The Wait

Kryber Stories

 

A/N: Here's a one-shot for you guys while I'm writing Second Chance-4 and Patient 6043-4. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The pebble rolled to a stop and before I could kick it again, I felt a weight on my back. A smile tugged on my lips, not having to glance back to know who it was. There was only one person in this world that could send my heart racing just by a mere touch.

 

“Did you wait long?” she asked as she buried her face in my neck.

 

“If you ask for it, I could and will wait forever for you,” I spun her to stand in front of me and beamed a loving smile. My smile only widen, if that was even possible, when she leaned into my touch as I caressed her face. Oh, if she only knew how much I adore her, which only seems to be growing bigger with each passing day.

 

It didn’t take long for her to begin placing kisses along my face, giggling with every peck. Of course, being deprived of her lips, I cupped her face with both hands stilling her. Seeing her grin, I playfully rolled my eyes before smashing our lips together. No matter how many times we’ve kissed, I could never get enough of them. Her lips were like a drug that I just couldn’t stay away from; so, so addicting. As our make out session got more heated, I began pushing her back until her back was against the bleachers.

 

I schooled my facial expression, hiding the pain and hurt in them when she suddenly pushed me away as we heard her friends arriving. She faced me with an apologetic look before slowly walking away, fixing herself to look presentable. “I love you,” she turned around to mouth before whirling around and running to her group of friends as if she hadn’t just made out with her secret girlfriend. What made it hurt even more was the fact that she didn’t even wait for me to say those three words back.

 

When I felt a hand on my shoulder, I glanced back and faked a smile to assure my friends that I was fine, that her action had not just stabbed me in the heart. As they left by myself, I glanced back to look at her chatting and laughing with her friends happily.

 

I let out a sigh before whirling around to leave the gymnasium to head to my own class. I came to a sudden halt though, not having taken five steps, when I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I overheard her answering one of her friends’ question.

 

“Yah! Stop joking around, Sulli-ah! How can I like Amber? She may look like a boy but in the end she’s a girl. And I will never date girls. I’m not a lesbian.”

 

I should've been use to it for this was the nth time I've overheard her denials, but I'm not. With an aching heart, I strolled off to class, her denial replaying in my head.

 

“I will wait for you to be brave enough to tell everyone that we're in love,” I said softly.

 

----------------------------------------------

Well, there's my first one-shot! Tell me how it was. I hope it wasn't that much of a failure. *laugh nervously*