I miss you so much it hurts

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

A thousand miles away across the ocean, 2PM members is having a rehearsal for the One Mic Concert. Amy is pacing back and forth, considering the right time to relay the message she received around ten minutes ago through her kakaotalk, it was from Yuan Seo. Woo Young is still busy with rehearsal, she wouldn’t want to ruin his mood. He’s in high spirits, with no trace of exhaustion on  his face, eventhough he has to repeat the same part for several times. Amy is peeking from backstage, she can see him at the far side of the stage fooling around with Chansung and Taec, apparently done with their part. Amy is about to approach him when all the people on stage gathers and forms a big circle, giving applauses to one another. The rehearsal finally ends at 4pm Hongkong time. Amy decided to tell him later, they have to hurry and go back to the hotel, she wants him to have enough time to rest and get prepared for the concert tonight.   

Inside the van heading back to the hotel, Woo Young closes his eyes and puts on his headphones. He turns up the volume and immediately immersed in the rhythm of the indie music in his iPod playlist. His thought flies back to one person he misses the most. It’s not even 24 hours since the last time he saw her, but her image is running around in his head. He misses her slightly messy bob hair. He misses her big eyes, with that overpowering intense gaze. He misses her chubby cheeks. He misses.. her lips. Woo Young sighs in silence.. he misses his arm pillow. Suddenly, he can hear her voice.. from his headphones.

ni moseup jeon boda deo jogeumeun eoneudeot jinjihan (You seem a bit more serious than before)

neomu manhi jogeuphae hajineun ma (Don’t be in too much of a rush)

mal an haedo ni mameul neukkyeo (I can feel your heart even if you don’t say it)
 
Woo Young opens his eyes, he reaches to his backpack and takes out his phone. After putting in the password, the most beautiful face appears on the screen, smiling at him. He didn’t realize that he still have his headphones on, he mumbles a little too loud.. 

Jang Woo Young (jwy): park se young-ie..

Nickhun (Khun): hey bro, I’m khun, not park se young-ie.. (jokingly gives woo young a light punch on his shoulder) If you miss her, just call her, okay?

 

Being shocked by Nickhun’s shoulder punch, Woo Young immediately takes off his headphones. JunK, who sits behind Woo Young, pokes his head between the seats and has full view of Woo Young’s home screen.

Jwy: aaahh! Hyung!

JunK: wow! Se young-ssi is so pretty!

Jwy: tell me something I don’t know

JunK: I’m so used to seeing you glued to your phone while we’re on the van, it actually looks weird now that you don’t. 
 

JunK and Nickhun laugh together looking at the state that Woo Young is in. Woo Young stares at his hyungs sulkingly, unable to throw a reply. Other than the driver, there are only the three of them in the van. Taec, Junho and Chan are riding in another van.
Khun: woo young-ah, you should lower your ego, just call her already!
JunK: you should hear what khun said, he’s the love master (laughing again, insensitive to woo young’s mood change) 
jwy: it’s ok, I can call her later at the hotel.
Khun: you two aren’t fighting, are you?

Jwy: no, we’re fine! (suddenly being defensive)

Khun: good then, nothing to worry about. So what were you doing staring blankly at her picture like that?
Jwy: just because.. (his voice trails off) 
JunK: oh, come on! Six years worth of experience has made you a professional on stage, but you can’t fool us. Should I call her?

Jwy: oh please, you don’t have her number!

JunK: oh really? Seyoung.. park.. (scrolling down his phone, pretending to look for se young’s number)

Jwy: ah, hyung! Don’t! (tries to snatch JunK’s phone)

Khun: hahahahaha

Jwy: something happened..

 
Woo Young languidly leans back on his seat, JunK gives him a pat on the shoulder. Nickhun immediately stops laughing and stares intently at Woo Young, suddenly notices his mood change. As far as JunK and Nickhun knows, this boy is in love.

Khun: woo young-ah, misunderstanding is something common in a relationship. It’s basically the same with what we’re doing as a group, building our trust and friendship. The most important thing is to hold on to the feelings you have for each other. Just don’t let your pride get in the way, okay?

JunK sits still at the back listening to Nickhun’s wise words, while Woo Young silently tries to comprehend what Nickhun just said. He is about to dial a number, he misses Se Young so much that it actually hurts. Out of the blue, flashes of yesterday’s events floods his mind, he quickly stops himself and puts his phone back in the backpack. He’s trying really hard to process hiw own feelings, tries to figure out what to do. He puts his headphones back on but turns down the volume to a minimum, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment. He closes his eyes and lost in his own thoughts. His pride gets in the way.