Day 2: Angel And Devil

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Triple chapter update today in honor of our lovely Dino's birthday (and because I at keeping track of which chapters are not drafted) ~

Ji Ae walked out of the tent on her own free will this time, which was a first for her and much to everyone's surprise. She could have leapt for joy in this iridescent pearl ensemble since it was essentially a cocktail dress with a sheer train in the back! One of the unnies called it a "high-low" dress, which sounded somewhat foreign to her ears but it was totally comfortable enough to move around in. Heck, she would sleep in this dress too if she could but the bejweled broach cinching the train at her lower left waist looked a bit deadly in its silver beauty.

For once, sensible heels were provided on this round, and Ji Ae could prance around the entire garden if she wished. Bless the creators for one inch t-strap heels or walking would have been impossible from this point on. Another plus was that her excessively curled hair was slightly straightened out, tied into a low side ponytail, and adorned with a simple black bow. Praise the heavens for having a face free of hair strands!

"Someone looks much happier." Woohyun mused as she marched passed him and the other members who were relaxing away since they were finished with their shoots.

"You don't even know." Ji Ae drawled as a stray wind illuminated the train of her dress to its maximum volume.

"Dun dun da dun~ dun dun da duuunnnn!" Hoya and Sungjong sang out. Not even those two's off-key marriage singing could put a damper on her mood. They seriously can't understand the marvelous freedom of this dress after three floor length gowns.

Ji Ae spotted the photographer carefully withdrawing some sort of object from a clear plastic box and handing it over to Dongwoo with equally great precision. She skipped the rest of the distance and finally arrived at their side, catching the last of his instructions.

"Try not to touch the actual petals as much as possible when you're tying this on her wrist since they are super delicate."

Ji Ae's jaw immediately dropped at the rainbow colored rose the crew had managed to attain for the shoot. Much to her dismay, these types of roses weren't exactly real but a result of man-made influence. Apparently, the National Rose Garden housed a special gift shop in a greenhouse where these multicolored flowers were produced everyday for the local customer as well as freshly picked roses too. 

The photographer warily eyed Ji Ae since she was so fixated on the corsage and had to snap at her a few times to get her attention right back where it was needed. "This is expensive, honey. We bought this last minute to guarantee its utmost vibrancy, so we must fly through this concept as fast as we can!"

She was quickly ushered to fountain located smack dab in the center of the vast garden, and Ji Ae could feel the temperature dropping slightly once she neared its perimeter. Dongwoo seemed to sense her discomfort and offered her an apologetic smile. "I'll try to get this done and over with so you don't get the chills."

What an absolute sweetheart!

Ji Ae only nodded in order to keep her teeth from chattering since the day was beginning to wind down after such extensive and consecutive shoots. Even though she adored this dress, she was a smidgen envious of Dongwoo's simple vest and tie attire. At least he was warm and in pants.

A sudden thought bubbled in her mind. "Wait, shouldn't we have started with this concept first? Couples initially do this before heading out to the venue."

"Like I said," the director offhandedly shouted from his bullhorn, "The rainbow rose took a while to get hold of. We'll chronologically release the pictures after some editing and processing, so don't you worry about it. Focus on the handsome man in front of you instead."

A decent amount of complaints arose from the rowdy Infinite boys who were interrupted from their spontaneous round of selcas at the sound of the photographer's compliments to the male model. They quieted down after the director stared in their direction and slightly narrowed his eyes.

It felt as if fairy wings were caressing her wrist as Dongwoo slowly knotted the creamy ribbon in place, all the while stealing quick glances at her from her outstretched arm as the photographer resumed his funny dance of jumping from place to place for the perfect lighting and angle. 

Everytime he looked up, Ji Ae was there to greet him with a curvaceous smile of her own. She was probably going to develop crow's feet at this rate, but she could care less because this oppa's happy vibes were very infectious. 

"YAH! Stop smiling so much or both of your mouths will tear!"

There was a momentary pause of the shutters clicking as the director tore off one of his expensive oxford loafers and hurled it at Woohyun despite being at least twenty feet away.

"Ow!"

He nonchalantly picked up his camera and continued taking pictures with one shoeless foot. A few moments later, he motioned for one of his many crew minions to hand him another plastic box containing a boutonniere this time. The rainbow rose was still lovely as ever with fresh green leaves peeking out at the edges and the creamy ribbon encapsulating everything into a thin stem three inches at the bottom. A large pin was secured to the back of the accessory, and it took Ji Ae several times to unhook it properly without pricking herself under the photographer's guidance.

"Okay, keep up with that exuberant atmosphere before I lose my other shoe!"

Stifling her laughter, Ji Ae found it easy to maintain her natural smile as she intently focused all her abilities into pinning the boutonniere at the designated spot on Dongwoo's lapel. Hopefully, she wouldn't stab him in the midst of all this because spending the night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter