The inevitable

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

Ten minutes passes by and they’re still stuck in Woo Young’s car, unable to decide the best way to enter the building without anyone noticing.

Psy: woo young-ah..

Jwy: hmm..

Psy: your window shield is dark enough, I can wait here while you go inside. I’m okay.

Jwy: I can’t leave you alone in here. I don’t want to! Wait, let me contact the security officer.

Psy: how long should we wait? I don’t think they’re going anywhere.

Jwy: arrgghh! Nobody’s answering.

Psy: is there anybody you can contact?

Jwy: wait.. (busy scrolling down on his phone) hello?

Jk: hello.. woo young-ah?

Jwy: hyung, where are you?

Jk: I’m in the company. You?

Jwy: I’m close. Hyung, I need to get inside, but it’s very crowded out at the front.

Jk: so?

Jwy: I’m with se young
Jk: why didn’t you say so? Wait, let me call someone. Hang up first.
Psy: can we go inside now?

Jwy: (unintentionally speaks with harsh tone) be patient okay, I’m trying to do something here
Psy: don’t get mad at me, it’s not my fault. Ugh, I shouldn’t have gone with you in the first place. (looks away from him)

Jwy: (immediately softens his voice) hey, don’t say that. I want to spend today with you (holds her hand with both his hands), lets not fight, okay?
Psy: (sulking in silence)
Jwy: oh, junho’s calling. Wait.. (turns on the speaker) hello.. junho?

Junho: woo young-ah, the basement is full. I saw your car, I just came from the opposite direction. What were you thinking driving your personal car? They will take pictures and get your plate number down.

Jwy: what should I do? Maybe I should just head back.

Junho: you can’t. You have to come inside, there are some papers we need to sign.

Jwy: can’t they have it delivered to my apartment?

Junho: I don’t know, I’ll ask. Are you with se young-ssi?

Jwy: she’s right next to me, yeah. God, I never thought that it would be this crowded.

Junho: all the members are here, of course they would know..

Jwy: someone must have leaked today’s event to the social media, it’s crazy how the crowd gathered so fast!
Junho: it wasn’t me, obviously! Just find a way to come inside, okay? Everybody’s waiting.

Jwy: hmm... okay. (hangs up) damn it! (hits the steering wheel in exasperation)

Psy: (still sulking in silence)
 

Another 15 minutes passed without any development, Woo Young can sense growing iritation from Se Young’s body language. His phone suddenly vibrates, this time it’s a call from Chansung.

Jwy: Chansung-ah.. where are you?

Chansung (Chan): hyung.. I’m right behind you. Min Jun hyung called and asked me to help you enter the building. The timing is right, me and Khun hyung just got here.

Jwy: aaahh..

Chan: are you in your right mind? Why did you bring her here? It’s too risky!
Jwy: I never thought it would be this crowded

Chan: our staff is coming too, just wait a moment. Make sure you put something on se young-ssi, a jacket or a hat. Okay?

Jwy: hmm.. (several scenarios are swirling in his head)

Chan: okay. This is how it will go. Both of you get off from your car, you’re going in the van with me and Khun hyung, se young-ssi can get in the company’s car, so she will be coming out together with the staff.  Just leave your car there, we’ll have someone to get it later.

Jwy: that sounds good, thanks chansung-ah!

Woo Young hangs up and turns to face Se Young, relaying Chansung’s plan for their entrance to JYP Building. Se Young listens intently while feeling helpless at the same time. Woo Young can understand how Se Young must be feeling, how uncomfortable this situation is for her. He can’t help but feeling the same exasperation, but this is the perks of being an Idol, it comes in one package with his stardom.

Jwy: I’m sorry for making you go through all this

Psy: hmm.. you should have taken me to your apartment first, I don’t need to be here.
Jwy: but I don’t want to leave you alone in there

Psy: better than this..

Jwy: I’m so sorry, okay? I miscalculated, I never thought it would be this crowded.

Psy: I shouldn’t have gone with you in the first place

Jwy: but I want you to come with me. We’ll discuss about this later. Now, do you bring your jacket with you?

Psy: (shakes her head)

Jwy: (search through his backseat) damn it! Out of all day, this has to be day I don’t bring my jacket! (groans in frustration)

 

Woo Young calls Chansung to ask if he brings any jacket and thank God Khun does. 15  minutes passes before someone finally knocks on Woo Young’s window shield, giving him a black paper bag. It’s Khun’s jacket.
Jwy: wear this before you get off, it’s Khun’s. What is this? Mickey mouse? Aigoo..

 

Woo Young makes a remark about Khun’s Mickey Mouse jacket in an attempt to lighten up Se Young’s mood, he failed. She remains unmoved. He helps her with the jacket and puts on the hoodie over her head.
Jwy: you still look pretty eventhough I can barely see your hair
Psy: (I’ve spent my morning to style this hair, ugh..)

 

Woo Young holds Se Young’s face between his hands and gives her a light kiss on the lips. She doesn’t say a word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They finally get off from Woo Young’s car and walk towards the van with Chansung and Nichkhun in it. Chansung opens the door.

