Day 1: Starf*cked

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With more confidence now that she was alone in the large vehicle, Ji Ae made quick work of locating the nearest Starbucks. She pondered over what to purchase for the members while waiting in line gazing at the elaborate menu.

Frappacino? Or fresh brewed?

Ji Ae suddenly sensed a presence that was much too close behind her, practically invading her personal bubble. She considered whether to ask the person to kindly step back or to knee him in the balls until he drooped his chin on her shoulder.

"Where’s everyone, manager?" Myungsoo sleepily inquired. A complete 180 from his behavior this morning and last night too.

"Myungsoo?! Why aren't you at the salon?" She genuinely prayed that he didn't notice the redness creeping up her cheeks.

"I fell asleep. When I woke up, the guys were gone and so were you. I assumed you were buying us coffee, so I followed you." He mumbled.

At that moment, Ji Ae's cell phone vibrated, it's hum shaking the lining of her pocket. Unable to shake Myungsoo off her shoulder, she pressed her phone to her other ear and answered, "Yeobosayo?"

"Ji Ae! Be careful of Myungsoo!"

"He's a dangerous one!"

"Please don't let him pour salt into our drinks again!"

Myungsoo pulled the cell phone out of her hand and immediately hung up on the loud chattering. Ji Ae opened her palm for her device back, but he turned her back towards the front, directing her attention to the awaiting cashier.

"Hello! What would you like to order?"

"Can I have seven Americanos and one Caffè latte please?" Ji Ae relayed after some deliberations.

"Actually, make that six Americanos and two cafe lattes, please."

Ji Ae stared at him, puzzled over what had come over him while handing over the 100,000 won.

"I'm sorry, but we don't accept bills larger than 50,000 won."

Myungsoo whisked out his Starbucks gift card for the employee to complete the transaction as Ji Ae sheepishly stowed the money and her returned cell phone away.The two walked off to the side with receipt in hand. Ji Ae gnawed on her lips, worried if they would make it bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter