Undercover-1

Kryber Stories
Undercover - Amber Liu was the best agent her agency had ever encountered. She had tracked down and apprehended a drug lord that had fled out of Korea. After returning with the criminal she had handed him over to the transporting team only for them to lose him. Now she must go undercover as a male student to find the escaped drug lord's whereabouts. The tomboy was prepared to fight, to deceive, even to die on this mission, but what she was not prepared for was to find LOVE. She fell in love with a high school girl.

 

Amber Liu, a 22 year old handsome yet beautiful, flat-chested tomboy, who is often mistaken as a man, could make any woman question their uality and turn any gay man straight, an agent who had never failed a mission, seen as the Ace of all aces in the agency, never quavers in front of her enemies, was now fidgeting nervously in her shoes as she and her fellow agents stood in front of the Chief’s intimidating-looking desk. What made it all the more intimidating was the big wooden name plate with his name and titled carved on it.

 

“Is this how you do your job? How could you lose him when you had him in your custody, huh?!?” He slammed the folder that he was holding onto the desk, a loud PLAK~ resonated throughout the quiet office.

 

“S-sir, we-”

 

“Do you know what you have done? He is now loose in the city! Who knows-” he pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a major headache coming on, and slumped into his large comfy black leather chair.

 

“Chief!” they exclaimed, startled when their chief suddenly plopped in his chair. They made to help him, but when he held up his hand they froze their movement.

 

 “You’re all off the case,” he said while rubbing his temples. “That. Is. An. Order,” he said sternly, cutting them off when they made to protest, not forgetting to shoot them a glare that could kill. “You’re all dismissed except for Agent M.”

 

Once the boys all left, Agent M turned to her boss. “Appa, are you okay?” she asked in concern and went to massage his shoulders, hoping to lessen the stress. Yup, that’s right! The Chief is Amber Liu’s father.

 

“I’m okay, Am. I’m okay.” The two stayed silent. Amber was busy massaging her father’s shoulder while Chief Liu had his eyes close, probably thinking of a way to solve this mess….and beat his rival agency first in apprehending the drug lord…again!

 

Chief Liu had made a bet against his rival agency, LS Agency, to see who could capture Stan Lee first, putting both his and LS’s name and reputation on the line. He had been jumping with joy when his daughter, his best agent, had called to inform that she had tracked and apprehended Lee and was bringing him back to Korea. This all went down the drain though when his transporting team lost the captured drug lord. It was a good thing he hadn’t called and rubbed this news in LS Agency’s face otherwise he would have no place to hide his face.

 

“Agent M,” the silence suddenly broke.

 

Sensing that her father was back in his Chief-mode, she rounded the desk and stood at attention.

 

“This is an undercover mission. It is related to the criminal you had apprehended before…well, you know…he escaped. Do you wish to acc--”

 

“I accept.” Amber didn’t need to think about it. If this undercover mission is related to him then she will gladly take it.

 

“Are you sure? There will be no going back once you’ve accepted. You may decline if you wish to.” Chief Liu gave her one last chance to turn down the mission.

 

“I won’t be going back on my words. I accept this undercover mission.” How bad could it be? She’s taken countless undercover missions before.

 

“Good!” Chief Liu beamed a dorky smile. “Because you are the only one who I can count on to complete this mission.”

 

Seeing her father beam a dorky smile usually meant that either 1) she just got played or 2) she got played and this mission was probably something she wouldn’t like. Amber gulped. “W-w-what’s the mission?”

 

“Here you go.” The Chief handed her the mission folder, a smile still plastered on his face.

 

Amber hesitantly opened it and read through it before her eyes widen. “WHAT?!? I don’t want to do this!!”

 

Chief Liu just shrugged. “Sorry, Agent M. I gave you the chance to decline. The chance has passed.”

 

“Then explain why I must go undercover as a male student? Couldn’t I just go as myself?” Amber questioned.

 

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. You must be getting old, Agent M.” Chief Liu chuckled nervously when Amber shot him a look. “What I meant was that they will surely recognize you if you show up looking like yourself.” He gestured to the slightly long, shaggy, black hair. “You’ve got to admit, you’re quite famous in their little group. Even more so after you had tracked and apprehended their boss, bringing him back to Korea. Going undercover, and as a male no less, will throw them off since they’re not expecting you to be…well, undercover as a male student. Besides, the students that had joined his organization will probably not even know of you yet. This is our time to strike, especially if we want to know of his whereabouts now.”

 

Amber let out a sigh and massaged her temples. She could see truth to that…however, she still didn’t know about this.

 

Chief Liu grinned knowing that she has accepted her fate. “If I were you I would head on over to the salon seeing as how it closes in an hour. Your mission will begin tomorrow morning. Go.”

 

The tomboy darted out of the office, needing to get to that salon before it closes. Before she closed her father’s office door she heard a muffled hwaiting making her roll her eyes.

 


 

Amber Yiyun (undercover name she’s going by) stood in front of the Academy’s gate, awed by the sheer grandness. She He was dressed in black slacks, a white casual dress shirt with a black & white stripe tie, and the Academy white blazer jacket with black linings. The Academy’s logo was sewn on the left side.

 

He took a few deep breaths and ran his fingers through his now-trimmed hair (he had gotten a hair trim last night because it had gotten too long, making it shaggy) before draping his canvas messenger bag across his shoulders. Mission start he thought as he walked through the front gate fixing his fake glasses.

 

Yiyun had his mouth hung open at the scenery. Damn rich kids. While he was distracted by the view, not watching where he was going, he bumped into a body. Sensing them falling back he acted on instinct and grabbed their wrist, his right arm naturally securing around their petite waist. He was staring down at two brown orbs and he couldn’t help but gulp nervously, his heart pounding loudly.