Re-introductions

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did Ji Ae wish there was a full-on round of enthusiastic applause from her audience? And encouraging cliche words of ‘Congratulations!”, “Wish you good luck!”, or even a simple “Hwaiting!”? Yes, yes, and yes. Instead, she got this.

“Andwae! She needs to be taken back immediately.”

“We can’t have a trainee take care of us.”

“She’s inexperienced!”

“Those manager hyungs...I hope you’re feeling a chill in the Bahamas right now.”

Ji Ae, slumped in the center of the couch, couldn’t stop twisting her head to and fro from the snippets of heated arguments here and there. The pointless debates rambled on and on, their voices rising louder and louder in order for one to be heard above the rest. Even when she attempted to cup her ears with the throw pillows, nothing would seem to shut the seven boys up easily.

Chucking her makeshift earplugs aside, Ji Ae immediately stood up and shouted with the maximum amount of lung capacity she could afford, “ANNYEONGHASEYO! YOO JI AE -IMNIDA! I WILL BE YOUR MANAGER FOR THE WEEK! I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH INFINITE AGAIN. THANK YOU!”

With that, Ji Ae hopped back into her seat but not before accepting a glass of water from the platter that Woohyun oh so graciously prepared. The peace only lasted for so long after her brief announcement, much to her dismay, for her statement had added more fuel to the blazing fire.

What do I do?

                

~ 5 Minutes Later ~

"Now, don't you think basic greetings are in order after four long years?" Ji Ae momentarily halted in her pacing to the tongs in the boys' general direction.

All were seated in a straight line on their knees across the other side of the marble table, hands nicely folded on their lap and heads downcast in guilt with the exception of Hoya and his casted ankle.

"Yes, Ji Ae." They tersely replied in monotone.

The tongs shifted to its new target. "We'll start with you, leader-nim."

"When did she even sneak into the k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter