Patience is a virtue

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

*on the plane to Seoul*

Woo Young is sitting next to Junho. 

Junho: woo young-ah, you still owe me an explanation.

Jwy: huh?

Junho: you were asking for Kim Semi’s number out of nowhere, what was it for?
Jwy: oh, that..

Junho: I’m actually expecting more than “oh, that..”

Jwy: how should I put this..

Junho: just talk to me comfortably, if you want to..

Jwy: well, I was with Se Young that day. You know, after we came from the JYPE building.

Junho: and?

Jwy: I was in the kitchen busy cutting some fruit when I saw from the corner of my eyes that she stepped into my room. Only after a while did I realize that she wasn’t coming out so I went after her. I was surprised to find her clutching my phone and looking upset.

Junho: what happened? Did she find something suspicious? You should’ve locked your phone.

Jwy: she knows the combination.

Junho: ha! As expected! Go on.

Jwy: she kept accusing me of something I didn’t even understand, until I took my phone and saw for myself.

Junho: what was it?

Jwy: she read a short message from an unknown number, three short messages to be exact, and five missed calls. I didn’t know who it was until I reached the last one. It was Kim Semi.

Junho: are you sure it was really her? What did she say anyway?
Jwy: I don’t remember the exact words, I’ve already deleted those damn messages. But in the last one she said “i love you oppa” and wrote her name. (rolled his eyes in frustration)

Junho: that was sick. So why did you ask for Kim Semi’s number? To confirm?

Jwy: exactly! But the number you gave me was no longer active.

Junho: oh well, maybe she changed it. I worked with her once, when I did my “Feel” single, but I never contacted her anymore after that.
Jwy: anyway, I decided to reply to the sender, the unknown number.

Junho: ya! Are you crazy? Why didn’t you just ignore it?

Jwy: you know I would if I could, but Se Young was sitting next to me staring suspiciously, what else could I do?

Junho: what happened then?

Jwy: basically, I told her off and ask her to respect my privacy.

Junho: did you get a reply?

Jwy: it got better, she called.

Junho: what the.. did you answer?

Jwy: of course I did, I even put her on a loud speaker. I didn’t want Se Young to get even more suspicious of me.

Junho: and?

 

Woo Young told Junho in detail about his conversation with Kim Semi.

Junho: so everything’s okay now, right?

Jwy: of course, I handled everything smoothly.

Junho: great. So why did you look like you’ve been dumped the other day?

Jwy: I did not!!

Junho: oh come on! It’s all in your face, don’t lie to me.

Jwy: well.. actually..

Junho: come on, spill it!

Jwy: I felt uncomfortable about something..

Junho: what is it?

Jwy: well.. lee sang woo-ssi.. (his voice was trailing off)

Junho: who’s that? Wait.. don’t tell me! Her partner in the drama she’s in?

Jwy: yeah..

Junho: good God, woo young-ah! Get a grip man!

Jwy: did you watch it? They got so many kiss scenes!!

Junho: but that was acting. You know how it is right? You did it once for “Dream High”.

Jwy: this is different!

Junho: different how?

Jwy: I did it only once, and it was on the nose! They still have more episodes to go and God knows how many kiss scenes she’s going to shoot, not to mention the NGs*!

Junho: relax dude, it’s for work.

Jwy: I even saw their BTS** pictures for the next episode
Junho: what is it now? Another kiss scene? Or maybe bed scene?

Jwy: it’s their first night as a married couple, there’s a bathroom scene and possibly a bed scene.

Junho: yaa! maybe you should stop watching, it’s not good for your health.

Jwy: now you’re being funny.

Junho: dude, listen up. How long have you been in this industry? You need to make piece with your heart, I’m sure you can distinguish between fake and real, can’t you?

Jwy: you’re missing my point here.

Junho: okay.. okay.. maybe I can’t relate to what you’re feeling right now. But hey, sometimes we are required to perform with a dancer or other idols on stage, how do you think she would feel about that?

Jwy: but I didn’t kiss them, there’s nothing to be uncomfortable about.

Junho: ah, you’re right. Maybe you should just go and kiss them and see how she would react..

Jwy: you’re no help at all lee junho!

Junho: I’m suddenly curious about Kim Semi, why did she send you those messages?

Jwy: beats me.

Junho: were you even close?

Jwy: kinda. But that’s all in the past.

Junho: nothing ever happened between you two, right?

 

Woo Young let out a long exhale.


*in the car en route to JYPE building*

Jwy: I wonder what time we’ll be finished with our schedule today

Chan: wait, let me check.

Junho: God, my legs are killing me, I think I’m gonna go for a massage.

Chan: that’s a brilliant idea hyung!

Junho: call minjun hyung, let’s just go to that place near his house and we can sleep at his place after.
Jwy: which one is that?