Jwy: Chan.. Hyung..

Psy: hello..

Khun & Chan: hello..

Khun: se young-ssi, just go to the van behind, you can go in to the building with our staff. Woo young-ah, come in here, quick!

Jwy: se young-ah, I’ll meet you at the lobby..

Woo Young haven’t finished talking when Se Young suddenly turns and walk towards the other van without a single word. Woo Young lifts his hand to reach her but stops in mid-air, he wants to walk her to the other van but he can’t, someone might actually see them walking together. He helplessly get on the van and crash himself on the backseat looking miserable as hell.
Khun: how long have you been in the car?

Jwy: almost an hour.. (stares blankly ahead)

 

Nichkhun and Chansung throw each other a side glance.

Khun: when we reach the front entrance, we’re going to get off from the car like we normally do, straight into the lobby. Just nod and wave to the crowd so that they’re attention would be diverted from the other van.

 

Nichkhun’s strategy is working out really well. When Woo Young, Chansung, and himself gets off from the van, the swarm of fans flocks around them immediately. Not paying a single attention to the other van containing the company staff and Park Se Young, safely concealed in a hooded jacket.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once Se Young enters the lobby, she immediately look around the premises searching for Woo Young, but he’s nowhere to be seen. What on earth is on his mind leaving me in this state, she can feel her anger welling up. Luckily, Nichkhun and Chansung is quick in picking up Se Young’s changed expression. Chan approaches her while Nichkhun talks to the receptionist.

Chan: Noona.. go with me to the 2nd floor.

Psy: ah, okay..

 

Inside the elevator going up, Chan keeps trying to break the ice with Se Young. He’s sensing that something bad about to happen between her and his hyung.  
Chan: Noona, what are you up to these days? I heard that your playing in a movie with Joo Won?

Psy: (quite surprised that Chansung knows about this) Ah, you know?

Chan: of course I do. Woo Young hyung talks about you all the time.

Psy: (felt embarassed yet happy) they’re releasing it in September I think, but I’m not so sure, it can be postponed until November. 
Chan: September? Really? We are releasing 2PM’s comeback album in September too!
 

The elevator door opens on the fourth floor and Chansung leads Se Young to a room, the room is empty. Chansung points at the sofa and tells Se Young to sit there. Se Young’s mind is in disarray, she doesn’t know where Woo Young is and why he left her alone like this. Well, not alone, Chansung is here, but she barely know anyone in the company.

Chan: noona, I’ll accompany you until Woo Young hyung comes, okay?

Psy: do you know where he is?

Chan: I don’t know, maybe Jin Young hyung calls for him. I’m sure he’ll be here in a minute.

 

The door flies open. Park Jin Young, Taec Yeon, JunK and Nichkhun enters the room. Se Young is startled, Woo Young haven’t introduced her to Park Jin Young before. This is totally beyond anything she could imagine, she grows more irritated but can hides it well, she’s an actress after all. Chansung gets up and introduce everybody formally. Se Young puts on her best smile and introduce herself when the one thing she wants the most is to just disappear.


Park Jin Young (PJY): it’s nice to finally see you se young-ssi, make yourself at home.

Psy: aaah.. thank you jin young sunbaenim, it’s nice to finally see you in person..

Pjy: woo young has something he needs to attend to, just make yourself comfortable, okay? (approaches taec yeon and talks with a serious face) I’m sorry but I can’t stay long, I have to go to a meeting.

Psy: ah, yes.

 

Park Jin Young leaves the room, followed by Taec Yeon and JunK.

Khun: se young-ssi, I’m going to go to the pantry, anything you want to drink?

Psy: no thanks, I’m okay. Maybe later.

Khun: Are you sure? Chansung-ah?

Chan: Cola please, thank you hyung.

Khun: ok. I’ll be right back.

On his way to the pantry, Nichkhun stops at Park Jin Young’s room to check whether Woo Young is there. Judging from Se Young’s expression, Nichkhun knows that it’s best to find Woo Young as soon as he can. He didn’t find Woo Young though, only Park Jin Young, Taec Yeon and JunK discussing the incident happened earlier.

Meanwhile, Chansung is busy with his phone.

Chan: aiiisshhh.. why isn’t he answering?

Nichkhun left Park Jin Young’s room after a while and continues to walk towards the pantry, he comes across with missA and 15& members on their way to the practice room, where the meeting is gonna be held. As he is getting nearer, Nichkhun can hear Junho’s arguing with someone. A girl? Nichkhun quicken his steps to get in the pantry and finds Woo Young, sitting on a chair at the end of the table. Sunmin sits across from Woo Young, looking anxious.
Khun: woo young-ah!! What are you doing here?? I’ve been looking for you everywhere, and why didn’t you answer your phone?

 
It suddenly hits him, he left Se Young all alone. Woo Young stands up and about to leave the pantry when Sunmin cries in frustration.

Sunmin (SM): oppa... what should we do now?

