Day 1: Fan Mob

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Ae gradually eased the car near the curb and parked, overjoyed that they weren’t late for the 11 am fansign event. Her eyes widened to the size of saucers at the extensive lines that seemed to zigzag everywhere before ending at the obvious white tents.

All of them are Inspirits?!

“Close your mouth or you’ll catch flies.” Sungjong elevated her jaw for her since she couldn’t stop gawking at the fans who roared at Infinite’s arrival. Their screams increased several pitches as the members neared the tables where they would be seated and conduct one-on-one interactions with them.

Ji Ae assisted Hoya into his seat and deposited his crutches under the table, adjusting his chair for maximum comfort. “Are you ok with this?”

Hoya nodded and beckoned for her to come closer. Ji Ae leaned down and nearly shivered at the sound of his voice travelling throughout her body. “Thank you, love.” He whispered into her ear.

Ji Ae swiftly turned around, apprehensive that the fans who were standing less than ten feet away would see her beet red. “Yah! You can’t do that with all those girls standing there!”

Thankfully, the event was getting started with Infinite introducing themselves, and she escaped behind the tent to catch her breath, fanning herself at the sudden spike in temperature.

“You! Don’t just stand there! Help us!” The frantic event coordinator unnie shouted. Ji Ae peered around and saw no one else in the vicinity, so she pointed to herself. “Me? But I’m their manag-”

“Come here.” She ushered Ji Ae to the other side at the back of the tent where a group of other volunteers were busy assembling boxes like there was no tomorrow. The fan gifts were pouring in tremendous amounts, filling up the containers as fast as they were being built.

Ji Ae got down to her knees right away and started aiding the volunteers in construction for the next hour. Being an avid fan of idols herself, she knew how hard the fangirls had worked on their gifts since it was one of the only mediums that they could communicate with their cherished oppas. Seeing that there were already ten large boxes stuffed with presents, Ji Ae notified the coordinator that she was going to move them into Infinite’s van. Thus, she began her long journey from tent to car and car to tent of lugging boxes. Who would expect them to weigh a ton?

After delivering the ninth box, Ji Ae collapsed on the curb, completely exhausted at the continuous trek. She wiped her forehead with the edge of her jacket sleeve, mortified at how damp the material was. Ji Ae patted her cheeks, trying to reenergize herself for the last one when Dongwoo appeared.

“Dongwoo! Shouldn’t you be over there?”

“I had to use the restroom. What are you doing here?” Dongwoo scanned Ji Ae’s sweaty condition and took note of how red her hands were.

“Just bringing the gifts back to our car. Your fandom has really grown. Congrats!” She gave him a thumbs up and headed back for the last box. However, she had difficulty hoisting this particular container until Dongwoo lifted the other side.

“Whoa! Go back to your fans! I got this.” Ji Ae grunted under the weight, but Dongwoo was relentless against her pleas and helped her anyway. Slamming the doors shut, Ji Ae emitted a weary cry of accomp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter