Chap4

Switch

Si-eun was totally in paradise during gym class especially their coach, Mr. Choi, was very kind. But she couldn’t help but worry about her twin the whole time.

She immediately rushed to the bus stop after classes. There, she saw her twin with Ken. Her problem must be damn serious because even Ken can’t comfort her. Ken saw Si-eun and gave her an anxious look. He moved to the side and gave room for her.

“Hey, Mi. What’s wrong?”

“I humiliated myself in gym class!” She cried. “Our assessment was just simply running three laps around the gym, but I failed! It’s so embarrassing! I have to do an athletic test tomorrow because of that.”

 

Things were worse at home, Mi-eun wasn’t touching her food. It made their parents worry.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” Their mom asked.

“She has to do an athletic test tomorrow, because she failed running three laps around the gym.” Her twin spoke for her.

“Don’t worry, Mi, you’re physically fit. You’ll be fine.” Their dad said.

Si-eun gave her dad a look. Their dad was right, she’s physically fit, but the second statement…it was obvious that Mi-eun won’t be fine.

 

The twins were in the bathroom, brushing their teeth. Suddenly, Si-eun stopped brushing and creepily smiled, freaking Mi-eun out. She was trying to say something with full of toothpaste.

“What?!” Mi-eun was not in the mood for jokes.

Her twin spit into the sink then quickly rinsed. “I’ve got a solution for your problem!”

“Really?” It brightened Mi-eun up.

Her twin gave her a smirk. “Yup, she’s standing in front of you.”

It took around five seconds for Mi-eun to get what her twin was trying to say.

“We can switch. It’ll benefit the two of us. I can be you in your gym class while you’ll be me in my math class. Simple, right?”

“You’re not doing this for your own good, are you?” Mi-eun gave her a suspicious look.

“I’m trying to help you here!”

Mi sighed. “Maybe it’ll work. Okay, just this once.”

“It will work!” Si-eun beamed.

“Hey, you’re sounding too excited about this. Listen, everyone would be suspicious if you do it your way. You should act like me.”

“Psh, that’s simple.” Si-eun pulled the rubber band out of her hair and let it down. Then, she acted being shy and quiet.

“You’re overdoing it. And it doesn’t suit you.” Mi-eun made a face.

“Now, try acting like me!”

Mi-eun tied her hair up. “Hey guys, have you seen the game? Park Jisung was awesome! Yeah, I know! His kicks are awesome!” She pretended to kick something, sending her indoor slippers flying out of the bathroom.

Their dad, who just entered the room, almost got hit by it. “Woah, Si, that’s a foul. Anyway, I was just checking on you guys.”

When their dad left the room, they did a high five. If they can fool their dad, they can fool the school but never their mom.

“So, we’ll switch before lunch time ends?”

“Yup!” Si-eun confirmed. “Oh yeah, we can’t tell anyone about this, okay? It’s just between the two of us.”

“Okey dokey!”