Promise me

Fix Her, Kyungsoo

“He has a heart tumor.”

 

Silence.

 

I stood there in shock, my torso just rigid in terror. It felt like my breath was taken from me. Do Kyungsoo, my savior, my love, my life, has a tumor that only God could decide if he would survive or not. I swallowed the knot in my throat, holding back the tears that threatened to fall.

 

“Can it be fixed?” I asked in a more stronger and annoyed voice, annoyed at the fact fate decided to play with my life.

 

The doctor avoided my burning and watery gaze, and took a deep breath before answering,

“Let him stay at the hospital, it will give him a little more time...until…” and he didn’t continue, he didn’t NEED to continue.

 

He nodded his head solemnly one last time, and before he returned into the emergency room, he handed me a business card.

 

It read,

 

Roses For Your Loved Ones  a top-notch funeral planning business! call 123-456-ROSE for more information”

 

The doctor pat my shoulder, “I suggest you start planning now.”

 

and with that, he returned into the room.

 

/////////

 

Its been days since Kyungsoo’s heart level finally calmed down, and all was left was to wait for him to wake up.

 

I stared at the card in my hand, letting all the things the doctor said before sink in. The held back tears were freed and were tracing down my face. Slowly the card was crushed by my hand and thrown to the ground.

 

“Why does this happen to me?” I yelled at nobody.

“There are billions of other girls in this world, but I have to be the one who finally finds the light in my life, only to see it disappear right before my eyes!”

 

I was sitting in the chair next to the room Kyungsoo was resting in, with my knees pulled  close to my face, just letting out all my hatred and sorrow out in tears. Suddenly I felt a hand wipe my tears off of my face, and I looked up to see who it was.

 

The warm brown eyes, the dark hair, the heart-shaped lips...

 

Kyungsoo.

 

He was in a wheelchair, clad in hospital clothes, and his face was paler than usual. He tried cracking a smile with his chapped lips, but his eyes were still full of pain.

 

“Yah...Don’t cry–” He coughed, “Who said I was going to leave?”

 

I shook my head and continued to cry.

 

“Everyone said that, the doctors, the nurses, everyone is sayi–”

 

Kyungsoo stopped my rambling by placing a finger on my lips to shush me.

 

“EunJi, can you promise me something?”

 

“What?” I hiccuped.

 

He weakly took my hand,

 

“We are in love right? I still fall for you everytime I look at your face, my heart will only belong to you. But it seems like fate turned their scissors towards my heartstrings. For the remaining time I have, could you promise me that we would spend it without sorrow? And when my time comes, I don’t want you to feel pain for the rest of your life and hold onto me. Promise me that you’re  going to move on, do great things, have a happy life, and...and...meet better people.

 

He linked his pinky with mine,


“Promise me.”

 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

 

Author's Bit<3

 

I haven't updated in forEVER

This chapter is rewritten because, as you guys know, my file for this chapter was lost.

however, I feel like this newly written one is better ^_^

 

sorry for the LATEST update ever... ;-;

 

XOXO

         Exoexoverdose