Chap7

Switch

“Mi, I think I’m sick.” Si-eun flopped on Mi-eun’s bed.

“What?! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I shouldn’t have let you do my test.”

“No, don’t worry. Something is sure wrong with me, it’s serious but it’s nothing near those kinds of illness.”

“Then, what’s wrong with you?”

“Please don’t laugh at me.” She looked at her twin. “I can’t stop thinking about a guy.”

But Mi-eun laughed, really hard, as if she’ll die laughing. “Seriously?! Who’s the guy?”

“Leo Jung, the one who was in the National Soccer Team. He’s friends with N, Ken, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk. I didn’t know he was part of their group until Hongbin told me earlier. I know I’m not the type of girl who would be head-over-heels about a guy, but I can’t help it. He invaded my brain and I can’t get him out. He looks so damn hot handsomely playing soccer.”

Mi-eun made a face. “Oh my gosh, you’re seriously sick! Wait a minute, you mean he’s in my class?!”

“Yes!”

“This is weird. You don’t like boys. I don’t get it, I mean, you have a lot of guy friends, but you never liked any of them, even Hongbin!”

“I don’t like boys…except for one.”

“Leo Jung.” Mi-eun rolled her eyes, still not believing her twin likes a guy.

Si-eun shrugged. “What about you? You and Ken are so obvious that you like each other. And don’t give me that ‘he’s my best friend’ excuse again.”

“I do. A lot. But I don’t think he does.” She looked down on the floor.

“He obviously likes you too!”

“Anyway, let’s not talk about me and Ken. Is Leo the reason you need to be me again tomorrow?!” Mi-eun gaped.

Her twin sheepishly grinned. “He’ll do drills for my tryouts. So, why do you need me for lunch?”

It was Mi-eun’s turn to sheepishly grin. “You’re one of the contestants in a math competition.”

Si-eun literally rolled on the floor, laughing.

 

The next morning at school, Ravi was grinning ear-to-ear at Si-eun.

“What’s up with you?” She asked.

“I can’t wait for lunch.”

Her eyes widened. She told Mi-eun to keep her secret crush. She’s not ready for her friends’ teasings.

“W-what?” She stuttered.

Ravi gave her a look. “Don’t tell me you forgot about the competition?”

“O-oh, yeah, right!” She breathed a sigh of relief.

 

Lunchtime came and they have to switch again.

“I can’t believe Im Mi-eun will do drills for her tryouts. People will think I’ve gone mad.”

“Well, same goes for me. Im Si-eun joining a math contest.”

They laughed.

“See you later before the bell rings!”

Si-eun rushed to the field; Leo was already there.

*He looks so cute.* She squealed.

“Hey.” He greeted. “Shall we start?”

She nodded.

As they were doing the drills, Si-eun couldn’t help but steal a glance every time and she would mentally slap herself to focus. When she was about to kick the ball to the goal, her hair covered her face and she slipped, first on the ground.

Leo rushed to her. “Are you alright?” He squatted to her level. He locked her hair behind her ears. “I think you should tie your hair when you play. You’d look better like that.”

Si-eun felt like her heart will jump out of her chest and it felt very hot. His face was so near to hers. Before she could lose herself, she stood back up and continued playing.

When they were finished, they sat on floor.

“You’re really good. But I though it’s your twin who’s good at sports.”

“U-uh…I think I just heard the bell ring.” She stood up.

He grabbed her wrist. She was locked in his gaze.

“Want to practice again some other time?” He asked.

She felt like she was hypnotized and didn’t think twice to say “Sure!”

 

Mi-eun was in the competition with Ravi. Their team was leading and she got every question correctly. When the game was finally done, their team won.

“You’re amazing, Si! I can’t believe it. You probably didn’t sleep last night and bothered Mi-eun the whole night.”

She awkwardly laughed. “Y-yeah…right…it’s fun to try new things sometimes.”

“I’m glad you’re facing your fear now.” He laughed.

“Like you said, I just thought like it’s sports. You know I never lose in any game.”

“That’s the spirit! Soon, you can ace math too!”

Hongbin and Hyuk came to them. They watched the competition to support them.

“You guys are awesome!” Hyuk said.

“I can’t believe you beat all those math nerds, Si!” Hongbin said.

“Im Si-eun never loses in any game, even math.” Mi-eun grinned.

Then, the real Si-eun arrived with Leo behind her.

“Oh hey, Leo-hyung! What are you doing with Mi?” Ravi asked.

“We just finished playing soccer.” He said.

Talk about bad timing, Ravi raised a brow.

“It’s an extra credit for her gym class.” Mi-eun explained.

“U-uh yeah…sure…” Ravi said.

“Can I talk to my twin for a while?” Si-eun asked.

“Of course, see you later in class, Si.” He told Mi-eun.

They left Ravi and Leo.

 

In class, Ravi suddenly asked Si-eun a question.

“Do you think Leo-hyung likes Mi?”

“No!” She over-reacted.

“Well, I was talking to Leo-hyung earlier and he seems to like Mi a lot. Does Mi like him?”

“Ravi, isn’t it obvious that Mi likes Ken?”

“Oh yeah, right, Ken-hyung. Oh no, I guess they’ll be in a love triangle.”

Si-eun was freaking out at the idea. She can’t tell Ravi that SHE likes Leo, not her twin.