The smell of bleach

I've Fallen for Us

After an hour of cleaning up the blood with bleach, which the smell made me cough some more but I managed to get every cleaned. I hide my clothes at the very bottom of my dresser and sit on the bed with a sigh, my chest tight and sore.

 

Why did that have to happen with them here...... I think to myself, shaking my head. It's happened before, but I don't think anything of it. I refuse to go to the hospital because I just want to believe that the phenomena took a toll on my body. 

 

My phone buzzes and I look to see who texted me.

 

Hey are you okay? Can I come over?~Yoongi.

 

I frown at the text, but type a quick reply and double check to make sure I didn't miss any blood before Yoongi gets here.

 

"Hey what was that about?" He asks about twenty minutes later, as he reaches my room.

 

"Why did it take so long to get here your room is at the end of the hall." I say curiously. He plops down next to me on the bed with a heavy sigh.

 

"I took Jungkook and Jimin out to lunch because they were worried about you and I wanted to calm them down a bit, Jimin kept making references to dramas he had just recently watched so I had to delete them off of his laptop...." he says slowly, recalling the previous events. I nod and lean back on the bed. The pain in my back its getting more precise and I try not to wince but he can tell I'm uncomfortable. "Taehyung what happened when we left?" 

 

I shake my head, looking anywhere but him.

 

"Taehyung." He says in a stern voice, grabbing my face in His hands and making me look him in the eye.

 

"Should I be worried?" He asks, a fatherly tone to his voice.

 

"No hyung." I reply.

 

He gives me a small nod and I offer him a smile, but he glares through it.

 

"You were coughing pretty hard Tae. Maybe I should take you to the hospital. Just to make sure your okay" He says. My eyes go wide and I grip the bed sheets slightly.

 

"No."

 

"Come on."

 

"No."

 

"Tae-"

 

"I can't go back to another stupid hospital." I say harshly. He looks at me with a shocked expression.

 

"Why? They're just gonna check to see if your okay."

 

"They're going to admit me." I state blankly.

 

"Why would they do that?" He asks, and it irritates me that he's being so nosy.

 

"How bad was it?"

 

I don't reply.

 

"Taehyung. How bad?" He asks, gripping my hands.

 

"Bad enough" I whisper. 

 

"Let me take you to the hospital" He begs, but I shake my head.

 

"I never want to be locked up in a hospital room again, waiting for my life to waste away. I can't watch my and Hoseoks parents stand and watch as I slowly slip away from them. I can't do it. I can't hurt my best friend anymore." I say, looking him in the eyes. His expression softens. He gets it. He knows what it's like being in the hospital, waiting for something to happen.

 

He spent years by his mother's side, watching her in pain as she slowly slipped away from him. The doctor had said she would live. He lied. She died a few nights before Christmas. He stopped talking, and had a dangerous habit. Each thin, deep line he cut was just another step towards being with his mother.

 

Of course his suicide attempt had failed. He didn't take enough pills, and he hadn't cut deep enough. His dad had found him on the cold tile floor in the bathroom, just on the verge of consciousness. He had to spend months in the hospital recovering, and after that was admitted into the local mental institution.

 

He's doing better now, for his father and younger sister. His sister, who was only a few months old when his mom died, had to see her brother in the blue hospital gown which was the only thing that gave the hospital room color, his wrists wrapped in white bandages.

 

I know sometimes he still struggles with the loss of his mother, but he's doing well. He's gotten stronger, to the point where he doesn't cry about it anymore. I have a feeling he doesn't wasn't to talk about this however, so I decide to change the subject.

 

"Don't you have a game tonight?" I ask. 

 

"Yeah, my team does." He says, nodding.

 

"Shouldn't you be getting ready then?" I say with a small chuckle, smiling at him.

 

"Well yeah I guess so. Actually Yeah your right I should go get ready. Your gonna be at the game tonight right?" He asks, the bed creaking from under him as he gets up.

 

"I wouldn't miss one of your basketball games" I say, giving him another huge smile. He smiles back, his gummy smile making me happier.

 

"Oh ey, Jungkook and Jimin are probably gonna want to see you." He says, and I nod.

 

"Send them over" 

 

"Okay. Oh and one last thing Jimin called Hoseok after all of that happened freaking out. I tried to stop him but he locked himself in the bathroom and it took about ten minutes to get him to calm down." He says slowly, waiting for my reaction. 

 

My chest grows heavy as the words sink in.

 

"He knows?" I whisper, glancing up at Yoongi who only nods. I give a small nod back and he sighs, going to the door.

 

"Good luck Taehyung..." 

 

"I'll see you tonight.." I say as he slips out of my room into the hallway. Hoseok knows. Not only does he know, he's gonna want to know what happened, if I'm okay. I don't think I could ever lie to him...

 

No. It's not lying if it's protecting him. Jungkook knocks on the door, and after a second enters, shutting it behind him.

 

"Where's Jimin?" I ask curiously. I thought Yoongi had said they were both coming.

 

"With Yoongi. Hyung are you okay??" He asks, rushing to the bed and sitting in front of me, taking my hands in his

 

"Hyung your freezing!!!" He says with a squeal, dropping my hands on the bed sheet. It was really cold in here, all except my chest, which was amost to hot.

 

"Put your hands under the blanket hyung!" He instructs, and I do as I'm told to not upset the younger.

 

"But seriously hyung, what happened??" He asks, now more focused on the problem at hand.

 

"Kook it was nothing, I'm fine" I say reassuringly, ruffling his hair with a smile. He looks at me for a moment before shaking his head away from me.

 

"No hyung. I'm serious. Something happened and I demand to know what." He says in a stern but determined voice. I sigh and look at him, his eyebrows creased with worry.

 

"Nothing happened. I just don't feel well, probably getting pneumonia again or something, but I'll be fine." I say blandly. It's not believable, but he nods, finally letting it drop. Or so I thought.

 

"If it doesn't get better I'm dragging you to the hospital and don't give a damn if you don't want to go. You don't have a choice and can't have your own opinion on it, deal?" He asks, daring me to look him I'm the eyes. But he knows I can't.

 

It's hard to look at him when he's in this mode of protecting, like a mother wanting to take care of her child. He's younger then me, but more observant and more mature then most my age, and for that I'm grateful. I'm glad to have Kookie here with me, because not only is he protective, I know that if needed he would do whatever to keep me safe and healthy. I know that because we're close, not as close as Hoseok and I, but he's like a brother to me. A very loving, supportive, protective brother.

 

"Deal." I say, nodding and finally looking I'll at him. I hadn't realized it, but he had my hands in his, his warm fingers keeping my frozen ones warm. I smile at him and he smiles back, his cute little rabbit teeth showing, hair fluffed up and perfect. He looks so sweet and innocent. It's hard to believe that someone like him has ever gone through such horrible struggles that he has.

 

"Hey hyung come on, tonight's Yoongi's game!!" He says, jumping up excitedly and pulling me with him to the door. I laugh and lock the dorm door behind me, heading over to the room whereYoongi is already ready for tonight. 

 

He greets us as we enter, smiling at us with his small, shy smile before turning around to look into the mirror, covering the scars on his arms with make up.

 

"Ready for tonight's game?" I ask.

 

"Not quite yet but almost." He replies, looking at me in the mirror. Jimin joins us a few minutes before we have to leave and Hoseok meets us at the game.

 

Later that night Hoseok complains about it smelling like bleach, by doesn't question it as he drifts off to sleep, hugging my pillow, which he stole from me, to his chest. I listen to his snoring fir a while before drifting off into a peaceful sleep as well.

__________________________________

Hi guys!!! :) yes my plan was to update tomorrow instead of tonight, well my original plan was to update tonight but then I was tired and was like nah I'll do it tomorrow but I decided to write and update tonight anyway. I'll still update tomorrow though >.< Like always, sorry for any spelling mistakes, if you think it's boring or anything so far then I'm sorry. I'll work hard to make this a good story for you guys!!! Thanks for everything, go check out my other fanfics and don't forget to up vote, subscribe and comment!!! :) <3