Chapter 4

Our Twisted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Holy ..." The erted man said. The girls screamed as they heard gunshots filling the air.

 

"Run...RUN!!" Said the taller man. The girls, fear-stricken, began to run with the strange street performers down the alleyway.

 

"What the hell is going on?!" Evangeline yelled over the noise.

 

"Where are we going?" Aisha said, her heart racing as they ran along, twisting their way into the deeper parts of shady Beijing.

 

"Hopefully someplace safer..." Sage panted.

 

"Just stick with us, you'll be okay, foreigners." Said the erted man.

 

"Okay first you say crap about our s and now you're calling us foreigners? What's next?" Scarlett gasped.

 

"Well, there is that fine ..."

 

"THIS IS NOT THE TIME!" Evangeline yelled. The pounding of feet and gunshots seemed to get louder as they ran along. The group stopped in front of a very shady looking van.

 

"Get in." Said the tall guy.

 

"No freakin way." Samantha said, crossing her arms over her chest. A bullet whizzed by her head, causing her to gasp in alarm. The tall man cocked an eyebrow.

 

"On second thought, get me in there." Samantha said, and climbed in. The five girls and two boys squeezed into the van. Evangeline jumped into the driver's seat, much to the tall man's surprise. He took shotgun.

 

"You'll just tell me where to go." Evangeline said cockily.

 

"Fine, whatever. Start her up and drive straight till I say so." The tall guy said. Evangeline turned the car on, the engine roaring to life. More gunshots rang out. The girls heard some bullets hit the car. Sage screamed.

 

"Relax, pretty lady, we'll be outta here soon." Said the erted man.

 

Evangeline stepped on the gas and they began to drive pell-mell out of the danger zone. Aisha tried to calm her fluttering heart by counting to ten in Korean slowly. The erted guy arched a brow at her.

 

"You speak Korean?" He asked her, switching languages. She nodded.

 

"Okay, now make a left up here." The tall man instructed. Evangeline jerked the wheel violently, causing Samantha to fall onto the erted guy.

 

"Oh my God those things are real! I've literally hit the Motherload!" He said, winking. Samantha slapped him, causing him to let out a string of swear words in Korean, which of course made Aisha's eyes widen in shock.

 

"I'm Chen, by the way, miss slapper. And you are?"

 

"I'm none of your business." Samantha said, brows furrowed. Her newly acquired eyebrow piercing she'd gotten a few days back made it even more menacing.

 

"Take a right up here, crazy driver." The tall man said. He turned around to look at the other girls. "I'm Kris, nice to meet you all, Even though the circumstances aren't ideal." He turned back around. "NO NO I SAID RIGHT! STOP STOP STOP!"

 

Evangeline slammed on the brake, causing the passengers to fall out of their seats again.

 

"I'm trying the best I can!" She complain-shouted. Kris rolled his eyes.

 

"It's fine, I think we've lost them anyway. We can walk from here too."

 

"Where exactly are we going?" Scarlett asked as they climbed out and began to walk to the even darker alleyway.

 

"A safe place." Chen said as they walked along. Scarlett kept her hand near her waistband nonchalantly, but really she was making sure the warm metal of her small gun was still there. She didn't trust dark alleyways, especially with two strange men named Kris and Chen.

 

A dim light hung over a storage house, giving off an eerie glow to the setting. The girls looked around warily. Evangeline began chewing on her lip ring, something she did when she was stressed or uneasy. The girls knew that their leader really didn't trust these men, and they didn't blame her.

 

"We're here. Now I got to warn you, what you're about to see may blow your minds." Chen said dramatically as he took out a key chain with a lot of keys on it and unlocked the door. The girls all rolled their eyes at Chen's drama, already 100% done with his crap.

 

He opened the door for the girls, giving an after you face. They eyed him suspiciously as they walked into the creepy storage house with their bodies still facing him.

 

"Oh..." Sage said faintly, summing up what all the other girls were thinking as well.

 

The storage house was impressive to the girls, whom were still using hotel rooms for their setup. A giant sound booth was set up near the end of the house, hooked up with speakers that made Aisha's technology-filled brain go into overdrive. Couches lined the right wall, where three very attractive but aggressive looking men were sitting, wearing all black and casually playing a gambling game. The center was clear, possibly for dance space so the men could practice their street dancing. Those girls safely assumed these boys took their street performing very seriously. In another corner, unmarked crates were stacked high up to the ceiling. The girls wondered what exactly was in those boxes, but thought better of it.

 

Another tall, lean, yet well muscled man was practicing a dance move without any music. He finished his spin and locked eyes with Sage. His deer eyes widened, then quickly broke the eye contact with the blonde woman and asked in Chinese, "You brought more girls for us?"

 

"Not today. Street fight broke out again, the usual gangs causing trouble." Kris responded back. Sage's ears picked up the language and concentrated, figuring out what they were saying. She shared a look with Aisha. Her lips were a tight line as she paid close attention.

 

"Aiiiish." He said, fiddling with the single piercing in his right ear. "Hey girls." He said in English, bowing.

 

Aisha and Sage bowed back, silently thanking their insane history teachers for spending a semester on Asian customs. The other three looked in puzzlement. The three men gambling stopped their game and came over to see the interesting wannabe-gangster foreigner girls. The girls raised their eyebrows, sizing them up. All but two had their ears pierced on both sides and a few had scars and tattoos.

 

"Guess we should thank you for getting us out of that situation." Evangeline said.

 

"You can thank us by giving us your names." Chen said slyly. Samantha glared at him.

 

"Ya'll go first." Scarlett said, her hand still hovering over her concealed gun just in case.

 

"Okay, fine. I'm Lay." Said one, smiling. A dimple appeared on his face and he was one that had only one ear pierced.

 

"I'm Xiumin." Said the shortest one. The girls knew they wouldn't have trouble with remembering him, for he had single eyelids. A small diagonal scar was noted on the hairline on the left side.

 

"I'm Tao." Said a gruff voice. He was well-muscled and had a dragon tattoo s around his left bicep. Black eyeliner lined his eyes heavily and a tiny scar was located on the right side of his nose. Scarlett gulped.

 

"And I'm Luhan." Said the one with deer eyes. He had a miniscule lip scar as well. He looked back at Sage again with curiosity, tilting his head which made his one earing glitter. She could feel her heart thump a bit harder for a moment.

 

He's kinda cute.

 

She pushed that thought away immediat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter