Chap5

Switch

The twins woke up way earlier than usual; they couldn’t keep calm. Even in breakfast, they would have an eye contact and giggle to themselves.

“I’m glad someone’s back to herself today.” Their mom said.

“Never been better.” Mi-eun grinned.

Right after eating, Si-eun dragged her twin out of the house before she spill everything to their mom; Mi-eun can’t lie.

“Phew, I thought you’ll blow us.” Si-eun said.

 “Sorry, I’m so nervous. Aren’t you?”

“I’m excited! I have two consecutive hours of gym, and on top of that, no math!”

“You’re definitely doing this for your own good.”

“It’s for your own good too, isn’t it?”

“Do you think mom knows?” Mi-eun worriedly asked.

“Nah, I don’t think so. Even though we can’t fool mom, she is not a mind-reader.”

As they entered the bus, Mi-eun grabbed a seat beside Ken. Si-eun sat a little far from them; she was nervous too, but probably way lesser than Mi-eun.

 

At school, Ravi rushed to Si-eun.

“Si, N-hyung asked me to join their dance crew!” He excitedly said. “He said it will be great if I join them, plus they need a rapper!”

“That’s great!” She said, but she was not really paying attention. “So what did you say?”

“Of course, I agreed!”

Hongbin and Hyuk came running to them as well.

“Guys, I was casted for our school’s play!!!” Hongbin said. “I will be the lead role!”

“I am joining our school’s camp! I can’t wait to have camping!” Hyuk said.

“That’s good to hear, guys. I’m happy for all of you.”

“What about you? Have you gone to check the soccer tryouts?” Ravi asked.

Si-eun shook her head.

“I guess she hasn’t met hyung.” Hyuk said.

“Which hyung?” She confusedly asked.

“Don’t you know? The soccer player who was once in the National Team is our hyung. He’s from our group.” Hongbin said.

“WHAT?! You should’ve told me sooner!” Si-eun felt like her head will explode. She was damn nervous about the switch, and now Hongbin is telling her that their friends with the guy she’s been wanting meet.

“Okay, I think that’s enough info for me. Let’s go to class.” She said.

As they were walking, her twin and Ken passed by, they had an eye contact. Both of them know that they are feeling the same, nervous.

“Did you and Mi fight?” Ravi asked.

“H-huh? N-no! Why?”

“It seems like you two are ignoring each other or something.” He shrugged.

She just forced a laugh.

 

After some nerve-wracking hours, it was finally lunch! After rushing her food, Si-eun sneakily left Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk. She met her twin on the way to the bathroom.

“Let’s do this!” She excitedly said.

After passing their clothes to each other, they went out of the stall.

“Remember to act like me!” Mi-eun reminded her. “And put your hair down.”

“Remove your makeup and accessories!” Si-eun told her.

Si-eun put her hair down and wore her twin’s accessories, Mi-eun tied her hair and removed her makeup, and they exchanged bags.

“You did your extra math homework, right?” Mi-eun asked her.

Her twin just sheepishly grinned. “See you again here later, okay?” She said before heading to Mi-eun’s class.

Mi-eun shook her head and went to her twin’s class.

As Si-eun was walking to the gym, Hongbin and Hyuk passed by, excitedly talking about the school’s play and camp. They gave her a wave and continued walking to their class. She beamed; they didn’t recognize her!