Patient 6043-3

Kryber Stories

a/n: short chapter update

 

“Here’s your ring,” she said as she stretched out her hand to give back the ring.

 

“…Sica?” Amber whispered, afraid that if she speaks any louder she’ll break whatever spell her captors placed on her.

 

Amber stared at the white ceiling, long into the night as she recalled her encounter with the new doctor earlier during the day. “Krystal Jung Soojung,” she muttered softly, trying out the girl-who-looked-akin-to-her-Sica’s name. The two even had the same surname.

 

~~~~

 

“NO!” Amber dashed towards Jessica, ignoring the stabbing pain in her body as she saw him raised his gun and aimed it at her girlfriend.

 

BANG~

 

Her eyes widen as everything slowed. Blood spurted out as the bullet penetrated through Jessica’s chest. The two lovers locked eyes for a brief second; a single tear fell from Jessica’s eyes before she fell lifelessly to the ground. “Jessi..ca…Jessica…sica-ah…” Amber stumbled with slow, heavy steps towards her. “SICA!!!”

 

She shot up with a start as sweat rolled off her, tears dripping and damping her sheets. She was panting heavily from that dream, the same dream that had haunted her every night. Amber had to pry her fingers free from her tight clutch on the bed sheets before she could wipe away her tears.

 

~~~~

 

“Here you go, ma’am,” Amber handed a flower that she had picked from the garden to one of the nurses while stifling her laughter. Birdie, who was beside her, nudged her on the side while stifling his laughter as well.

 

The nurse quirked a brow at the two most troublesome patients, but thanked them nonetheless for the beautiful flower.

 

Amber and Birdie scurried away after the nurse took the flower and hid themselves behind a corner, watching with expectant eyes. They waited patiently for a few seconds before a loud shriek was heard echoing throughout the corridor. The two had stuffed the flower with all sorts of bugs and insects they could find and given it to the nurse who just so happens to have a phobia of those little creatures.

 

“Hahahahahaha,” Amber threw back her head and leaned against the wall for support as she pounded her palm on the wall.

 

“Hahahaha,” Birdie toppled over, clutching onto his aching stomach, wheezing for air.

 

“Aheeem!” the two stopped laughing, or at least tried to stop themselves, when they heard someone clearing their throat behind them.

 

Amber hurriedly picked Birdie up from the ground and smoothed out her clothes before turning to face whoever had interrupted them, all the while choking back her laughter. Her laughter quickly died when she came face to face with Krystal Jung who was shooting a cold, murderous glare at them, well, mostly at her. She paled and gulped nervously before leaning towards Birdie and shouted.

 

“Run!”

 

The two spun on their heels and tried to make a dash for it. Birdie had made a clean escape while Amber, unluckily, was held in place by the collar. She could feel the temperature dropping insanely fast, making her shudder.

 

~~~~

 

Amber now stood in front of the same nurse from earlier with a half scowl and half pout on her face. Beside her was the scary doctor that she’s sure will haunt her in her sleep for nights to come. Krystal had given her a long, torturous lecture and demanded her to apologize.

 

“I’m sowwy,” she spoke in baby-talk, offering a new flower in replacement of the old.

 

The nurse was now hesitant in accepting anything from Amber, but in the end, with trembling hands, reached out to take the flower. Before she could even take it, Amber tilted the flower forward and squeezed the eye dropper that she had hidden behind the petals.

 

“Aahhhh!” the nurse’s shriek could be heard once more echoing throughout the corridor with Amber’s loud laughter soon following after.

 

~~~~

 

Amber fumbled with her hands like a little kid. At the moment, she was seated on a wooden chair and in front of her was the mean, scary doctor who had her legs crossed and arms crossed against her chest. Dr. Jung did not look pleased whatsoever.

 

Amber fidgeted nervously. This was the first time since she’s been stuck in the institute that she had ever felt scared for her life.