Day 2: Korea's Next Top Model Material

District 9: You Are My Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ji Ae-ah, please smile more naturally!"

She couldn't force the corners of upwards any longer due to the continuous albeit intangible pressure from the crew and Infinite themselves. For once, the boys' silence was more nerve wracking than their constant chattering since they were closely observing her and Sunggyu's shoot.

After Myungsoo's brilliant suggestion, Ji Ae was hustled into the dressing room, stripped of her casual clothes, and stuffed into a lavender gown with a thigh high slit and killer three inch heels. Talk about the best of both worlds in one dress. Her hair was styled fairly quick with the help of multiple heated curling irons and tons of hairspray, and her makeup was applied in a flash thanks to the experts before she was stubbornly delivered to Sunggyu, who was waiting near a wooden bench adjacent to a blossom tree.

"Sunggyu, your concept is 'enchantment'. I want you to look at Ji Ae as if she were an enchantress, a celestial being gracing her presence upon this bleak world! Give me your best bewitched look, okay?"

The leader confidently nodded although Ji Ae noticed that he swallowed several times since her arrival. The fact that he wouldn’t meet her gaze unnerved her a bit too. He was then directed about ten feet away with the hedge of lilac roses as his backdrop.

"Ji Ae, place your hand, the own with the corsage, on top of the bench. Now, look up towards the blossoms and lift your other arm as if to caress it!"

She complied with his instructions, squirming at first under everyone's watchful eyes but she quickly trained herself to focus only on what's above her. Eventually, the sound of the camera faded as Ji Ae was too busy observing a bee crawling in the center of one of the cherry blossoms.

If you come even one inch closer, you will meet my new friend called the smacking shoe.

"Nice job, Sunggyu! You had me fooled! Not bad, Ji Ae! Now go change!" The photographer concluded as Ji Ae was sent away for the next dress.

Sunggyu ran over to the Infinite members who were monitoring the screen of the captured moments and also stewing over the fact that the leader was looking too spellbound for their taste.

"You sure can do anything with those eyes, hyung."

"Why do you always get the good poses?"

"I should’ve been first."

Sunggyu dabbed his temples, exhilarated that his part was a success but mostly because Ji Ae didn't catch him oogling her from afar. "That was all a part of my stupendous acting." He boasted. But who was he kidding? He could say Hyuna was his bias all he wanted, but his heart was already claimed by the crass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter