Some Good Cuddling

While You Were Kidnapped

            Saturday morning, Day 6.

            I woke up with a huge headache, not to mention puffy eyes and an extreme case of bed hair.

            Then my mind clicked into place. The events from last night suddenly come to view: creepy Bambam, running into Kai, going to karaoke, and him…taking me…home…

 

 

            I was drunk, sleepy, and basically out of my mind.

            Kai helped me out of the karaoke place. “Kay uh this was fun and everything but I gotta go.”

            “Taemin, no!” I shouted. “Please don’t leave me again.”

            “What the hell? ‘Taemin’?”

            I clung tight onto Kai’s jacket sleeve. I don’t remember if I was still crying or not. “Please,” I pleaded. “Please don’t…”

            “I am not Taemin,” he replied, annoyed.

            But I didn’t listen as I continued to cling onto him. I think I’d even wrapped my arms around his waist to keep him from going.

            “You are really starting to get on my nerves,” Kai said.

            I giggled. “I don’t even have a ride home.”

            Kai sighed. “I can’t believe I’m doing this,” he mumbled.

            The two of us got on the last bus together, him being reluctant to even take me home of course. We sat side by side and somewhere along the line my head had drooped onto his shoulder. He softly pushed my head off but it just ended up just bouncing back.

            “I missed you,” I said. I proceeded to take it further and full-on cuddle with him, wrapping my arm around his broad chest. “Don’t ever leave me again.”

 

 

            I went downstairs and tiredly poured myself a cup of coffee, thinking about how stupid I was for even being with that jerk last night, then went outside to get the paper.

            There was a strange envelope sitting on the front step, labeled ‘TO: Hyemi’.

            Huh?

            Inside were three pictures: my yearbook picture, Taemin’s yearbook picture, and a yearbook picture of a girl who I recognized to be the heiress to ACube Hotels, Son Naeun. My picture had an ‘X’ marked across it.

            I didn’t quite understand why this would be sent to me, until I reached into the envelope to find a fourth photo.

            A photo of a guy and a girl in bed, although it soon occurred to me that it was Taemin and Naeun in the photo.

            I stumbled back, suddenly feeling faint.

            No, I thought. It can’t be. He couldn’t have. This can’t be them it has to be a trick, a joke.

            But the picture was clear. It was Taemin’s face, as well as Naeun’s. I even looked for signs of photoshop but it looked too real.

            I put the photos away and decided to not believe it just yet until I got some sort of confirmation. However, I still felt a bit uneasy knowing that such a possibility could actually exist: that Taemin hadn’t been loyal to me.

            That afternoon, to ease off my heavy thoughts, I decided to do some shopping. Jiyeon owed me, so the two of us went together. We were walking and talking when we notice a crowd on the street ahead of us. There was loud music playing.

            “What’s going on?” I asked aloud.

            “Looks like a dance off,” Jiyeon replied, peering over at the crowd. “Omg dance guys are hot! Hyemi, let’s go watch them!” She pulled me over to the scene, excited. I lazily stood there, not really in the mood to watch people dance.

            That is, until I saw a familiar face.

            I definitely hadn’t recognized him at first. He was wearing a cap and a t-shirt, and his back had been to me until him and the guy he was dancing against switched spots. I watched him as he danced, in a trance. His moves were so smooth, so crisp, so different.

            He made eye contact with me and my eyes widened. I quickly looked away, suddenly feeling embarrassed. My thoughts immediately went back to what I’d done to him last night. How could I’ve been so stupid?!

            “Hey Hyemi isn’t that the guy you went off with yesterday?” Jiyeon asked me.

            “Uh…Yeah. I mean, I guess.”

            “You guess?” Jiyeon looked at me suspiciously. “Well he’s a really good dancer, just sayin’.”

            Kai won the dance battle, and politely shook hands with his opponent. I recognized him to be this Chinese kid named Lay, from school.

            “You’re an awesome dancer,” Lay was saying to him. “You sure you’re not interested in joining the dance team at school?”

            Kai shook his head. “Nah. I…can’t really afford the membership.”

            “Aw well that . When or if you get the money, just know that there will be an open spot for you,” Lay replied.

            Kai nodded. “Thanks, man.”

            “Hyemi, let’s go talk to him!” Jiyeon said.

            “Huh?”

            But before I could argue she was already dragging me towards him.

            “Hi! I’m Jiyeon! We go to school together. Damn, your dancing is so awesome!”

            “Thanks.”

            “Sooooo cool!” Jiyeon gushed. “Oh my gosh I want to talk to the other guy too! Lay, wait up!”

            There she goes, scampering over to Lay, who’d been packing up the boom box. Freaking Jiyeon.

            Kai smirks at me. “Want to cuddle again?”

            “Shut up,” I hissed, looking around to make sure no one was listening. “I was drunk.”

            “Yeah I know. I had to practically piggy back you to your front door.”

            “Last night was a onetime thing and it will never happen again,” I declared. “So I think it’s best if we just forget about it.”

            Kai considered this, then shook his head. “Nah.”

            My eyes widened. “What did you say?”

            “What you did last night was hilarious. I think I’ll choose not to forget it,” he replied, uncapping his water bottle.

            “You,” I said through clenched teeth, “will not tell this to anyone.”

            “Who is there to tell?” he asked innocently.

 

 

            That night I was having sushi with Jackson, where I filled him in on the envelope I received this morning, and tidbits about what happened at karaoke. He went ballistic.

            “You got drunk in front of Kai?!” Jackson exclaimed. “Out of all people?!”

            “You care about that more than the possibility of my boyfriend being disloyal to me?” I asked. “Not to mention someone knows and purposely wants me to know? Hence the envelope delivered on my doorstep?”

            “Well,” Jackson started. “Taemin was pretty popular with the ladies, Hyemi. Plus, he’s an upcoming businessman. You know how those people can be.”

            “I can’t believe it,” I said. “I don’t know what to think.”

            “We could always go talk to Naeun,” Jackson offered. “To get confirmation. But I don’t know if you want to hear it.”

            “No,” I said. “I don’t. I’ve already been humiliated twice today. Don’t need a third.”

            Jackson seemed to be thinking about something, so I asked him what was up. “You and Kai…would actually make a really cute couple…”

            “WHAT?!” Now it was my turn to go ballistic. “That is disgusting.”

            “I am serious.”

            “You are grossing me out.”

            “So what was it like to cuddle with him, huh?” Jackson asked. “Felt any sparks? Was he warm?”

            “I only did it because I missed Taemin and he reminded me of him.”

            Jackson rolled his eyes. “Can you please forget about Taemin for two seconds? We’re talking about Kai right now.”

            I crossed my arms. “Fine.” I tried remembering the exact details. “His chest is really broad. I felt safe. He smelled nice, too. There. I said it. Now shut up about me and Kai which, just to let you know, is never going to happen.”

            “I really want it to happen.”

            “Ew. That is literally so gross.”