Stranded

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Although it wasn’t much compared to the idols’ living quarters out there, Yoo Ji Ae would sincerely miss her tiny albeit comfy dorm that she shared with seven other of the Woollim Girls. She allowed her hazel eyes to roam the proximity of the neat two bedroom, one bathroom apartment, uncertain if she would return to it as the same person a week from now.

Her grip on the plastic handle of her dusty pink suitcase tightened as she recalled the intense yet brief discussion with the CEO of Woollim. Ji Ae had reluctantly complied to his bizarre orders and was now impatiently waiting by the front door, her foot tapping increasing with each second.

I should be training with the other girls right now! This is a waste of my time.

She had been deliberating over whether to blow this whole situation off and just head to the practice room, but the CEO’s stern warning rooted her sneakered feet to the wooden floor. Slipping a hand into the soft fibers of her maroon sweatshirt pocket, Ji Ae pulled out her cell phone, confirming that it was officially one minute passed the assigned time of when someone was to be sent to pick her up.

Roughly stuffing her device back into her pocket, Ji Ae yanked open the door, her head peering to and fro for the supposed driver. Irritated that no one significant was present, she dragged her suitcase passed the threshold and angrily fumbled in the search for the exact key to properly secure the door shut.

“Stupid..why do I have to...ruining my time..” Ji Ae continued grumbling until she distinguished the auditory click signifying the locked door.

As she turned around to reach for her luggage, her world was suddenly encompassed in pitch black by the handkerchief blindfold slapped against her eyes. A large napkin clamped over her screaming mouth, muffling her weakening pleas for help from her attacker.

“Ya! Do it carefully or we won’t be able to get it!”

Wh-what? Are they going to sell me? Auction me off as a slave to some sleazy old man?

“Just grab her suitcase! We’ll go out through the back door!”

There are two of them? How can I fend off two men?

She felt herself being picked up and dumped over the shoulder of the man restraining her while the other covered , taking her bag of clothing in tow. No matter how much she struggled, lamely at that, Ji Ae couldn’t liberate herself as her body gradually advanced into a stage of molten lead.

“She’s sound asleep.”

“Good. We can drive and drop her off there in peace.”

“Got the envelope?”

“Yes.”

With the last word slurring in her ears, Ji Ae drifted off into a chloroform induced slumber.

                

Where am I?

Ji Ae slowly blinked herself awake, shielding her eyes with the palm of her hand at the sudden brightness that rudely invaded her pupils. She jolted from her position on the white leather couch, shaking off the knitted throw that was conveniently placed over her body.

“Daebak!”

Wherever her eyes landed, marble was always there to greet her with its luscious shine and smooth surface. Heck, the only thing Ji Ae saw decked out in pure marble was the bathroom sink...in the restroom of the company building.

As if a baby testing out her legs for the first time ever, Ji Ae slowly made her way to the floor length window conveying the familiar modern image of Seoul besieged by night. She shakily traced the beads of glimmering lights emanating from the city below, transfixed by the splendor of the scenic view.

Speaking of a beautiful view, the kitchen and dining room almost brought her to tears. The sheer massive length of the dining table seated for twelve already drove her dizzy with the numerous possibilitie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter