Chap3

Switch

(A/N: Double update, my lovely readers <3)

“I’m really very happy that we’re in the same class.” Ken said.

He and Mi-eun were on their way to the gymnasium after lunch for their next class. Mi-eun tried to smile. She too was very happy that they’re in the same class, but their next class is physical education. She couldn’t help but think about the next dreadful hour.

Ken gave her a worried look. “Don’t worry, I’m with you.”

“Thanks, Ken.”

“Anyway, let’s talk about the auditions for the school choir so you won’t think much about our gym class.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I’ve planned this audition the whole summer.”

“So what are you planning to do?” He asked.

“I’m still deciding if I should play the guitar or piano while singing. What about you?”

“I’m just going to sing. I suggest that you play your violin. You’ll be unique.” He gave her a smile.

“Yeah, that’s a great idea. I’ll do it. Thanks.”

Ken totally shifted Mi-eun’s attention; she forgot they’re in gym class until she heard a shout.

“Everyone line up! Boys on my right side and girls on the left!” Ms. Lee informed. She started the roll call.

Mi-eun glanced at Ken; he gave her a reassuring smile.

After the roll call, “Three laps around the gym. Go!” She blew her whistle.

Everyone immediately took off. Mi-eun gaped, standing stiff on the ground.

“Something wrong?” Ms. Lee asked.

“U-uh…” She stuttered.

“C’mon, Mi. The sooner we start the sooner we’ll be done.” Ken grabbed her wrist.

She heaved a deep breath before following Ken. *Here goes nothing.*

She was really surprised that she’s actually doing well; she thought maybe she could survive…not until her shoelace came loose and she stepped on it, making her fall face flat on the floor.

Before she could humiliate herself more, Ken helped her up. “Are you alright?”

She didn’t respond.

“Back in line!” Ms. Lee shouted. “This assessment is just simple and easy; those who failed have to do an athletic test tomorrow!”

Athletic test?! It was totally not Mi-eun’s day. Ken gave her a comforting pat on the back.

 

Si-eun got an extra homework in math for not listening in class, but she couldn’t care less because it’s already gym class! She was happily skipping to the gym with Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk when she saw her twin going out of the gym looking pale and wobbly. Her smile faded.

“What happened?”

Mi-eun looks like she was about to cry and it worried her; if one of them cries the other cries too—another twin thing.

She just shook her head before leaving her twin worried sick.

“Is Mi-eun alright?” Ravi asked.

Si-eun shrugged. “I don’t know either. She didn’t speak.”

“Maybe you should talk to her later, it must be something serious, because I saw Ken-hyung and he seemed worried too.” Hongbin said.

“Yeah, I will.”

“C’mon, it’s the hour you’ve been waiting for.” Hyuk said.