Chap8

Switch

On the way to gym class, Ken was walking with Mi-eun.

“Where were you at lunch?”

“I had to do some extra credit for gym.I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s alright.”

HongbinandHyuk passed by.

“Hey Mi, what did you do to Si to make her win the math contest?”Hyuk asked.

Ken confusedly looked her then to Hyuk and Hongbin.

“U-uh…I dared her…yeah…”

“That’s probably why! We still can’t believe she joined that contest, same as you playing soccer with Leo-hyung!”Hongbin said.

“See you guys around!”Hyuk bid. With that, the two of them left her alone with Ken.

“So…the credit was playing soccer with Leo-hyung?” He asked.

“U-uh…it was actually doing soccer drills…he offered some help.”

“Is there something you want to tell me?” He asked. Ken was not mad, but he was obviously upset.

Before she could even speak, Leo walked to them. “There you are! I forgot to ask your number so I can contact you whenever we’ll have practice again.” He sheepishly smiled.

“O-oh yeah…” She gave Si-eun’s number.

“Thanks! I’ll just give you a call.” He said before walking back to N.

Mi-eun was tensed as she can feel Ken’s stare.

“Don’t worry, I get it.” He said.

“What?”

“You like him. You can tell me that kind of stuff, Mi. I’ll understand. We’re best friends, right?” Judging Ken’s voice, he was hurt. And his facial expression has the same emotion. He walked ahead of her.

Mi-eun can feel the pain twisting in her stomach. She wished she could tell everything to him. To make things worse, Leo kept staring at her. That guy totally likes her twin.

After Ms. Lee announced that everyone who did the athletic test passed, she let the students do whatever they want.

When Mi-eun saw Leo heading to her with a soccer ball, she grabbed Ken’s hand.

“Want to play volleyball?”

“Sure, if you don’t want to play soccer.” He nodded at the direction where Leo was.

“I’d rather play with you.”

“Mi! Want to play soccer with us?” Leo called.

“I don’t mind.” Ken said.

“No, thanks, I have something to do with Ken.”

“Oh…okay…maybe next time.” He went back to his friends. He looked hurt though.

*If it were just easy to tell them everything, SI-EUN likes YOU and YOU like HER. I like KEN, not YOU.* Mi-eun thought.

“I hope I’m not ruining your love life.” Ken said.

“I don’t like him, Ken.”

“Hyung seems he likes you.”