Day 2: Lunch Time Antics

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Ae fumbled with the two paper bags of lunchboxes she had prepared earlier for the boys as she kicked the door to the back of the van shut with her foot, glad that she wasn't balancing on a three inch heel while doing this.

She couldn't believe what had happened in the past six hours since Myungsoo volunteered her to be the replacement model. So much makeup and hairspray was clogging up her face and lungs, and Ji Ae was just about done being strapped into a handful of dresses with ridiculous death contraptions deemed as high heels. Exhausted, she decided to deal with the boys later. She was lucky that they were too occupied with being hungry at the moment.

She hurried back to the olive green picnic tables where a casually dressed Infinite was munching on some roasted sweet potatoes, unaware that some delicious homemade salads were coming their way.

"Dig in, guys!" Ji Ae handed each member their designated box, silently anticipating their reactions to her cooking. She didn't expect much since she was no sous chef, but it was the thought that counted right?

"Daebak! You actually wrote something in ketchup on our...fried rice?" Woohyun's raised brows demanded Ji Ae to explain.

"It's actually kimbap." She awkwardly fidgeted with her Swarovski stud earring that she got to keep as a thank you gift for being the replacement model. "But I kept the end of my promise, didn't I?"

Each member stared at the customized message in his lunchbox, simply awed by the contents inside.

"How dare you you call me choding oppa!" 

"Does maknae oppa even make sense?"

 "Leader oppa. How very appropriate."

"Um, I find womanizer oppa highly offensive."

"Greasy oppa? Wha..."

"Aw, I can't believe I'm your angel oppa!"

Ji Ae giggled at their reactions, immensely satisfied with the names she had given them. If she was going to call them oppa, she might as well do it her style. Order had been restored to the universe.

"What did you get, Myungsoo?" Sunggyu peered into the said person's dish and guffawed at the name inscribed in tomato red.

"Really? You're going to call him Weirdo oppa?"

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders and scooped a large portion of rice, seaweed, and meat, eliminating the written evidence in his mouth. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Very contrasting with his dark and quiet image, yes?" Ji Ae slightly grinned. It made it easier to simply breathe in the same space they were in if she weren’t so familiar with him, but that was so difficult to enforce since she was already kissed by him twice.

Her mind was still trying to wrap around the thought that Myungsoo's lips made contact with hers. She didn't know if she should permanently stop washing her lips or to smack him upside the head for stealing her first kiss.

So much for fantasizing that my first kiss would take place under the moonlit sky of the beach.

Pangs of hunger overruled anymore thoughts of conversation as Infinite eagerly stuffed themselves with the non-traditional form of kimbap. Surprisingly, the mixture of ingredients, yes, including the condiment, elicited screams of satisfaction and fulfillment. If the guys were doing this out of consideration for her or if they truly enjoyed her horrendous cooking, she was pleased.

But that's what starvation does to you, honey.

A gurgle, similar to a sound emitted by a dying whale, broke through all the rice chewing. Ji Ae wrapped an arm over her stomach, willing it to silence once and for all...until they returned home at least. She deemed herself worthy of gorging into a food coma.

“You were so busy making food for us that you forgot to pack one for yourself, huh?” Sunggyu pointed his spoon in her direction.

Ji Ae rubbed the back of her neck at the mistake and coughed loudly to hide the second growl erupting from her tummy. “Is there any roasted sweet potatoes left?” She glimpsed at the scraps of tinfoil littering the picnic table, the sought out starch nowhere in sight.

"Ji Ae-ah, why don’t you share the kimbap with me?” Sungyeol scooped a moderate portion of the rice salad and patiently waited with the spoon propped towards her face.

“No! Take mine instead!” Five other spoons shot out at her. Five hallyu faces anticipating her next move.

While she was contemplating over whose offer to accept, Myungsoo nearly finished inhaling his lunchbox save fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter