I feel safe in your arms

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

Se Young is not one who endulged herself in the use of social media, much like other celebrity who are involved in films and dramas. It’s completely the opposite with what idols does, social media is one of the important tools they can utilize to communicate with their fans. They share status updates and selcas as a form of fans service.

Se Young logged in her twitter. She receives a barrage of notifications, to be fair, she seldom logged in her twitter anyway. She randomly opens one notification only to find a link to the exact same picture she found on the news timeline she read earlier, complete with several malicious comments from netizens. Judging from what’s written, he/she obviously doesn’t like Se Young. Her face stiffen. Her first reaction is anger, what do these people know about me? How can they write such wicked things? And so on. She grew curious and opens one link after another. She doesn’t find anything reassuring, not even one. So this is what I’m up against when I decided to date Jang Woo Young, the idol. As much as she wants to hold it in, a teardrop falls right on her phone screen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JYP Nation meeting didn’t last long, basically it was more like a briefing, informing everybody about schedules and accommodations for their One Mic Concert in Hong Kong. They are scheduled to leave Seoul on August 29th. One by one, the idols start to leave the practice room, back to their respective schedule for the day. Woo Young was about to leave the room when Junho stopped him.
Junho: woo young-ah, let’s finish what we discuss earlier in the pantry, I want to settle everything before our One Mic Concert.

Park Jin Young, who accidentally hears what Junho said, chimes in..

Pjy: I have to agree with Junho, settle things out before we go to Hong Kong. Behave guys, remember that we are a family.

 

Park Jin Young gives Junho a pat on his shoulder, he shakes each members’s hand and lastly put his hand around Woo Young’s shoulder.

Pjy: a gentleman never runs from his problem.. fighting!

Jwy: thanks hyungnim..
 

Once Park Jin Young and other staff left the room, Junho continues..

Junho: yaa! Sunmi and Kim Semi, where do you think you’re going?!

 

Sunmi freezes and turns to her seat, so is Kim Semi. Jinwoo and Jokwon haven’t moved from their seat, somehow feeling that their presence will be very much needed. This time JunK speaks up.

JunK: anyone care to explain what is happening? We haven’t settled woo young’s problem and now what? Another one? Come on guys, we have a big day coming, can’t we just focus on our work?
Jwy: guys, I’m sorry but I really have to go, there’s someone I need to see. Just talk it out here, I’ll be back as soon as I can.
 

Nobody said a word, they can see the desperation in Woo Young’s face. He hastily left the room, half walking half running through the corridor. He didn’t find Se Young where he left her, he panicked. How do I find her? I don’t even have my phone with me. He clenches his fists in frustration. Something crosses his mind, but it can’t be.. He ran to the stairs, didn’t even bother to use the elevator. His mind is racing to get to Se Young as fast as he can. He opened the basement practice room door only to find Se Young sitting on the sofa in a laid-back position, with her eyes closed and phone clenched on one hand. He approaches Se Young stealthily, thinking that she’s sleeping and afraid to wake her up. He sat next to her and made as little movement as he possibly can.
Jwy: (speaking in whispers) park se young-ie.. are you sleeping?
Psy: I’m not (her voice is trembling, she doesn’t open her eyes)

Jwy: are you tired? I’m finished with the meeting, we can go now if you want.

Psy: (opens her eyes and a stream of tears comes running down her face)

Jwy: se young-ah..

Seeing the woman he loves in tears puts Woo Young in a fragile position, it feels like his whole world crumbles. For a split second, he doesn’t know what to do, it’s like his brain suddenly forgot how to operate. When he was finally able to move his limbs, he put his hands around Se Young and hugged her tightly. She did not resist, she decided to put all her weight in his embrace. They hugged in silence, Se Young with her tears and Woo Young with his regret. They don’t know exactly how many minutes passed before she starts to move.

Psy: woo young-ah, I can’t breathe..

Jwy: oh, I’m sorry. Are you okay?

Psy: I’m okay now (puts on a smile on her teary-eyed face)

Jwy: what are you doing here? let’s go upstairs. (wiping her tears with his hands)

Psy: can we just stay here for a while? I need some time to calm myself.

Jwy: se young-ah, I’m so sorry. Maybe you were right, I shouldn’t have brought you here.

Psy: it’s not that.. (she didn’t finish her words, suddenly feels hesitant)

Jwy: what is it? (quickly glances at her hand still clutching her phone, he grabs it quick enough and finally see what she was looking at earlier)

Psy: woo young-ah..

