Bedtime

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now that Ji Ae had received a formal house tour from Sunggyu, she was ready to get down to business. Scanning the simplified schedule from top to bottom, she was certain that she could accomplish these tasks without fail. "Alright, guys. Let's just call it a night since it's almost midnight."

Ji Ae repositioned the pillow and knitted throw, thumping the leather couch several times for its comfort level. "Night, fellas. Please turn off the lights before you go to bed."

Waves of protest erupted, all repeating the fact that it was unacceptable for Ji Ae to snooze on the piece of furniture.

"You can sleep in my room. Total privacy there." Woohyun proposed, earning him a pummeling of the fists.

"Ehhh! We can't make her sleep in a closet!"

"Why does she have to suffer in your place?"

"We're really allowing her to sleep in the same room with four other guys?"

Ji Ae seriously didn't understand what the commotion was all about. They were complicating things way more than they should be already. Besides, she kind of grew an attachment to this expensive sofa.

"I will be the sensible one here and give up my room for you, Ji Ae." Sungjong boldly declared, effectively quieting down the ruckus. "I'll sleep with Woohyun hyung."

"Ya, that closest is cramped already, and I don't need you-"

Sunggyu clapped his hands, signaling the end of the subject and proceeded to carry Ji Ae's single suitcase into Sungjong's room for her. After thanking him profusely for the help and bidding him goodnight, she began to unpack her toiletries, not even bothering to unfold her clothes since her stay here was limited. It wasn't until Ji Ae hit the bed did she truly miss the unique texture of the living room couch. No matter which way she tossed and turned, sleep eluded her every grasp. Unsatisfied with the restlessness, Ji Ae snatched the worn teddy bear and headed back to where she belonged.

                  

 

"Hyung, are you actually allowing Ji Ae to be our manager?" Sungyeol fiercely whispered to the leader.

 

"You saw the letter, and Sunggyu hyung called the CEO himself." Myungsoo blatantly stated from his seat at the monitor.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter