Day 2: Picture Perfect

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up, everyone!"

Ji Ae had woken up extra early today (3 am in fact) in order to prepare Infinite some homemade lunches. She had discovered all the ingredients necessary to make kimbap in the kitchen and was determined to create a culinary masterpiece, but nothing went according to plan as always.

One. She didn't add enough water to the rice, which caused it to be firmer than usual and possibly on the raw side. It took her another half hour to correct that since she had to sprinkle in flecks of water every several minutes.

Two. Ji Ae still couldn't find a decent cutting knife, so she had to settle for the butter knife instead. It was a terrible struggle trying to slice the carrots and cucumbers into columns, so everything was extremely askew.

Three. She had simply run out of time after wrestling with the food for two hours. Being the frustrated person that Ji Ae was, she quartered the vegetables and baked beef before tossing it into a mixing bowl. The almost cooked rice soon followed with bits of rice seasoning and soy sauce.

Mixing everything together is way more fun! Kimbap salad anyone?

Ji Ae distributed approximately equal spoonfuls into the seven lunchboxes she had located in the cabinet and tried to arrange the decent pieces on top. "It doesn't look too bad."

Satisfied with her outcome, Ji Ae cleaned up her mess and was now walking into the living room banging a spatula against a pan, efficiently waking all the members up in no time.

"Rise and shine! Come on! Let's open them peepers and get on down to the car! We have a special event planned for today!"

An hour later, Ji Ae hit the road with a drowsy but freshly showered Infinite and their lunches secretly packed in the rear of the car. "Yah! Don't touch her hand again, Sunggyu hyung!" Sungjong warned with his wide doe eyes.

Now that Ji Ae had driven them around a few times already, she didn't feel so nervous every time they got into the vehicle but one should never relax her guard completely.

"Ya?" The leader repeated. "Why don't you find your own fanning person next time instead of Ji Ae?"

Their petty bickering continued until they arrived at the predestined location for their photoshoot with Sungjong's final ultimatum of blackmail. What. A. Scary. Maknae.

"Whaa...this place is..."

"Breathtaking."

"Beautiful."

"Absolute heaven."

What they were describing completely transcended the standard landscape of your average at-home garden. Ji Ae deemed Seoul’s National Rose Garden an Apink worthy set to film for their music videos since roses were prevalent throughout the property. Red, scarlet, ivory, white, pink, yellow, purple. Any color you could associate with a rose, and you were bound to find a bush with that exact color here.

There were also petals of the rainbow scattered over the cobblestone pathway and the neatly trimmed grass, giving the garden a magical quality to it. Some flowed in the winds that happen to travel through the vicinity, spreading its floral fragrance beyond the area or dropping them in the majestic water fountain located at the center of the garden. The sparkle of the iridescent water contrasting with the sharp color of the rose petals truly added a romantic touch to the atmosphere.

“Infinite! Please step into these makeshift dressing rooms to change into your outfits. We will start the photoshoot soon!” The photographer announced and signaled for the stylists to usher them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter