Options

Fix Her, Kyungsoo

 

 

 

“Promise me.”

I shook my head and pulled my hand away from his grasp. No way will I ever leave him, no way will I ever--I looked at his frail figure, his papery skin, the sadness in his eyes. If I don’t agree, would he leave this earth on a sad note?

I took his hand and linked pinkies with him again. I uttered words that felt like sandpaper to my throat,

“I....I....promise.”

Kyungsoo finally smiled a little, and started to wheel himself back into his room. He stopped in front of the doorframe, turning to look at me.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

////////////////////////////////////////

I laid restlessly on my bed, checking the clock for the millionth time this past hour.

2:33am....2:33am and a half....2:34am....

“Argh!” I ran my fingers through my hair in complete frustration. I pulled up my laptop and opened  a new tab on my browser. Desperately, I searched up any topics with “heart tumor” and “fix.”

 

www.heart2heart.exo - “Heart tumors and how it happens”

www.getit.bts - “Buy the  new ‘I survived and fixed my heart!’ T-shirt today”

www.donorsallaround.infinite - “find a donor to save a loved one”

 

Wait...the last one seems interesting…

 

I clicked on the link and it led me into the site. A way to fix Kyungsoo, just ONE way to fix Kyungsoo. I read the paragraph concerning heart tumors, continuously going back and looking up any unknown medical term.

Heart tumors are not a small obstacle in life, however any obstacle has a way for you to get past it.

Recently, a scientist discovered that you could have a heart transplant  to fix it, if you could  find a donor. Donors come from people who have been declared brain dead and whose family had chose to donate organs.  Brain death is a permenant condition usually due to severe head injury....

“A heart-transplant?”

I called the number

 

Hello?

 

May I have some information on a heart transplant for one of your patients named Do Kyungsoo?

 

A heart transplant? Are you asking if we have any donors?

 

Yes Ma'am

 

Hold on a minute sweetie, I'll go check our system.

 

Hello?

 

I'm back and congratulations! We just got a donor yesterday, what luck!

 

Could I just go sign the papers when I visit Kyungsoo later?

 

Sure, thank you for calling, goodnight.

 

I hung up and finally let loose a really hard knot that was stuck inside of my heart.

 

Kyungsoo now has a chance to live, breathe.

 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 

In the morning, the first thing I did was drive to the hospital. I dashed to the front desk and asked for the papers that I needed to sign.

 

"Are you absolutely sure about this?" The nurse asked worriedly, "There is a chance he might not wake up after the sugery."

 

I didn't hesitate to sign, the survival rates were high...right?

 

Gripping the paper in my hand, I gave the form over to the nurse.

 

"Please just...take it away."

 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

3rd person POV

 

Kyungsoo stared up at the ceiling, in a complete trance with his now dull eyes. His eyes no longer sparkled, Eunji never got to see his heart smile, and his beautiful voice was...broken. Eunji carefully took his hand,

 

"Kyungsoo...Can you look over at m—"

 

"It hurts." He suddenly said, not turning to look at Eunji.

 

"W-what?"

 

"Hurts, let go."

 

His words hurt her with a pang, and she quickly let go of his hand.

 

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo, I just—"

 

Kyungsoo swallowed, "Stop talking, echoes."

 

Eunji bit back tears, why is he like this? She opened to speak, but closed it. Right then, a nurse entered the room. Eunji quickly rushed over to her, in complete distress.

 

"Why is he like this? Why is he acting so...cold?"

 

"Its the medicine, it'll wear off." She went over and checked Kyungsoo's blood pressure as he kept chanting 'hurts, stop'. "He doesn't know what he is saying, or who he is saying it to. It also alters his personality a bit, but don't worry! It should go away in a couple of minutes."

 

She took all of her supplies and left Eunji there with Kyungsoo.

 

Eunji proceeded to sitting next to Kyungsoo, only looking at him.After a couple of minutes, the medicine's effect wore off, his dull eyes started to move away from the ceiling, and he let Eunji touch his hands. Out of nowhere Kyungsoo spoke up, this time in his normal warm voice.

 

"Eunji?"

 

"Yea?"

 

"Do you think it will hurt?"

 

"What will hurt?" Her voice started to tremble, knowing all to well about what he was talking about.

 

"When I leave." His voice trembling too.

 

A lone tear traced down Eunji's face, and she gathered her strength to speak.

 

"You won't leave, I-" She paused, trying to not break down,"I found another option for you to take so you could live...you could have surgery."

 

"But there is not a big chance for-"

 

"I know."

 

Not a big chance that he will survive.

 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AUTHORS BIT 

 

The latest update EVER and I have no excuses

 

This chapter is quite fast paced and I am greatly sorry if this was a terrible chapter...

This is making me sad wth...this is my own story for pete's sake...

 

*I think I watch waaayyyy to many korean dramas...*

 

COMMENTING makes me super super pumped to type another chapter so comment comment comment

 

XOXO

 

bai.