Second Chance-4

Kryber Stories

 

Amber’s POV

 

We were now seated across each other in an empty café, silence filling the air around us. No one made a move to start off and I know she wouldn’t because even though it’s been years, I still know my Princess. She may have a look of indifference, but the look in her eyes states otherwise. She was mad, she was beyond pissed, she was hurt, but most of all, she wants answers, answers that I couldn’t give her, at least not at this moment.

 

I eyed her, taking in her beauty, engraving her image forever into my soul. She has grown up into a fine woman. If I had stayed by her side, where would we be now? Would we be engaged? Or married and have kids running around? Would we have broken up some years ago? But I knew there are no use for ‘what if’s’ because I had not stayed.

 

I wanted to take her hand in mine, to feel her skin on my skin once more, to feel her warmth spreading through my body, but I’m scared that if I touched her, she’ll disappeared into a puff of smoke and I’ll wake up to find that it was only a dream. Heh, that wouldn’t surprise me though. It wouldn’t be the first time.

 

“Say whatever you need to say. I’m a busy woman.” Her words were cold and sharp, but just hearing her voice made a small smile creep onto my face.

 

“N-no.” I caught her hand as she got up to leave. “Stay, please…At least for a few more minutes.”

 

She let out a defeated sigh but complied. Seated once more, she yanked her hand out of mine and placed it in her lap, out of my reach. It didn’t take long for her warmth on my skin to vanish and the moment it did, I wanted to ask if I could hold her hand once more. But I knew she wouldn’t allow for it.

 

“H-h-how are you, Sooju-”

 

“Krystal,” she cut in. Her eyes were colder than I can remember. “Call me Krystal. Only close friends are allowed to call me Soojung.”

 

Ouch, that hurts. Stop bleeding, heart. You deserve it.

 

“O-okay. How you’ve been, K-Krystal?”

 

She shrugged her shoulders. “Good. Perfect even. Happier than I can ever remember being. You?”

 

I knew she didn’t really care to know how I’ve been doing. It was more of a courtesy than anything. But I answered nonetheless.

 

“Good. I-I’ve just been released from active duty a few days ago.”

 

I saw something flash in her eyes quickly before disappearing just as fast as it appeared. Maybe I was just seeing things. Yeah, I’m just seeing things, I convinced myself.

 

I spent the next few minutes asking ‘pointless  to her but important to me’questions and her giving short replies. And before I could ask another one, she cut in.

 

“What’s your goal, Amber? What do you want from me?”

 

"You! I want your love!" Was what I wanted to tell her, but I couldn’t so instead I answered, “T-to be friends?”

 

She let out a cold laugh. “Friends?” She wiped away a fake tear. “I don’t need fake friends who’ll just leave me one day.”

 

If my heart could break any more than it already was, then it surely would have by her jab.

 

“Sorry, but I’m not sorry, I’ve got more important things to do than stay here and chat with a stranger.”

 

I didn’t stop her this time from leaving. Don’t look away, I told myself as I watched her retreating back before it was gone from view. You did well, Amber. You can cry now.

 

Unknown to me, Krystal was also crying as she left the café in a hurry. If I had followed her, I would have seen her crouched low and balling her eyes out in front of the shop next door.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry, it's a short update. I lost all my files for my stories a few months back and I've justbeen too busy with work and life to do anything about it. Hope you guys aren't mad. Well, enjoy. And yes, I will continue to work to finish all my fics. I won't stop until their all completed. Just wait please.