Jwy: You go and deal with it! Khun hyung, where is Se Young?

Khun: you said that you’d wait in the lobby, what where you thinking? She’s with Chansung,  go and see her, okay?

Junho: just go woo young-ah, let me and Khun hyung handle this (staring furiously at Sunmin).

Jwy: okay, thanks!

Woo Young enters the room to find Se Young sitting in the sofa, with her face burried in her hands.

Chan: hyung! Why weren’t you answering your phone?? (throws a side glance towards se young)

 

Woo Young walks past Chansung and approaches Se Young who still hasn’t lift her face up, he goes down on one knee and holds her hands.
Jwy: se young-ah, I’m so sorry, something happened.

Psy: what was it? Was it so important that you just left me like that?

Jwy: I know, I’m sorry, okay? There was a little missunderstanding.

Psy: can you take me home, please?


Chansung who realizes that his presence is not wanted in the room quickly steps out without saying a word.
Jwy: se young-ah.. I’m really really sorry. I’ll explain to you later, but I can’t take you home now, you might have to wait here a little longer. I have to attend a meeting with other members, It was last minute.

Psy: (stares at him blankly)

Jwy: I panicked and left my phone in the car..

The door flies open and enters GOT7 members into the room. They completely misunderstood upon seeing Woo Young down on his knees.
Bambam: aaaahh hyung! are you proposing?
Jackson: aaah noona..

 
It’s totally chaotic with these boys, but Woo Young can’t care less. Se Young smiles warmly and greet them back. Chansung who hasn’t gone far hears the ruckus and gets back into the room to drive them out.

Chan: hey, guys!! Everybody’s waiting at the practice room, go there! Now!
Bambam: Noona.. I’ll see u later, okay? I want to take a picture with you.
Chan: hyung, come on! Let’s go to the practice room.

 

Woo Young didn’t budge, he still wants to calm Se Young down. At the same time, 2AM members along with Nichkhun, Junho, Sunmin and Kim Semi walk past the room to see Woo Young still on his knees with his sad face. They were about to get inside to see what really happens with Woo Young when they hear MissA’s Fei shouting from the practice room. 
Fei: Guys! Come here now, Jin Young oppa is here and the meeting is about to start.

One by one they enter the practice room, except for Nichkhun and Jinwoon who approaches Woo Young and Se Young.

Jinwoon (JW): noona, are you okay?

Psy: jinwoon-ah..

Jw: (sits next to se young) hyung, what’s wrong with her?

Jwy: I’ll tell you later, okay? Se Young-ah, wait here until I’m finished with the meeting, don’t go anywhere, okay?

Psy: don’t you think it’ll be better if I can just go home? I can ask Jae oppa to pick me up.
Jwy: no, please.. se young-ah, wait for me here okay?

Khun: (hands her a can of cola) here, drink this. We won’t be long, right woo young-ah?

Psy: thank you nichkhun-ssi..
Jw: noona, are you sure you’re okay? (starts to worry seeing the exchange between her and woo young)

Jwy: I’ll make sure she’s okay jinwoon-ah

Jw: alright then, I’m going to the meeting.

 

Jinwoon finally leaves the room followed by Nichkhun.

Psy: just go, everybody’s waiting. I’ll wait here.

Jwy: promise me, you won’t go anywhere and wait here.

Psy: (nods her head in agreement)

Jwy: (kisses her in the forehead and stands up to leave the room)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Se Young is finally alone in the room, she can’t help but feels like an outsider. She puts down the cola given by Nichkhun on the floor, she doesn’t have any intention of drinking it. She opens the door and steps outside, there’s no one in the hallway. She walks toward the stairs and goes down to the basement, the practice room where she and Woo Young filmed one of their WGM episode. The room is unlocked.

Se Young steps inside, turns on the air conditioner and crashes herself on the sofa. Flashes of images floods her memory, that certain morning she spent with Woo Young filming in this very room. She looks herself in the mirror and lets out a deep sigh. Her phone suddenly rings, it’s Yuan Seo.

Psy: hello, eonni..

Ys: se young-ie, where are you? Are you okay?

Psy: I’m okay.. why?

Ys: I just read an article on dispatch. Is woo young with you?

Psy: I’m in JYPE at the moment, what article eonni?

Ys: I think you should see it for yourself, okay? And I don’t think it’s a good idea to leave the building in anytime soon.

Psy: eonni, what do you mean? Why can’t I leave?

Ys: jae oppa is calling me, I’ll hang up first.

Psy: but, eonni..


Ugh.. Se Young cries in frustation and undeliberately slams her phone on the sofa. She leans back and closes her eyes. She tries to piece together the information she just got from her assistant. Her heart skips a beat when something clicks on her mind. She reaches for her phone and opens the news timeline. She can’t help but scream upon seeing the deadline completed with a picture, although blurry, of her in the Mickey Mouse hooded jacket. It’s definitely her. Tears starts welling up as she read the headline:

2PM’s JANG WOO YOUNG DATING SCANDAL?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------