Junho: aaah, you weren’t with us that time, that place is really jjang! They can make all your exhaustion go away (giving his two thumbs up)

Chan: hyung, are you coming?

 

Woo Young looked hesitant.

Jwy: what time?

Junho: after the photo shoot and interview.. probably around six.
Chan: seriously hyung, you’ll feel brand new. You can meet se young noona afterwards (motioning his eyebrows up and down)

Jwy: yaaah! What are you trying to imply??

Chan: no, nothing..

Junho: you have to tell se young-ssi everything woo young-ah, it’s better that she hear it from you than from someone else. I can’t imagine if Kim Semi does another desperate act.

Chan: kim semi? The dancer? Isn’t she your friend hyung?
Jwy: hmm..

Chan: Did you talk to her when we were in Hongkong?

Jwy: No, I didn’t.

Junho: I usually don’t pay her any attention but she occasionally greets us or gives you encouragement, I don’t see it as something special, just the ordinary things that the other dancers or staff does. But after you told me what happened, I did notice that she didn’t show herself as much around us during Hongkong.
Chan: did you even hang out together?

Jwy: hang out? Well..

 

He probed his memory, trying to remember the last interaction he had with Kim Semi.

Jwy: I think it was in January or February? I’m not so sure either, I was with Changddai, Jason and a whole lot of other people too.
Chan: where did you guys go?

Jwy: we went to a club.

Junho: that month was around the time you met se young-ssi, wasn’t it?

Jwy: yeah, and I spent months after chasing her around.
Chan: those were dark times for me indeed.

Junho: hah! You think you were the only one? Who do you think he turned to asking about clothes to wear the first time he went to se young-ssi’s house? Am I your asisstant or something? Geez..

Chan: remember that night when he caused a stir in our kakaotalk group? Everybody was up all night teasing him, falling in love making him confused.

Junho: which one was that?

Chan: he was going to send a selca and cheesy lines to se young noona but he sent it to Taec hyung instead, and then Taec hyung forwarded it to our group chat room hahahaha...

 

Chansung and Junho are having a blast reminiscing Woo Young’s foolishnes.
Chan: he even called and asked me out a few times every week just to accompany him for a drink or a late night snack while talking about se young noona all night long. Hyung, you have to thank me, seriously!

Jwy: thank you chananaaa..

 

Woo Young said thanks with an over-explosive cuteness whilst trying to give Chansung a kiss on the cheek. Chansung instantly wards him off.

Chan: yaaahh!! What are you doing? I don’t want to be kissed with those lips, it got se young noona’s stamp all over it!

They all broke into a festive laugh over Chansung’s childish joke.


*Glorious Day filming location*
 

PD-nim: thank you all, see you on our next schedule. Good night and have a good rest everyone.

They completed today’s filming. Se Young took quite a few scenes since morning, she’s exhausted. She walked toward her van, eager to leave the filming location as soon as she can. She stopped as she heard someone called her name from behind.

Lee Sang Woo (Lsw): se young-ssi, are you heading out?

She turned around to find that it was Lee Sang Woo, her partner in the drama.
Psy: yes, sunbaenim. I am.
Lsw: it’s only 6 o’clock, are you going somewhere? By the way, didn’t anybody tell you? Not even woori?

 
She was about to respond when she heard Yuri’s voice calling her out from the direction of the van. Yuri was walking toward them.
Yuri: eonni..

Psy: what is it yuri-ya?

Yuri: there’s an incoming call, it’s woori-ssi.

Psy: excuse me sunbaenim, I’m going to take the call.

Lsw: sure, just take your time.

Psy: hello, woori-ya?

Woori: eonni.. I don’t have any filming schedule for today, that’s why I didn’t go to the filming location. Has anybody tell you?

Psy: tell me what?

Woori: I’m having a barbeque party at my place, I invited all the cast. Join us, will you?

Psy: what time is it?

Woori: mmm.. actually.. I’m having it now.

Psy: why so sudden?

Woori: to be honest, I’m planning this since a couple of days ago but I kinda forgot to call you. I’m sorry..
Psy: I don’t think I can go, woori-ya..

Woori: oh, come on eonni. Please?

Psy: I already have other arrangements.

She accidentally meet Lee Sang Woo’s eyes and he gives her a pleading look while saying an inaudible “please”.
Woori: is lee sang woo’s sunbaenim still there?

Psy: he’s here with me

Woori: come on eonni, even lee sang woo’s sunbaenim is coming.

Se Young is torn between wanting to head back as soon as she can to meet Woo Young or fulfilling Woori’s sudden invitation, she doesn’t want to be rude. 
Psy: I’ll let you know after I make some calls, okay?

Woori: you better come, I insist. I’ll be waiting for you call, eonni. 

Se Young felt uneasy, Lee Sang Woo is still standing there waiting for her to respond.
Lsw: so, you’re going, right?
Psy: I need to make some calls first, sunbaenim. Just go ahead, I’ll meet you there.

