Like a Dream

While You Were Kidnapped

            It was another sleepless night. I had the same similar dream of Kai being so close but so far away.

            “Kai...KAI!” I shot up right on my bed, heart rapidly beating and tears present.

            It was just a dream. Just a dream…

            I put a hand to my heart in the hopes that it would calm down, and sniffled. I miss him...I miss him so much….

            I couldn’t take it anymore. Everything was just so overwhelming. The dreams, the continuous internal struggle to move on from him and continue on with my life. Never in a million years would I’ve expected Kim Jongin to have this effect on me.

            I threw off the covers and got dressed in some sweats and sneakers. I needed to take a walk, even if it was two in the morning.

            I stepped out onto the driveway and veered onto the sidewalk. The night air was good, nice. It reminded me of him.

            “Hyemi.”

            Huh?

I couldn’t have imagined that, right? I knew it was impossible. What the hell would Kai be doing right outside my house? It was unheard of. He doesn’t even care about me enough to return my calls.

            But when I turned around, there he was.

            “Hey,” he said, practically stomping up to me. “Where do you think you’re going at this hour? You’re supposed to be asleep.”

I noticed how much skinnier he looked, the dark circles under his eyes and how much paler he’s gotten. 

            “I-I…” I struggled to speak, because seeing him right now, in the flesh, I could hardly say a word.

            “Are you creeped out?” Kai spoke up. “Aren’t you wondering what I was conveniently doing in front of your house in the first place?”

            I shakily shook my head. “No. Not at all.”

            “Wow...you must really like me then.”

            “I do. And I hate myself for it, okay?” the tears were already coming down. “You know I should be asking you why you’re here….why you were in front of my house and everything but….I’m just so happy to see you that I can’t. I don’t care if you were being creepy or whatever I just needed to see you and I-I missed you so much.”

            Kai took a step forward and said, “I’ve missed you too.”

            “No,” I said, shaking my head as a tear fell to the ground. “You don’t. You don’t even care about me,”

            “That’s not true.”

            “You don’t! All you do is leave me in the dust and you never even bother to tell me where you are and I’m always left here waiting for you, not even knowing if you’re ever going to come back,” I sobbed. “Do you know how that feels? To not know where you are? It . I worry about you like crazy when I shouldn’t even be.”

            Kai put his hands on my cheeks, bringing up my eyes to meet his. “You can’t say that I don’t care about you,” he said. “Because that’s the biggest lie in the universe.”

            “How can I believe that?”

            “Because,” Kai said softly. “Because I love you. And if you think that’s a lie too, then I’ll spend the rest of my life proving to you that it isn’t. Hyemi, I love you.”

            I love you. His words rang in my mind, loud and clear.

            I smiled through my tears as Kai leaned down to kiss me. At that moment, it had almost felt like the kiss of life. Because when he kissed me, the dark clouds were gone, the moon shined down bright on us, and for the first time in a long while, I finally felt alive again. He was here. With me. And that was all I needed.

            I kissed him back, running my hands through his hair. Kai’s lips were aggressive, but passionate. “Let’s go…back to my room,” I said through our kisses.

            Kai gave me a crooked smile. “I really am the luckiest guy alive.”

            I slipped my hand into his and smiled mischievously as I led him back to the house and up to my room. The two of us laughed like little kids as we fell onto the bed, our clothes gradually stripped to the bare skin.

 

 

            To put it bluntly, having with Kim Jongin was kind of like a dream.

            Everything felt so fast, but so blissful, that I never knew such a combination existed. But it was a happy, long-lasting dream, one with passion and cute quirks that made me smile. Any feelings of doubt between us had been put to rest that night.

            When I woke up, I’d half-expected to find the bed empty, the entire night a dream.

            But he was there, sleeping peacefully. Kind of like a little puppy.

            I giggled to myself and snuggled closer to him, warm in his arms. “Good morning,” I murmured as I stared up at his handsome face.

            Kai slowly opened one eye, then the other. When he saw me, his lips broke out into a smile. “So…last night was real.”

            “Much real.”

            “I’m glad it was.”

            I grinned and traced the lines on his chest, admiring the body that was Kim Jongin’s.

            “You know,” I said quietly, “I never expected this between us. When I first met you I thought you were a total .”

            Kai laughed, remembering the old times. “I thought you were a pampered princess who didn’t know a thing about dancing.”

            “I didn’t,” I admitted. “Until I saw you dance.”

            His hand found mine and he played with my fingers, mindlessly speaking. “I think I’ve always been a bit attracted to you. But…” Then he laughed. “It really hit me hard when I saw you in your debutante dress.”

            “Really?”

            “Mhm. I remember that I couldn’t stop thinking about it.”

            I smiled. “You have that picture of me in your wallet.”

            “A picture that I will never take out.”

            I kissed his lips. “I love you,” I murmured. “Kim Jongin.”

            Then we dug under the covers and did last night all over again.

 

A/N: heh :D