I'm officially a wreck

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

Se Young turns on the air conditioner, she steps in and looks around the living room. She unconsciously stares at the black leather sofa, reminiscing happy moments they have spent on it. On one side of the wall, stands a wooden bookshelf filled with Woo Young’s latest literary obsession and his collection of car miniatures. Everything looks well-organized, that neat freak,  Se Young thinks while smiling.

Psy: I miss you Jang Woo Young-ie..

The room is not too big yet it gives a certain comfortable vibe. She’s familiar with all of it, the furnitures, the atmosphere, even the smell. She inhales, her olfactory sense is trying to look for traces of Woo Young’s presence, but it’s not there. This is the first time for her, being here without Woo Young. It feels empty. That feeling haunts her since this morning, they haven’t spoken to each other at all since he departed for his concert in Hong Kong. She crashes on the sofa. She can hear the automatic air freshener hisses, releasing a sweet-scented aroma, the same sweet-scented aroma she’s using in her room at home. She misses him so much.

Psy: what am I gonna do now?

She stares blankly at the ceiling, going over every detail in that walnut-themed room. Of all the times she spent in this place, she remembers feeling warm, but that’s not the case for today. Woo Young’s absence changes it all, the room looks kinda cold and she feels very much alone.

Psy: Jang Woo Young-ie (she screams, not too loud though, while hoping that he would appear out of thin air)

Se Young’s eyes is fixed on a picture hanging on the right side of the wall, it’s Woo Young and his family. There is a medium-sized sideboard below it, which holds all kinds of picture of him with his colleagues at JYPE. And on the farthest corner, their picture. Se Young gets up from the sofa and walks toward the sideboard, grabs one picture of her and Woo Young, staring at it intently.

Psy: I hate you Jang Woo Young-ie (pointing at him with her index finger)!! Don’t you miss me?

She snorts and puts the picture back. She turns around and walks across the room, where Woo Young puts his music player, right under the tv set. She reaches for the remote and turns it on and press play, she’s curious about something. A few seconds passes and she can hear her own melodious voice through the speakers..

Shall we dance... Shall we dance... Shall we dance
sori eomneun ilsange sogeun sogeun jogeun jogeun mareul georeoone

Let me sing... Let me sing sweet melody
i joyonghan sesangeul geu nangmangwa bitkkallo chaewojuo


Her eyes are welling up with tears as she walks away from the living room, leaving the music player on. She steps into Woo Young’s room and put her backpack on his bed. The small-sized backpack doesn’t really hold much, it only contains her phone charger, make-up kits, and one set of clothes for her to wear tomorrow. She doesn’t even bring her nighty. She starts to feel a little sleepy, thinking for a quick moment to jump right into bed and just sleep. She shakes that thought away, she has to clean herself and change her clothes. She walks into the bathroom to take a quick shower, coming out 20 minutes later with only a towel wrapped around her almost body. She opens Woo Young’s wardrobe and browse through his sweatshirt collection, she chooses the one in blue, immediately puts it on and takes off her towel. She climbs into bed with this wretched feeling inside, recalling the memories of what happened the day before..