Second Chance-3

Kryber Stories

 

 

Krystal found herself surrounded on all sides by men, or what she refers to them as beasts in heat, whom were fighting desperately for her attention. She would have shooed them off with one of her icy glares had it not been for the fact that just across the room by the bar women were throwing themselves left and right at the object of her attention tonight.

 

Her eyes twitched dangerously and she couldn’t help but let out a low growl when one woman practically pressed her ample bosom against the latter. What made it worse, the latter did nothing short of stopping these women’s advances. In fact, it seems like they were relishing all these attention.

 

Huffing in annoyance at the scene, Krystal leaned back into her seat, crossing her arms and legs. This action caused her white dress to hike up her thighs even more, revealing plenty of her milky thighs. She rolled her eyes when she saw the ‘beasts’ ogling her legs before their eyes glazes over. Probably letting their imagination run wild. she snide.

 

Her attention was caught when she faintly hears shrieks and squeals from across the room. The scene in front of her made it hard for her to swallow, and she was sure she heard the sound of her heart shattering…once again by the same person. So distraught, she hastily got up and practically dashed out of the room, not caring to stop and pick up the glass she had broken when it toppled over or apologize to the strangers she had ran over in her quick escape.

 

By the time she made it out of the mansion and into the cold night, her face was stained with tears.

 

Why are you so stupid? Why do you care? She left you, remember? She tried to reason as she bent over panting, hoping that it would stop the pain in her chest if she found reason to not feel like this. But instead of helping, it only serves to double it.

 

“Krystal-ah.”

 

She froze and her breath was caught in as she heard that familiar-yet-foreign voice calling for her. That voice…it had been the one that she had been yearning to hear for the past five years. She had dreamt of it in her dreams numerous times, she was crazy enough to hear it faintly calling for her in the wind, and here it was now. It was calling her. This was no dream. She wasn’t delusional. It was real. This moment was real.

 

“Princess.”

 

Krystal straightens herself and slowly turned towards the voice. Standing before her was the girl who had broken her, who had abandoned her, who had crushed her to the point where she thought she could never get back up. Standing before her was Amber Liu. Without even knowing it, the kiss scene from earlier still fresh in her mind, her body had moved on its own.

 

SLAP

 

Her hand went numb from the hard slap she had just delivered to the older girl, but it was nothing compared to the pain her heart had been feeling for the past five years. 

 

 

Hours prior

“Oh come on, Soojung-ah. You’ve got to go,” Jessica wined to the younger girl. “You’ve been here for three days and all you’ve done so far is sleep,” she pouted cutely. “Seobang and I are taking you out tonight.”

As Krystal opened to protest, Jessica shot one of her infamous glares towards her, shutting her up instantly. They may be sisters, but that doesn’t mean she’s immune to her sister’s glares. The older Jung was dubbed Ice Queen with good reason. She’s not crazy enough to face Hellsica and think to come out alive.

With no choice, she reluctantly nodded her head. She chuckled though when she saw her unnie jumping in joy like a little girl.

“Here you go,” she laid down a simple white dress on her bed. “Seobang and I will see you downstairs,” Jessica stated excitedly as she exited the bedroom.

Freshened up and dressed, Krystal made her way slowly down the staircase, looking as ethereal as ever. Nearing the base of the staircase she spotted the married couple flirting shamelessly. The corner of her lips pulled up and she smiled genuinely for the first time in a while at the scene before her. Her unnie was happy in life and she couldn’t be happier for her. It seemed the older Jung had everything she ever wanted. A frown slowly made its way to her face as she thought about herself. Will she ever be happy? Will she ever find that special someone, like how Yuri was to Jessica? Her thoughts led to a certain someone and the gap in her heart widens slightly. Quickly shaking her head to rid her of those thoughts she faked a cough to catch the couple’s attention.

 “You’re beautiful, Soojung-ah” Jessica gushed like a proud mother. “Isn’t she beautiful, seobang?”

“Yes she is, Sica,” Yuri wrapped an arm around Jessica’s waist before throwing a thumbs up in approval.

A hint of pink made its way to Krystal’s cheeks due to the compliments.

“but not as beautiful and y as my wifey.” She hears Yuri whisper softly into her unnie’s ear which earned the tan a giggle and a light slap to the shoulder.

“We should go. We wouldn’t want to be late,” Krystal quickly injected before their flirting could escalate. This is going to be a long night.

As they pulled up to a golden gate that secured the huge mansion behind it, Krystal’s mouth hung agape. She was busy trying to comprehend the fact that her sister and sister-in-law were acquainted with these people that when she came to they were already half way up the long drive way.

 

“I know I shouldn’t be this surprise, but…how did you become friends with these people?” She asked as she eyed the fountain they just past. Wow! It must’ve taken a fortune to build that!

 

“Mr. Hilton and his daughter, Cassandra, are VIP’s at my gym. I’m their personal trainer and through the sessions, we just became friends,” Yuri finished with a shrug, like it was the most normal thing in the world to be friends with one of LA’s richest families.

 

Jessica let out a giggle seeing Krystal’s facial expression.

 

Mr. Hilton and Cassandra quickly dismissed themselves from their guests and sauntered their way over towards the trio.

 

“Yuri! Jessica! It’s great that you two could join us,” Mr. Hilton greeted the two with a hug followed by Cassandra.

 

“Thanking for having us Bill, Cassandra.”

 

“Now who is this lovely lady?” Mr. Hilton stepped back and observed Krystal with a critical eye.

 

“Bill, Cassandra, this is my baby sister who I’ve mentioned a few times, Krystal Jung,” Jessica took it upon herself to introduce the three. “Krystal, this is Bill Hilton and his beautiful daughter, Cassandra Hilton.”

 

Krystal's POV

 

After our little introduction, Jessica and Yuri continued to chat festively with the Hiltons while I zoned out. Bored, I began glancing around the room, admiring the room and furniture, and taking in the little intricate designs. I didn’t know how long we stood there, but it must have been a while since my foot began to ache. Aish, I want to sit down.

 

My attention was caught when I heard Mr. Hilton’s voice boom loudly, calling for someone to come over to our location. Looking towards the direction he was waving in, my breath hitched when I saw a familiar face in the crowd. Why? Why was she here?

 

I didn’t know how long I spaced out for because when I finally snapped out of it Jessica was looking at me with concern, patting my forearm. Seeing Amber closing the distance, I quickly hid behind Jessica and Yuri, hoping that she won’t see me.

 

“Guys, let me introduce you to my savior. This little champ here, although small,” I saw her giving Mr. Hilton a playful shove. “saved my life more than I can count.”

 

Mr. Hilton’s voice trailed off as I studied her face. Her jawline had become more define. Her lips more kissable. Stop it, Soojung-ah! I scolded myself. Her eyes, the same brown eyes that I used to love gazing into so long ago still held that warmness that was so welcoming, so inviting. My heart began picking up its pace as I saw her tone muscles showing through her tight-fit clothes. Gone was the innocent boy image she used to carry during our idol days. She now carried about her an indefinable air of having seen the worst of humanity. Before I could go on admiring her, our eyes locked and it seemed as if time froze still. 

 

“Krys,” the older girl mouths.