfriend?” Hyuk asked.

“And it’s Ken-hyung?” Hongbin added.

She shrugged. “Mi-eun says he’s her best friend, but they obviously like each other. Their greasiness makes me cringe.”

“What is your room number?” Ken asked.

“I’m in Room 8.” Mi-eun smiled.

“That’s cool! We’re in the same homeroom!” He hugged her.

“That’s what I’m talking about.” Si-eun told her friends.

“Oh, hi, Si-eun!” Ken noticed her.

“Hi, Ken! It’s been a long time. How’ve you been?”

“I’ve been doing well. I was actually excited after hearing you guys transferred here, especially studying in the same school. You’ll love it here. Ah so, you know Hongbin and Hyuk?”

“Ah yes, do you guys know each other?”

“Yeah, of course.”

The morning bell interrupted Ken and signaled that it’s time to go to their class.

“We have to go. You don’t want to be late on your first day.” Ken pulled Mi-eun with him.

“See you later at lunch!” Si-eun called.

“See you!” Mi-eun waved back.

“Hey guys, let’s go to class!” Ravi is now with the two boys.

 

Si-eun was happy with her schedule; it was not that tiring. Though math was hell, she could immediately let all her stress out because gym class was next. Luckily for her, she sits right next to Ravi. She was still in math class, but her mind was totally out in the soccer field which she could just exactly see through their room window. She then felt Ravi nudge her.

Si-eun woke up from her trance and saw that Mr. Kim, their math teacher, was looking at her.

“He asked you a question.” Ravi whispered.

“I don’t even know what the question is.” She whispered back. She cleared . “Could you please repeat the question?”

“Not paying attention in my class, huh, Ms. Im. The question is on page 12, can you answer it?”

*Oh fudge, I have no idea how to do this.* Si-eun thought.

“Next time, pay attention. You may sit down.” He said.