I just need to be here

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

The clock shows 7pm KST. Before she started filming today, Se Young asked her root manager Hwan-ssi to cram her schedule so she can leave the filming set earlier than she should have. It’s her first, asking to leave early, but she has something urgent in her mind that needs to be done. Fortunately, the Director gives his permission and now Se Young is in her van waiting for her assistants to pack her things. Hwan-ssi approaches her, talking from outside the van through an open window.

Hwan-ssi (H): Se Young-ah, are you okay?

Psy: yeah, I’m okay. What is it?

Hwan-ssi: nothing, I’m just worried. Do you want me to make an appoinment with your doctor?
Psy: no, oppa, I’m okay. Really. I just have something that I need to do.

H: what is it? Can I help you with something?

Psy: It’s kinda personal
H: why are you being so secretive about this?

Psy: I’ll tell you later, okay? (stares at hwan-ssi with pleading eyes)

H: you know I trust you, right? Please don’t do anything stupid.

Psy: I won’t. You know me.

H: I don’t think I know you anymore.

Psy: what’s that supposed to mean?

H: you’re different since.. since..

Psy: (confused look)

H: since you fell in love with your virtual husband hahaha

Psy: oppa!! (jokingly hits hwan-ssi)
H: he really makes you happy, huh?

Psy: is it obvious?

H: (shakes his head) you silly girl. Just watch it you Jang Woo Young-ie, if you dare make this girl cry, I will break your beast idol legs! (talking to himself)

Psy: oppa!

H: you know I’m kidding, right? How is he going to feed you if I break his legs? Hahaha

Psy: seriously, you scares me sometimes..

H: se young-ah, you’re like a sister to me. Just tell me if you need any help, okay?

Psy: thank you, oppa.

H: oh, I’m so sorry about the scheduling thing, I really wish I can do something about it, but my hands are tied. I know you really want to go to his concert in Hong Kong, but there’s nothing I can do.

Psy: it’s okay, oppa. It’s not your fault.

H: I’ll email your schedule later, don’t stay up too late, okay? What would Jang Woo Young-ie do to me if you’re sick? Aigoo.. 
Psy: oppa!! Stop it! (smiling happily, knowing that at least her manager has her back)

Hwan-ssi walks back to the filming set, Se Young stares at his slowly fleeting figure in the dark. He may look rough on the outside, but he’s really soft at heart. He always takes care of Se Young and her assistants, treating them like his own sisters. Se Young closes the window and leans back on her seat. She’s alone in the van, the quiet surroundings allows her to drown in her own thoughts. She grabs her phone and opens the netizen web page, she starts to type a keyword and scrolls down at the result, her heartbeat increases rapidly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(In the van, en route from the filming location)

Jae (J): se young-ssi, we’re going to that place?

Psy: yes, please.
Ys: where are you going se young-ah?

Se Young doesn’t dare to look Yuan Seo in the eyes, she keeps averting her gaze out through the side window.

Psy: you’ll know later, eonni. I know you’ll understand. I’m not going to turn off my phone, so you won’t have anything to worry about, okay?

Ys: tsk! I don’t like the sound of this
 

Despite her concern and curiousity, Yuan Seo doesn’t want to ask too many questions. She’s wondering whether Woo Young has contacted Se Young, she didn’t hear anything from Amy since their chat on Kakaotalk several hours ago.

Psy: Yuri-ah, you have my bags ready? Have you packed everything I asked you to?

Y: I have it right here, eonni. (hands over a small-sized backpack to se young)

Psy: thanks. Jae oppa, I’ll call you tomorrow to let you know where to pick me up and what time.

J: ok, se young-ssi.



They finally arrive at their destination

J: we’re here. Where do you want to get off?

Psy: just turn around there and go to the main entrance, wait until the officer on duty asks for our pass card. 
 

Jae stops the van right in front of the main entrance of an apartment complex, the security is extra tight. Two men wearing a black suit approaches their van. Se Young rolls down her window. 
Security Officer (SO): good evening. I’m sorry, but our censor does not recognize your plate number. How can we help you?
Psy: good evening sir. This is the first time I come here with this car, it’s still unregistered. Here is my pass card.

 

The security officer receives Se Young’s pass card and puts it in a device that looks like a card reader.

SO: I’m sorry Miss Park, for not recognizing your van (hands back se young’s pass card). Are you all going inside?

Psy: oh, no. They’re going to head back out after dropping me off. Can you show me where to get off safely, sir? 

The security officer understands what Se Young means, he is used to this kind of request. 

SO: your van can enter through this main entrance, go straight to parking lot C. You’ll find a door at the right side, it will lead to an elevator that will take you straight to your floor. After dropping you off, your van can follow the directions toward the exit. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Psy: that will be all, thank you for your help. Good evening sir.

SO: good evening.

Se Young closes her window and asks Jae oppa to go according to the security officer’s direction. The road to parking lot C is flanked by a line of trees that basically prevents anyone to see the door leading to the elevator. The lights are also quite dim, it makes Se Young feel secure. Jae oppa stops the van right in front of a glass door.
Psy: Jae oppa, wait for my call tomorrow. Eonni, I’m going to sleep here, I’ve told mom and dad so you can just go home after this. Have some rest, it has been a long day.
Ys: just be careful, okay? Wear your sweater and put on the hoodie, don’t take any risk. (yuan seo shoots a concern look to se young)
Psy: relax, no reporters are allowed in here.

Ys: you should be careful anyway.
Psy: I know, eonni. Just go now. I’ll see you tomorrow.
Ys: ok, see you tomorrow.
 

Se Young puts on her sweater and pull up the hoodie. She also wears her sunnies, just to be safe. These things are necessary, she has been a hot topic among netizens since she started her virtual wedding with Jang Woo Young, people starts to think that they are real. She gets off from the van and goes straight to the elevator, it opens right away after she pushes the button. She punches in the floor number and hoping that she doesn’t have to ride the elevator with anyone. She steps out of the elevator, looking right and left to make sure that there’s no one around. She quickly heads to the right and after walking for a few meters arrives at unit No. 2008. She types in the password and hastily steps in the apartment, closing the door behind her. The dim lights on the corridor automatically turns on. She walks further inside to find the light switch, she knows by heart where it is located, this is not her first time coming here. Yes, it’s Jang Woo Young’s apartment, his virtual husband on We Got Married, or to certain people’s knowledge, her boyfriend in real life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------