Chap13

Switch

Si-eun was kicking here and there; she saw Leo and Mi-eun talking.

“Si, the ball!” Ravi called from the bench.

Too late. It hit her hard on the guts, but still managed to kick it to the goal.

Ms. Lee blew her whistle and concluded the tryouts. “I’ll post the results tomorrow.”

Mi-eun rushed to her twin. “Are you alright? Does your stomach hurt?”

“I’m fine. I’ve had experienced worse.”

“I’m sorry. Did I distract you that much?” Leo teased.

Well, the answer was technically yes.

“Very funny.” Si-eun rolled her eyes.

Leo offered his hand and helped her up. He pulled her hand and landed his lips on her cheek. “You’re so amazing.”

Si-eun madly blushed and couldn’t utter a word. Leo caressed her cheek and kissed her lips. Mi-eun giggled at her twin’s reaction.

N cleared his throat which made the two pull away. “You should thank us. If it weren’t for us, you two would be in a mess.”

“Thanks again, by the way…but I…your audition…I’m sorry.” Si-eun couldn’t look at her twin’s face.

“You…” Mi-eun gaped.

“I’m really sorry. I think those notes I played don’t even exist.”

“There you are! What happened to you?” Ken came running. “Didn’t I tell you not to worry? I said I was sorry for ignoring you. What happened to your piece?” He hugged Mi-eun.

Mi-eun gave him a smile. “You don’t have to apologize. You have nothing to do with what happened. It’s actually a long story.”

He then looked at her then to Si-eun, both in soccer clothes. “Wait a minute…”

“Yes, Ken-hyung, they have some long explaining to do.” Ravi said.

Mi-eun heaved a deep sigh before telling them the whole story.

 

“So, you mean Si-eun was really the one I’ve been hanging with?” Leo asked.

“All this time, I thought Mi-eun was replacing me with Leo-hyung…it was Si-eun after all.” Ken gaped.

“Ha! See! He likes Mimi! You were jealous!!!” Si-eun said which made Ken and Mi-eun blush.

“I will never replace you, Lee Jaehwan.” Mi-eun said.

“Hey, you said you’ll explain why you were ignoring her, right?” Si-eun said.

Ken scratched the back of his neck. “The practice night…she didn’t come…I went to look for her…but I saw her with Leo-hyung…I was…jealous…”

“As we now know, it was Si-eun…N-hyung dragged Mi-eun that time.” Ravi said.

“You knew! Why did you make me suffer? You know I can’t dance!” Mi-eun pouted.

“Of course, we had to act along. I don’t know about Hongbin and Hyuk, but Ravi and I were both aware of your switching.” N said.

“Hyuk!” Si-eun stood up from the bench. “Where is he?”

“He’s with Hongbin in the auditorium.”

She immediately ran as soon as Leo said that.