Jwy: se young-ah, I’ve told you before, you don’t have to read this kind of rubbish. They don’t know anything. And surely we don’t owe them any explanation. (closing all the news articles and pictures she opened on her phone)

Psy: I know, I couldn’t help it.
Jwy: I know this is hard for you, I’m sorry. I should’ve waited for you in the lobby. I didn’t do it on purpose, you know? It was..

Psy: what is it?

Jwy: when I arrived at the lobby, I went straight to the toilet. I thought it wouldn’t take long, I’ll be back at the lobby by the time you come in. Turns out it was under repairment, so I decided to go to the one near the pantry. I heard someone arguing inside, it was Junho and Sunmi, they were talking about us.

Psy: (puzzled look)

Jwy: so, I can’t help myself but to intervene.

Psy: what do you mean by us? Us? (pointing at herself and woo young)
Jwy: yeah.. It was Sunmi who posted on her twitter about today’s JYP Nation meeting, it got spread, that’s why it was so crowded this morning up at the front. I didn’t know a thing about that twitter post she made, that’s why I brought you here. My intention was to introduce you to my colleagues. I never thought it would turn up like this. The worst thing is, someone took pictures of you, though blurry, you’ve seen it right?

Psy: hmm..

Jwy: It still amazes me sometimes, the way they do things so fast. Those pictures were taken this morning, now almost all gossip websites got hold of it. You know what they wrote? Did Jang Woo Young sneakily brought his non-celebrity girlfriend to JYP Building? (rolls his eyes in disbelief)
Psy: I really don’t know what to say..

Jwy: It ! Netizens reacted so fast, they feed on this kind of things. People who doesn’t support us in the show (we got married) from the beginning, the ones who created the issue about my non-celebrity girlfriend, started their own fan wars. (sigh)
Psy: reading those things were scary, at least for me. What’s up with that “non-celebrity girlfriend” woo young-ah?

Jwy: that was pure gossip! I didn’t have any girlfriend! All that scandal about the members’ night life, hanging around at clubs? Oh please! You know I only have one ex-girlfriend.

Psy: (suddenly, the song “this is love” playing in her mind) ok, no need to give me further details.

Jwy: it’s all in the past

Psy: what made Junho angry then?
Jwy: It’s Junho, he takes this kind of things seriously. He is very concerned about anything that would triggered a scandal.
Psy: why was he arguing with Sunmi? Does he know something I don’t?

Jwy: what are you saying?

Psy: how about kim semi?! 

Jwy: kim semi? She was never my girlfriend in the first place, we went to the same dance school.

Psy: you never have any feelings for her?

Jwy: never. I’m pretty sure about that.
Psy: but you were close?

Jwy: I consider her as one of my bestfriend. Period. Will you stop it? (unintentionally rising his voice)

Psy: why are you angry?

Jwy: why are we talking about this? About Kim Semi? Are you jealous?

Psy: no, I’m not!!

Jwy: se young-ah, we’ve talked about this before. I have nothing to hide. Don’t get influenced by those malicious comments and articles. Come on, let’s go upstairs, everybody’s waiting for us.

 

Woo Young stands up and pulls Se Young from the sofa. She doesn’t even realize that she’s still wearing Khun’s mickey mouse jacket. He pulls down the zipper and takes the jacket off of her, straighten her messy hair.

Jwy: you look so pretty today, I’m sorry for making you cry.

Psy: it’s okay. I’m okay now.

Jwy: have you any idea how I feel seeing you cry like that?

Psy: hmm?

Jwy: I feel like kissing you

Psy: should I close my eyes? Or should I cry some more? (yes, she wants that kiss)

Jwy: aigoo..

 

Woo Young holds Se Young face in his hands and planted a playful kiss on her lips, a quick one. They stare into each other’s eyes. it’s like they’re having a mutual understanding that they need to move on from this issue, it’s just not worth a single ounce of their worry.

Jwy: park se young..

Psy: hmm..

Jwy: saranghae..

 

Se Young knows that words are just words. She can’t really explain but she feels safe in Woo Young’s arms. That words gives her some kind of assurance, that this man’s heart belongs to her. She closes her eyes. Woo Young quickly picks up on this code, she closes her eyes, she wants me to kiss her. He pulls her closer with one hand on her waist and one on her neck. He kisses her passionately this time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------