Lsw: alright then, see you at Woori’s place.
 
Lee Sang Woo walked to his car, leaving Se Young standing there thinking hard.

Psy: what should I do?

Yuri: eonni, you have plans to meet woo young-ssi, don’t you?

Psy: I do. I think I need to call him, I don’t know whether he has completed his schedule for today.


*after the photo shoot*
 

JunK: aaaah thank God we’re finally done, I feel exhausted!

Junho: minjun hyung, we’re still on, aren’t we?

JunK: of course! Are you kidding me? I’ve already made an appointment. Let’s just go with my car and Taec’s. Chan has his car delivered here too.
Junho: should we ask Jong hyung to go with us?

JunK: should we? I booked the private rooms, so I think it’s gonna be safe.

Junho: are you sure hyung?

JunK: let’s just bring Jong and a few bodyguards just in case. Tell them to hurry, okay?

Junho: ok, hyung.

 

A while later, JunK stepped into his car with Junho. Woo Young is still seating on top of Chan’s hood, looking restless and busy with his phone.

Chan: hyung, are you coming or not?

Jwy: I really want to go Chan, but I have to meet Se Young tonight.

Chan: so?

Jwy: let me call her first.

Woo Young dialed Se Young’s number and didn’t have to wait long for her to pick up.

Jwy: that was fast.

Psy: I was about to call you.

Jwy: you miss me that much, don’t you?

Psy: I knew you’d say that, you’re too predictable woo young-ah. Anyway, why are you calling? Have you finished with your schedule for today?

Jwy: I have, but..

Psy: do you have to go somewhere?

Jwy: I feel super tired and the boys are going for a massage. Have you finished your filming?

Psy: I have, but I think we won’t be able to meet tonight..

Jwy: oh?

Psy: Woori just called and she’s inviting all the cast members for a barbecue at her place, like now.

Jwy: hmm..
Psy: maybe we should just meet tomorrow, you can go and have a massage with the other members, I think you need it.
Jwy: are you sure?

Psy: it’s okay, I’m going to be with Woori and the other casts anyway.

Jwy: don’t you miss me?

Psy: I miss you. A lot. There I said it. Are you happy now?

Jwy: I miss you too.

Psy: we’re going to meet tomorrow, just enjor your massage.

Jwy: wait.. is he going to be there? At the barbecue party?

Psy: who are you referring to?

Jwy: (lowered his voice, afraid that Chansung would hear) lee sang woo-ssi..

Psy: he did say that he’s going

Jwy: he said that to you? Directly?

Psy: yes, just now.

Jwy: should I pick you up at woori’s place?

Psy: you’re joking, right?

Jwy: we can go to my place afterwards

Chan: EHHHEEEEMMM
 

Woo Young glares at Chansung, telling him to be quiet.

Psy: is that chansung?

Jwy: yeah, I’m going with his car.
Psy: have fun with the boys.

Jwy: I can’t say the same thing.

Psy: what do you mean?

Jwy: I don’t want you to have fun without me.

Psy: heol! I won’t, I’ll be thinking about you while I’m chewing all that meat.

Jwy: that’s good. You do that.

Psy: see you tomorrow, okay?

Jwy: see you tomorrow.. don’t forget to call when you reach home.

Psy: I will.
Jwy: okay, I’m going now.
 

Woo Young was about to utter another word but Chansung beat him to it, screaming his lungs out.
Chan: I LOVE YOU!!!!

Se Young can hear it loud and clear.
Psy: hahahaaa I love you too!!!
Jwy: Yaaaah!!! 


Se Young is on her way to Woori’s place, wearing a sleeveless pink mini dress topped with a white cardigan. She’s completing the look with a pink wedges and a white handbag.

Psy: oppa, I’ll text you later to let you know what time to pick me up.

Jae: okay, I’ll be waiting.

The van finally came to a halt in front of the lobby of an apartment complex no too far from the filming location, it took them around 20 minutes to reach this building. Se Young stepped out of the van and walked hastily toward the entrance, it was quite cold that night. She went straight to the elevator and push the button, she didn’t have to wait long for it. She was about to stepped in when she heard someone called her name, it was a woman’s voice. 

 

*NG = Not Good

**BTS = Behind The Scene
 


Teaser for Chapter 20:

A couple of minutes went by before her phone finally buzzed, it’s an incoming call.

Psy: hello..

Jeon Soo Jin (Jsj): se young-ah, what’s up dear? Your message was kinda mysterious..

Psy: soo jin-ah, where are you?

Jsj: I’m on my way home from the dermatologist. I’m sorry I didn’t reply your message right away, I was driving. Where are you?

Psy: soo jin-ah, can you come and pick me up?

Jsj: se young-ah, are you okay?

Psy: not really.. please, can you come? I’ll explain later.

Jsj: sure! Just text me the address, okay?