I'm a mess when you're away

It can't be someone else, it has to be you.

*Glorius Day filming set*

It’s 01:05 PM South Korean time. The filming activity comes to a halt due to lunch break for 1,5 hours. Park Se Young has around two hours to rest, she doesn’t have any scene to shoot until 3 pm. She stares at the contents of the lunchbox her mom prepared this morning with little to no interest.

Yuri (y): eonni.. why are you not eating?

Park Se Young (psy): I’m not hungry

Y: but you have nothing except for the apples you ate this morning. Come on, you should eat something, you might get sick..

Psy: seriously, I’m not that hungry (closes her lunchbox)

Y: (shoots a concerned look)

Psy: here, you can have my lunch if you want to, or you can give it to Jae oppa (driver).

Y: Jae oppa went to the gas station a couple of minutes ago. Besides, he already eaten.

Psy: you or Seo eonni can have it then

Yuri and Yuan Seo has been working as Se Young’s assistants for three years now. Yuri is a 23 years old girl from Busan, who went straight to Seoul after she graduated from high school. Yuan Seo, who also serves as Se Young’s make-up artist, is a 35 years old married woman who has a daughter. They’re both close with Se Young and her family.

Se Young straightens her legs and leans back on the sofa, with no intention to eat at all. She’s not sleepy or tired, but she closes her eyes and lets out a deep sigh. Yuri can sense something wrong from the way Se Young is behaving throughout the day, but holds the urge to ask. Yuan Seo enters the room on tiptoes, carrying Se Young’s wardrobe for today’s filming.

Yuan Seo(ys): what’s up with se young-ie? Why isn’t she eating?

Y: I have no idea (shrugging her shoulder). She only ate two apples this morning, haven’t eaten anything since, but she won’t eat her lunch.

Ys: look at her sleeping while clutching her phone


Yuan Seo puts down the wardrobe she brought and silently approaches Se Young.

Ys: Se Young-ah, are you sleeping?

Se Young doesn’t reply, her eyes still closed. She’s not sleeping though, she’s fully awake. She only wants to hear that one sound she has been waiting from the moment she woke up this morning. She clutches her phone even tighter.

Ys: (lightly tugs Se Young’s shoulder) wake up Se Young-ah, you have to eat something, you’re going to be filming until 8 pm tonight.

Se Young finally gives in, she opens her eyes.

Psy: eonni, I’m not that hungry, can I just sleep for a while?

Ys: but your mother packed your favourite meal for lunch

Psy: I know..
Ys: what’s wrong? Should I ask Yun Jae to buy some juice or ice cream? He said that he’s going to pass through Hongdae on his way here, I can ask him to buy your favourite ice cream that Woo Young-ssi usually buys for you.

Se Young is unmoved, even after hearing Woo Young’s name. Instead of responding Yuan Seo’s offer, she leans back and closes her eyes. 
psy: hmm.. Yuri-ah.. can you call Hwan Oppa and ask whether he can cram my schedule so I can finish at 7 pm? I have to go somewhere..

Y: ok eonni

While Yuri is busy with her phone, Yuan Seo starts to worry, she doesn’t know what to do. She pulls her phone out from her pocket and decides to contact someone via her kakaotalk. It’s Amy, Jang Woo Young’s personal assistant. She remembers quite well how Woo Young asked her to contact him, or Amy, immediately should something urgent happens. Yuan Seo has a pretty good instinct, she knows the reason behind Se Young’s gloomy mood today. Contacting Amy is the right thing to do, she assures herself, Woo Young must be busy preparing for the One Mic Concert.