I want to believe in you

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

Jwy: se young-ah.. where are you? I’m done with the fruits.

 

Woo Young called Se Young out from the living room but there was no answer. He called her once more before deciding to put the fruit platter on the coffee table and steps into his room. She was sitting upright on the sofa with his phone clutched in her hand, though he didn’t notice it at first.

Jwy: se young-ah, what are you doing? Didn’t you hear me? I called you out twice.


Still no response. Everything went well before so he didn’t sense anything wrong with the way she was behaving. He casually sat beside her.

Jwy: se young-ah, do you still want to eat some fruit? Or should we just continue.. you know.. ( her back)

Psy: do you have anything you want to tell me?

 

Her tone was sharp, making him grew even more uncomfortable.

Jwy: hmm? What are you talking about?

Psy: you know that I don’t like being lied to

Jwy: what? Lied to? Who? (in total confusion)

He reached over to hold her hand, but she wards it like it was nothing.

Jwy: se young-ah, what happened?

Psy: you tell me!

Jwy: is this some kind of candid camera? (stubbornly still tried to kid around)

 

He tried to hug her but she stood up abruptly.

Psy: I’m not joking

Jwy: are u mad? Why? I don’t understand, a moment ago we were just.. come here you..

 

He grabbed her hand and pull her down to sit. She obliged but threw her gaze on anything other than him.  
Jwy: what is it? Tell me..

Psy: (how do I say this? I don’t want to be that weird person who rummages through her boyfriend’s phone.)

Jwy: se young-ah, you have to tell me in order for me to understand.
Psy: (what should I do? I do trust him, but the text messages I read earlier, what the hell was that?)

Jwy: how am I supposed to understand when you’re being silent like this?

Psy: (he told me that the rumor was not true and I believe him. Am I being too gullible? Am I being blinded by my feelings for him?)

Jwy: seriously, why are you being mad all of a sudden for no reason?

Psy: it’s not for no reason!

Jwy: what is it then? (starts to feel frustrated) 
Psy: I want to go home, now!

Jwy: (grabbed her wrist) you’re not going anywhere without explaining first.

Psy: I know about everything. I have my suspicions, but now it’s confirmed.
Jwy: (sighs) what are you talking about??
Psy: (held out his phone)  

Jwy: what’s this?
Psy: see it for yourself!

Jwy: (confused look on his face)

Psy: check your recent missed calls and messages

Jwy: (checking his recent missed calls and found the unknown number) I don’t know who this is, seriously.

Psy: oh, please! This is what you’ve been hiding from me. This was the reason you disappeared on me this morning at the company, wasn’t it?
Jwy: I did not disappear on you. We talked about this, I explained the situation to you, even the boys did too. Why are we at it again?? (threw his hands in frustration)

Psy: you may think everything’s over. Done. (snatched his phone) But this?

 

She opened the messaging application to find the text messages she read earlier.

Psy: text message number one!

 

”Woo Young-ssi, I’m disappointed in you. A lot. After all this time we spent believing in you and it was for nothing. I’d never think that you have the heart to hurt your fans the way you did, that woman doesn’t even compare to you.”  

Woo Young was taken aback, his words were stuck in his mouth while trying to process what he just heard.
Jwy: who the hell sent that?

Psy: beats me! You didn’t save the number. Text message number two!

 

“Are you trying to boast her around? What is it that you’re proud of? We’ve been supporting you for the past five years up till now. Is this how you repay us? Not only you’ve hurt your fans, you’ve also hurt the one woman who faithfully stand by your side from the beginning. Thanks to that stupid show. Don’t you remember your struggle together with her? How she was always there for you in every step of the way?”

His furrow deepened as she continued reading, his expression turned stiff.
Psy: up to the second text, I’m actually still okay. Anyone could have sent this, although how they got your private number is beyond me. Text message number three..

 

He could hear her voice trailed off, he immediately grabbed his phone and read the two messages with his own two eyes. His face hardened even more when he read the last message.

“Oppa, I love you.

-Kim Semi-“
 
Kim Semi is an old friend of Woo Young, way back from the time when he started to take dancing seriously, they got acquainted in a dancing class. After he joined JYPE, he even helped her to join the company, being friends for so long and knowing her ability and passion in dancing. She often performs as a dancer in JYP's concert ever since. They grew apart in the last couple of years due to his busy schedule.

Jwy: this is the reason you're upset?

Psy: what would you do if you were in my shoes? Laugh it off like it was nothing?

Jwy: se young-ah, listen to me. Whoever sent that text messages, I don't care. I only care about you, about us, that's all.
Psy: but what's her intention by saying those things? Is she confessing or what?

Jwy: how do I know? And why should I care?

Psy: who's number is it?

Jwy: she identified herself as Kim Semi. But who knows? It can be anyone, posing as Kim Semi, not the real Kim Semi that I know of.

Psy: do you have her number on your phone?

Jwy: who? Kim Semi?

Psy: yeah, if you do, you can check if it's really her or not.

Jwy: you seriously want me to check?

Psy: well, you said it yourself, you care about me.
Jwy: I can't believe that you would get upset over this, it's not even a big deal.

Psy: it is, at least for me. Some girl confessed her love to you! Yes, we don't know whether it's really her or not, but it must be someone close. How on earth would she know that you and Kim Semi are long time friends?!

Jwy: (choked on his own words, realizing that she got a point) do you trust me?

Psy: I do.

Jwy: so, what seems to be the problem?

Psy: I don't trust whoever sending those messages, Kim Semi or not.

Jwy: uuugghhh!!
Psy: I have my suspicions over what happened this morning and now those text messages..

Jwy: we don’t even know who sent it!

Psy: are you covering for her?

Jwy: what? Se young-ah..

Psy: you can easily check by calling back that number, why do you seem so reluctant?

Jwy: I don’t feel the need to prolong this matter, it’s an unknown number for God’s sake.

Psy: let me do it then!

Jwy: suit yourself. If that unknown number really is Kim Semi, u’ll get even more upset and we’ll fight. Is that what you want?

Se Young reached out for her bag and fish out her phone to dial a number.
Psy: oppa, can you come and pick me up at..

 

Woo Young snatched her phone in a flash.

Jwy: excuse me, lee jae-ssi, this is woo young. It’s okay, don’t bother, I’m going to take her home later. Yes, thank you.

Psy: what do you think you’re doing?

Jwy: I’ll take you home. Later.

Psy: I want to go now!

Jwy: you’re not going anywhere until we solve this (suddenly talking in his Busan dialect). I’m gonna be in Hong Kong in a couple of days, to work. I don’t want to leave you in this state, do you think I’ll be able to concentrate? Se Young-ah, please..   

Woo Young reached for his phone and called someone.
Jwy: Junho-ya, do you happen to have Kim Semi’s number? Send it to me now, I’ll explain later. Okay, thanks.


Several minutes passed by before he received a message from Junho, it’s Kim Semi’s contact number. He didn’t even check whether it’s the same number with the one before, he dialed immediately and..

 

“the number you are calling is not active..”

 

Jwy: damn it!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------