Day 1: The Bet

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One by one, the group of eight filed into the house completely stuffed with delicious hanwoo as well as numerous, scrumptious appetizers.

"Don't forget to wash up first, guys!" Ji Ae reminded them but the boys collapsed in the living room without heeding her instructions. She tossed her purse on the counter, refilled Haru’s food dish, and crossed off the first day's duties with panache. With hands on her hips, Ji Ae clicked her tongue at the sloths who had ignored her and were enraptured by the plasma screen tv instead.

"Come on, Infinite! Let's move-"

"Ji Ae, why don't you call us 'oppa'?" Sungyeol blurted out, hoping to distract her from the persistent nagging.

Flustered, Ji Ae fumbled for an apparent answer. "Be-because I'm your manager! Yeah! And you all have to listen to me. So, go shower!" Nobody moved. Not an inch.

"You're the youngest, and it's rude if you don't." Hoya said.

"Wow. Look at this kid trying to defy her elders!" Sunggyu exaggerated.

Ji Ae's mind raced for a solution as to avoid this situation. If she addressed them as they wanted, she feared that it would only make separating seven days from now unbearable. Distance was the only way to spare everyone's feelings...right?

"How about this," Sungyeol proposed, "if you can watch an episode of this drama without crying, then you can call us whatever you want. However, if you do, which I guarantee, then you have to call us 'oppa', and we get to address you as ‘elephant’ again. Deal?"

That was easy enough. Ji Ae was praised for not shedding any tears ever since she became a trainee at Woollim despite the difficulty she had to endure.

"Deal...choding." She couldn't resist.

"Hey! That's cheating!"

Ji Ae snatched a chair from the dining room only to have it taken away as she was shoved to base of the leather couch in between Sungjong and Sungyeol.

"Really?"

"Just to make sure you can see clearly." Sungjong grinned.

Like who would miss the sixty inch television screen?

"What are we watching?"

"It's a drama I recorded. Can you handle an episode of Secret?"

Ji Ae snorted. She recalled the trailer for the drama she saw months ago. The storyline seemed interesting, but the characters didn't have much of an impact on her enough to coax her into watching an episode. Well, there was Ji Sung, but she wouldn't get into that now.

 

"Bring it on."

58 minutes later

Almost there! Hold it in!

Ji Ae pursed her lips harder in order to prevent her tears from falling over the precipice of her reddened lids since the end was imminent. Yet, no one would probably notice for there were no dry eyes in the room. Dongwoo had already made a beeline for the bathroom, Hoya and Woohyun were cradling each other, and Sunggyu was sniffling more than usual. Surprisingly, Sungjong was tear-free although the shine in his eyes betrayed his macho attitude, and Sungyeol was making a puddle in the living room. Myungsoo, on the other hand, appeared to be bored from his l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter