The Conclusion.

Fix Her, Kyungsoo

+Kyungsoo+

 

It was time.  

 

The time had come for Kyungsoo to forgo his life, and slip into the dark abyss of anesthesia. He locked eyes with Eunji one last time before looking away in silent sorrow, knowing that if something went wrong ... then that would be the last time he could meet Eunji's eyes. 

 

"Don't worry Eunji ... Remember our promise?" 

 

His heart sank as he saw how Eunji struggled to swallow her tears, he reached over and squeezed her hand for the last time.  

 

"Mr. Do, we must start." 

 

Kyungsoo nodded slowly, releasing his hand from Eunji's and finally turning away. 

The nurse began to squeeze the anesthesia syringe into his IV tube, and Kyungsoo felt his eyes flutter to a close, his mind drifting into a deep abyss.

 

+++++

 

She snuggled into his arms, her hair tickling his neck as he laughed throatily in joy. 

 

They were in a meadow together, sitting among the tall grasses, breathing in the scent of dirt and nature. They were in complete serenity together, grasping each other’s hands as if they were never going to do it again. 

 

He carefully a strand of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. Her skin as dewy in the crystalline light of the sun and her lip lips ever so slightly grinned as he observed her. In his eyesThe meadow’s light shifted and he gasped when he saw little roses bloom around the girl’s feet and stomach, she was the most beautiful thing his eyes have ever seen. 

 

The sight of him was like a fantasy. She beamed down at him, giggling slightly at his reaction. She kneeled down towards him and pressed her cherry lips on to his. Her lips tasted of chocolate and nature, and he deepened the kiss, yearning to taste her more. 

His lips formed the shape of a heart in the bliss of this happy paradise until he realized something. He pulled away and touched his hand to his chest. He wasn’t in pain anymore. 

He watched the girl stand up once again, flowers blooming even more around her. 

“I love you.” 

And just like that, the meadow grew dim and she was gone. 


+++++

Eunji felt an ache in her stomach, she imagined that it was from the anxiety of sitting in that waiting room for her boyfriend. 

 

There was a sharp pain and she tried to swallow but kept clenching. She tried to massage her stomach, but no matter what she did, she could not stop the taste that kept forming in the back of . She ran into the restrooms, and she shook violently as her stomach ejected the contents of her stomach into the toilet. 

 

The anxiety was too much for her, however, she never felt so sick because of it. 

She rinsed with the sink water, and she tidied herself before sitting back where she was in the waiting room. 

 

It had been 6 hours now since the operation had started, and Kyungsoo was due out anytime soon. 

She closed her eyes and prayed that Kyungsoo would come out of the surgery alive, why should such an angel be lost to a terrible disease like that? 

 

“Miss Eunji?” 

 

Eunji leaped up from her chair and rushed to the nurse who had called for her. She recognized her as the one who put in the anesthesia, and she searched the nurse’s face for any signs of the surgery. 

 

“Please come with me.” 


Eunji felt a sense of relief that the nurse didn’t seem to have anything somber in her tone, but monotonous like the usual. The nurse led her to a room and gestured for her to enter. 

 

She burst through the door and looked around. 

 

She was confused as to why there were a bunch of doctors and surgeons all gathered together and she frantically began to search the room, hoping that Kyungsoo was hidden somewhere. 

 

“Where is he?” 

 

Her voice began to shake when she saw the expressions of the people in the room, and she began to shake her head in disbelief. 

She didn’t need an answer for them to know. 

 

“No..No no no no no…” 

 

She fell to the ground and she again felt a sharp sting in her stomach, her eyes dry in shock, unable to produce tears. 

 

“Miss Eunji, we are so sorry. We did everything we can, but I am afraid that the new heart did not work for his body… We can get you with one of our therapists or a funeral specialist-”

 

“No.” Eunji sharply interrupted the doctor, “Let me see him.” 

 

The doctor silently complied and took her to a door in the back of the room.

He opened the door, and let Eunji in. 

She sharply inhaled from her nose as she saw the silhouette of a man she used to love under a white tarp. Carefully sitting next to the hospital bed, Eunji gingerly uncovered the face of Kyungsoo. 

 

It was his soft features. His face relaxed with all emotions and hurt. His eyes were closed in bliss, his thick lashes as charming as ever. His small nose that would flare slightly when he was upset, his pink lips...His pink lips that would always beam at her even when he was in pain. He was freed from his pain. 

 

He was gone. 

He came to her so fast, riding her through the pleasures of life. 

He was the first man to release her from her trauma. 
He was her first boyfriend. 

He was her first kiss. 

He was her… first. 

He made her look at every crevice of life and lit up her world so quickly. 

And just as fast he was gone. 

 

+++++

Author’s note

Now I only have the epilogue left of the fanfiction, and it really has been such a ride writing this story and I thank all of my readers who have stuck diligently with me throughout the years. 

I will fully edit this entire story soon as well, but thank you so much, everyone!

I hope this chapter wasn’t too sad! 

Until next time

XOXO,

 

exoexoverdose